Karakal M-Tec 80 Tattoo limited edition

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Danstevens, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Excellent. So you got an MTec 85 for £22 delivered? That's great.

2. Sasho

Sasho Regular Member

Could someone tell me what is the real weight of the m-tec 80 (with grip and stringed) amd how long is it?

Thank you!

3. Danstevens

Student
    I own an MTec 70 but I'm playing tomorrow afternoon and one of my practise partners has an MTec 80 so I'll ask if I can borrow it to measure then (unless anyone posts them before me).

4. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

i ve played with reguler mtec80+hiqua iso 66 demo string...Balance point with string and without additional grip is 31cm, with kimoni grip is 29.5cm. Weight, it s light weight.. i thinx it similar to carlton powerblade 9500....this racket is rather stiff

i can tell the feel and other experience cos it look like i ve to change the string first...cos i felt i cant gett feel with iso 66

5. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    Karakal M-Tec 80

Length is 67.5 and the weight with string and grip is 90 grams....

6. Sasho

Sasho Regular Member

Thank you all!

If the m-tec 80 is 90 grams, than I will go for the m-tec 75 that I already know is about 83-85 grams with grip and string but more head-heavy and stiffer... It is the same length I suppose...

7. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

im a weak player, and i feel that Mtec 80 is still light weight....i afraid iuf u chooses mtec 75 it ll be to light for you

8. mrdunkleysexy

mrdunkleysexy Regular Member

Well, collected my mtec-85 from royal mail earlier, was suprised how big the box was!! the box was large enough to hold a small plasma television !!

Ive not too long come back from bowling so Ive taken three quick pictures but looking at the racquet it looks like iv purchased it at half the price (£22) so im happy, nice paint work on the racquet too and it feels very study

I play next Monday, very much looking forward to trying it out next week

Attached Files:

#88 mrdunkleysexy, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  9. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    The weight of Karakal rackets is also the model number....M-Tec 70 is 70 gram,,,M-Tec 80 is 80gram etc....the M-Tec 75 is good choice and the shaft is same as M-Tec 80 8.5-9.0.....You really might consider the Revo 76 or 77...the frame is same as Arcsaber very thin and does not use the Muscle Tec design...

10. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Grab a scale, it's a well-known fact that the "70 grams" is actuallly "70 grams frame weight" (even says so on the racket itself).

an mtec 80 is 80grams when you remove the grip and the string. gripped and strung my mtec80's come in at around 88-90 grams. which pretty much matches how heavy they feel compared to yonex rackets (a slightly headheavy 3U).

Don't worry, the mtec70 is still light as heck:p:eek:

Attached Files:

11. Danstevens

Student
    That's the new paint job as well, isn't it? You got a great deal and I'm sure you'll love the racket.

12. mrdunkleysexy

mrdunkleysexy Regular Member

yep its the new paint job, the paint work on it is excellent

thanks for all you advise dan and karakalkat

I played with the racquet for the first time on monday night, mixed doubles for nearly two hours and from playing with it for that session I reckon I have myself a bargain for the price I paid

From a defense point of few this racquet suits my style but is still head heavy so my smashing and baseline shots are not compromised

Its gonna take me a few more sessions to get used to but I will be restringing it sometime next month but for now the stock strings will do, it also came with a nice sticky karakal PU grip which I also use on my other racquet

Will more than likely add another karakal racquet to my collection in the future no doubt, very pleased

13. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

Hey Jerby, do you add an overgrip to your racquets? I find that my racquets tend to weigh about 6-7 grams more that listed weight after stringing and overgripping.

I find that 85g and 285mm balance is a pretty good starting point for defense and power for me (91-92g strung and overgripped) but it sounds like the MTec 80 might be a little bit lighter than that. And then the MTec 85 would be a little bit heavy at 93-95 grams

I was thinking about the MTec 80 or Tattoo but now I'm wondering if they might be a little bit light. How would you compare their power to other racquets you've reviewed like the CP5000 or the Woven 7?

14. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    Karakal New Rackets

Karakal is coming out with some new rackets called M-Tec 70 Gel, Tour Gel, Tour lite, M-Tec 75 Tattoo, Aerospeed 888 and Aerospeed 777....
    When you are comparing rackets try to use the factory weight and bp because it is so easy to change these numbers with string and grips...some grips weigh more than others...We have the M-Tec 85 in headlite balance and for me (arm swing player) I get more power with it than the even balance one....but our sponsored players get more power with the even balance....
    The CP5000 comes in 82-88 gram weight
    The Woven 7 comes in 89-93 gram weight

15. Danstevens

Student
    Care to explain more about the Tour rackets? Actually, I'm quite interested in the MTec 70 gel as well.

16. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I wrap a karakal PU grip on the wood, no overgrips.
    Every other brand sets their weight at unstrung+standard grip, only karakal does it unstrung+ugripped. So I just weigh with the grip added:p

strung+overgrip, the mtec80 would be something like 90-91 grams.
    Compared to my w7 it's lighter (but just as headheavy), my cp5k is marginally lighter, but really just as small difference.

-Jerry

17. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    I am not concerned as to which companies weight is with or without string and grip....As stated before, different grips weigh different...If you want to compare exactly do it without the grip and string...If you want to know the true BP it must be done without grip and string....:DThe factories (according to the 4 that I work with) when checking their rackets do not check them with the grip on...but rather at the time of adding the wood handle as this gives them the balance point they want in relation to the length....thats why its so hard to get exactly the same weight, length and BP...one time the racket is exactly as advertised and the next time its not...very difficult for them...Karakal is very good in this respect with 99% of their rackets coming in exactly the same...When we receive a new shipment we check the BP of all racket and write it on the plastic....

18. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    Karakal Gel rackets

I will be getting my sample set soon and let you know how they test...If you like you can contact me at info@giadinhsports.com and I will send you the pictures..The graphics are much different than anything they have done before...:DI am waiting for an explanation on what the GEL is...

19. Danstevens

Student
    Thanks.

( minimum character thing)

20. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Wonder if the gel thingy same as Dunlop aerogel ? A material which is very light and very strong.