Which Asics indoors shoes recommend for badminton?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by hendrawanfan, Sep 3, 2009.

1. hendrawanfan

hendrawanfan Regular Member

Buyer
    Which Asics indoors shoes recommend for badminton? Any asics models suitable for badminton? please kindly advise~

2. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

Asics gel sensei 2 is good in that even after I play like 3 or more hours, my knees do not feel like they want to rest. Previously where I used my new balance (not indoor shoes) I experienced that. I purchased the asics gel sensei 2 because I read about how it is good for knees, search around bc forum and you might find the threads.

Or when I practice shadowing for like 1 or 2 hours, moderate to maximum speed. I play like 3-5 times a week for ~2-4 hrs.

Only thing about asics gel sensei 2 is that I would like more ventilation and that reading around somewhere I've heard gel sensei = volleyball? not badminton?

3. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    One thing about ASICS is that their shoes are quite narrow so for someone with wide foot (3E) like me, I can't wear them. I have tried the Blade 2 and also the Tactic and they are too narrow for me for my size.

Does anyone know of wide ASICS model? I have yet to try to Sensei 2, Beyond or Blast and intend to do so when I go to Singapore next weekend.

Justin

4. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Dink-a-lot recommends the ASICS Tiger Gel Domain (indoor court shoe), which is his current shoe choice as of one year and one day ago. The only drawback against his previous favorite SHB-100MX is that the ASICS weight 2 oz more, which has the potential to really add up during marathon sessions.

5. justinwyyau

Husband and Dad
    I find the Tactic and Blade 2 to be quite high, perhaps that's why their cushioning is good - but this is something that I detest as I quite like to feel 'one' with the floor. So I got to find a right balance.

Can't wait to see if I can find the Domain, Blast or Beyond or Sensei 2 in Singapore :)

Justin

6. qinglong

qinglong Regular Member

I wouldn't recommend Asics shoes for badminton. Cushioning is excellent but weight is too heavy for fast movement.

7. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I found there is a lack of cushioning in my blade 2 and could almost 'feel the ground'. The Tactic would be a better choice if you like cushioned badminton shoes.

Unfortunately these models are not available in Singapore... yet...have only seen gel control, tactic, rocket and gel forza here....
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70913

8. eravalo

eravalo Regular Member

singnflip4life said:

"Dink-a-lot recommends the ASICS Tiger Gel Domain (indoor court shoe), which is his current shoe choice as of one year and one day ago. The only drawback against his previous favorite SHB-100MX is that the ASICS weight 2 oz more, which has the potential to really add up during marathon sessions."

Come on, 2 oz is nothing. :)

Would you believe Gail Emms used to wear an all white Asics Ladies Gel Rocket for tourney use on several occasions? To think Gel Rocket is perhaps on the low end in terms or indoor shoes for Asics but it has beeen verified in the past she did wear them on several tourneys.

What does this mean? Asics in general are good for badminton even if there were primarily used for volleyball. Belive it or not.

#8 eravalo, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  9. limak

limak Regular Member

If you need more cushioned shoes (as my 90 kg needs :eek:), Asics Gel Sensei 2 are the best choice IMO, constructed for jumping. If you prefer more agility and fast transitions go to Asics Gel Blade 2.
    BTW Asics is on the top of sport shoes producers. I use Asics shoes for more than 20 years and have never been disappointed.

10. justinwyyau

Husband and Dad
    Unfortunately, they are not available in Malaysia. I have only seen Tactic and Blade 2 and both are too narrow for my Bigfoot feet :(

I am considering SHB-101 (tried on, awesome, but hate the shiny red colour) or the new Victor SHW8000 (yet to try) but would like to search high and low first for other ASICS models before I make my purchase. I guess a few more blisters here and there won't hurt :)

Justin

11. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    well, eravalo, add 2 oz weights to each shoe, and see how it affects your mobility in your third hour of hard playing.

and come on, you're going to use Gail Emms as a comparison? As far as I'm concerned, we're ALL a fair ways away from being even close to her level, so I wouldn't expect her athletic ability or performance out of anyone in these forums, except for except Rassmussen and Laybourn, but they are themselves pros.

I'm glad Gail had the athletic ability to play in tourneys, but most of us simply aren't there yet. So the fair warning, they ARE heavier, and I myself went from indoor court shoes to a pair of lightweight yonex shoes, and i was so much more mobile and I even had more stamina. But if for you, 2 oz makes no difference, I applaud your blessings. But for me, it does make a large difference, because I've never been particularly blessed athletically.

12. ahsen

ahsen Regular Member

Student
    How about Gel Beyond

Anyone has got Asics gel beyond? how does it fell like? :):):)

13. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Seems like the gel insole is the key to the shoes for comfort. Has anyone used a third party gel insole in a Yonex shoes?

14. okieoutie

okieoutie Regular Member

IT
    I've been using Gel Rocket IV for 1+ year. Pretty good shoes. Excellent ventilation. Good grip. Someone on the forum claimed it weighs 10oz. I have never felt that it was heavy after playing 3 hours straight or have knee issues or any sort of discomfort while wearing these. I play volleyball and badminton with these.

15. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    I use SuperFeet Blue in my orange SHB-71s, and that has completely solved arch and knee pain problems when playing. I might not be good enough to feel the difference between shb-200s and shb-71s when using them stock, but IMO, the $36 superfeet blue made my $40 shb-71s feel better and perform as well as the $120 shb-200s, a $44 savings IMO. YMMV.

Prices are quoted in USD w/o shipping

16. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    i got the Asics gel sensei 2 , Asics 1120V

I think the gel is very heavy .. good training shoe but in games .. i feel that i need more grip ... that the shoe can't give me .

The asics 1120V is the old model i got this for around 32USD so it's will be my back shoe .. gripy .. but not yonex ... don't feel like it's design for badminton left and right or back and front at fast speed.

last i got a few player start using

http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-Womens-...r_1_17?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1254429146&sr=8-17

they are guy but they bought the girls model due to it's alot cheaper US67.90 free shipping

this shoe are very good light .. flat bottom with alot of grip ... one of the best for badminton at that price.

17. Luffy

Luffy Regular Member

Asics gel squad

Hey guys,

I just bought asics gel squad red and white. Is it a good asics shoes for badminton? My previous shoes where the asics gel white and black.

I heard alot of asics sensei gel, blast, tactic, beyond, rockets, but not about squad. Can someone can make a review about gel squad (so I can still return it back to store if not good)?

18. starsugar

starsugar Regular Member

I jz bought asics gel forza 3lo wif red n black colour, wore it last 3 hours ago, feels great..

19. Luffy

Luffy Regular Member

Nice...

I wonder who can tell me if gel squad is good for badminton.

20. jwsw1990

jwsw1990 New Member

Student/Distributor (Floorball)
    Hey Luffy, I have been looking for Asics Gel Blast 3 for months and contacted ASICS Malaysia about it. I play FLOORBALL and not Badminton though but ASICS shoes are good for my sport.

Anyway, according to ASICS Malaysia, ASICS Gel Squad is the JAPANESE GEL range whereas GEL Blast is the US Gel range. So, they are similar. And I've heard good reviews about Gel Blast-3. So, I think GEL Squad should work perfectly on any indoor surface (preferably Taraflex or Parquet surface).