apacs Tantrum500 International

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by zero_hour, Aug 19, 2011.

1. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    Hmm just compared it to my N90, N55 and F9 and looks exactly same length, at most maybe 1mm difference. I am playing again tomorrow with friends to work on some drills... I'm sure I'll get some more power out of it haha. Even after this short time playing with it I think it is my #1 doubles racquet.

2. nkdinz

nkdinz Regular Member

cool thanks... i tried my friends slayer 88... rating is 8.5 but i really liked the racket... its really fast.... now need to try this tantrum 500 this also rated abt 8.5

3. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

it maybe the string. the BG80 "power" isnt really power at all. why don't you restring it with a zymax62 and compare?

4. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    I'm thinking that myself, what I'm waiting for is my VS850 to come in and string it up exactly like my F9.

5. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

cool, how do you compare them to your other rackets?

what is its stiff rating and balance point to you?

on the post #1
    BCP: 290+5mm sounds as if closer to light head
    Flex: 8.0-8.5 is flexible right?

6. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    Damn! I missed my shipment of VS850. I was looking forward to restringing the T500 tonight.

Anyway it'll have to wait. So I have a F9 that is said to be medium flex... I find the T500 slightly more flexible than that but it could be caused by the slimmer shaft. My T500 slightly under 290mm but like I said it was pretty easy to adjust the first time I used it. Most of my racquets are all around 300mm bp so it's no wonder i'm a bit faster at the net with the T500.

I had a chance to use it yesterday for a training session but after the warm-ups and footwork drills (45 min of it!) I could barely move. We had 15min for games and I was awful because I was so tired.

Oh ya I'm not impressed with BG80P.. maybe I should have strung it up at 26lbs but I was worried about how hard it would feel. BG80 @ 26lbs feels like I'm hitting a brick wall sometimes for me, didn't know BG80P was like a medium feel.

7. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

hahaha, you bought without checking up on the strings? usually if its the same width (0.67mm) you'd wanna keep it at the same tension.

how slim is the shaft again? i know the new tweet 8k-i is 6.7 mm (vt80 is 6.8mm)

with the bp slightly under 290mm do you feel it as balanced or light head?

8. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    Hmm from the apacscanada website it says it's 7.0mm for shaft diameter. And yes I think it feels more even balanced.. which explains the better net play.

Anyways I strung it up with VS850 today... ran to the post office and picked up my package from RKEP.

Usually I let the string sit for a day or two before I play it but I couldn't wait so the 2 hours would have to do.

I only took out my N55 and T500 for today's 8-10:30 session. The T500 felt a little bit better in terms of power this time around. I was able to get some very good smashes in but only if I remembered to get my arm up and full extension, I'm pretty lazy and a lot of times and half swing for smashes. I'm going to give it a slight bump in power 7.5-8 / 10. What I like is that it's very forgiving on some off center shots, when you hit it well you get a very good response from it.. when it's not a great shot it feels a little soft. Control was very good and I out played someone that was usually much better at the net than me.. I somehow got a few nice tumbling drops going today.

When I switched to my N55 you could see the power difference even with the half swing I do... ended up breaking my ZyMax 67 after two games.. grrrr.. it was really starting to feel really good too.

9. Mat Jie

Mat Jie Regular Member

that pays enough
    how does T500 performance compared to VH1800/2000?
    was holding it at a shop yesterday & the sales girl quote the price RM299 + string.

10. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

check low yat forum, guy called arc1414 sells T500 for rm260 (frame only).

i thinking of buying the tweet 8k he's selling for rm280 but zero_hour said only the tweet 7k has the bravesword frame, i might need to go to shop and test tweet 7k first :D

11. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    agree with you. T500 is a good racket. I strung mine with BG65 and it give me enough power to smash.

12. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    What about comparison with T200?

13. tjayuk

tjayuk Regular Member

Hey guys thanks for the reviews i was hoping someone could do perhaps an indepth review vs the tantrum 200. I am in the UK so its impossible for me to test the rackets - I bought the tantrum 200 based on reviews and its great for me it matches my play perfectly although my smashes arent booming i think because its very stiff.

Im thinking for my game the tantrum 500 might be a good trade off - if its slightly more flexible I might be able to generate a little more power but still have all the control - As i say its so difficult for me I love apacs rackets but I cant even hold them before buying!

14. nkdinz

nkdinz Regular Member

well there is a review from zero_hour... he is an ex tantrum 200 user... have a read... go a few pages back... even im an ex-tantrum user.. but i switched to the slayer 88 instead of the tantrum 500... i was reccomended by the seller for the slayer 88 since its easier to handle and has the aero frame... so its pretty quick around the net.. n i can generate more power too... the tantrum 200 was too stiff for me... im gonna stick to medium stiff rackets now

15. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

tadah, its at post 34. T500 is definitely thinner in shaft and frame than T200 thats why its faster.

16. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

how about ratnig your C7 and N55 in the control, power & feel out of 10 scale too for our reference :D

17. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    Oh boy hmmm

N55 - I have been using this one again as my main racquet. It's now using the same string as the T500 and same tension, VS850 @ 24/26lbs. I believe all three are rated medium stiff but the N55 seems the stiffest of the bunch.

Control: 9/10
    Power: 9/10
    Feel: 9/10

C7
    Control: 9/10
    Power: 8/10
    Feel: 9/10

18. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

i wish YY and and li-ning had better rating system. at least victor has out of 5 rating system for their rackets in terms of balances and stiffness :s

19. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Yay!, I'm getting my T500 on Tuesday! :D

Been trying to find more about it but found only a few small reviews in this forum. I can't wait to try it out. I hope it lives up to its highly rated predecessors, the T200 & T300!

I am a little concerned about the medium flex shaft. Hopefully I can still generate power smashes and retain control. Currently I use the Ti10 (2nd gen) and Armor Muscle 90 Pro. I'll post my findings once I've had a few good games with it.

20. chrisfong89

chrisfong89 Regular Member

Student
    looking forward to it!