Ice Hockey

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Pecheur, Mar 30, 2004.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[video=youtube;EcKtewVdjrE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcKtewVdjrE[/video]

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Of course, we're more caught up with the Stanley Cup Conference Finals here since the Canucks are still in it. This is a rare occasion for the city who has been a model for loser franchises. However this year's version of the Canucks have had only the Stanley Cup in their sights and they're looking good after beating San Jose 3-2 in the opener. From reading comments on various hockey sites, apparently all of Canada still hates us, haha

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Haha, yes just happened to read an apparently annual discussion that coincidentally rears it head every time Canada or the US of A is elmininated on how they really don't care because the SC is all that matters anyway. Which ofcourse is true, especially from a player's point of view (I'm pretty sure anyone would give up even an olympic gold to win the SC) but the likes of Ovechkin can't wait to get on the plane every year to join Team Russia at the worlds. And Heatley and Tavares were there as well, Canada easily had the best squad there (as always really). Strange in a way with so few Canadian NHL teams left and barely any real contenders how it's still all that. On a sidenote: apparently Russia has beaten Canada in every level down the U18's this season in championships.

As for Vancouver, good to see them still in it but also still can't get used to their current uniforms even if it is back to the original :D. (which reminds me to still get a reproduction of the flying skate uniform in black red gold/yellow ;))

#23 demolidor, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Haha Oprah should buy a team and move it up north ... or back down to Atlanta again :D. Winnipeg back, Phoenix almost to Quebec I read. I guess that covers all Canadian cities :p (edit: I see there are even more without in Ontario, well not counting the gazillion minor leagues)

#26 demolidor, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  7. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

I thought the Sedin twins are gonna figure but it's all about Luongo...not enough:(.

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Daniel Sedin had 8 shots, some high end chances. The Sedins were hardly invisible. It was more all about Tim Thomas

9. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Well, yes, but no, I expected them to get it done.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

No worries, I believe they will soon enough. If Thomas didn't play the way he did, the Canucks would have walked away with Game 1

11. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Hey, no credit for Raffi, all Tim:)?

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Are you a Canuck fan? So much love for the Van boys even though you're in Apple-land? Hey, every game needs a hero so Tico (Torres) grabbed the spotlight i Game 1

13. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Let's just say I'm a Loungo fan. I'm more of a Flyers fan but how can I root for the Ducks or the Sharks, even the Kings when they aren't in there for the running. Geography man, geography (except for the FLYERS)...you know what I mean?

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Good luck with the Flyers. They should have taken out Boston :mad:.

We nearly flew down to San Jose for game 3 of the Western Conference final until we found out how much they wanted for 4 seats in a row. Add the flight, hotel, etc, etc and we decided we'd go down for a regular season game next season instead.:p

Ticket prices here in Van are insane. Better to watch on TV and save the $$ for beer and food instead, haha :D

Prediction for G2: Canucks win comfortably

15. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Oh, you are so cruel to bring up that one!

16. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

This time it is Alex who's the hero and Tim Thomas again on the receiving end?

Actually was hoping for the Bruins' monumental collapse at the hands of the Flyers but they didn't.

Fast forward...

They just got beat up by British Columbians who hails the Stanley Cup as more important than the Olympics and World Championships! Go Loungo! Build on that 2-0 lead!

17. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Boston Bruins brewing at home! Finally, it looks more like a series. ...oooh, that hurts...stretchered...

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What da ...? :eek: I thought that 8-0 would be their 15 mins. of fame for the series :D (edit: 8-1 ;))

NHL Finals in June at the same time as the NBA Finals?? Crazyness :rolleyes::p

#38 demolidor, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  19. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Yeah, ditto. I predicted that Boston would win one blow-out and steal one fluky win but that Vancouver would take the rest comfortably. Boston has showed incredible energy at home, but can they keep up that kind of pace? Vancouver still has to be the favorite in a long series.

The Bruins are very popular here on Canada's East Coast, plus we have a hometown boy playing for Beantown (Marchand).:)

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Oh, you mean that little rat :p

You should see al the fans here. It's almost like armageddon all over again. They all need to get a life. Besides, the Canucks will still win the Cup