Victor Thruster K 8000 (TK8000 / K8000)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by apachesun, Oct 14, 2012.

1. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    how do this medium flex and HH suit a smasher like ko? really puzzled and start to b convinced that pro has their racket tweaked. but seen his partner yoo flex the bs12, it look really quite flexi.

2. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

i thought BS12 and TK8000 both have the same stiffness level according to the official website? i personally still think that the TK is more flexible due to the heavy head that makes the shaft bend more while swinging.

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The Victor stats are only an indication, 5 points not being accurate enough to rate the rackets well. There's also no indication whether the stiffness is the objective stiffness of the shaft (how much it bends when you put a certain weight on the racket head) or how it behaves in actual play (then the balance would have been taken into account already).
    Also, a lot of very good players actually like not-so-stiff models, as they tend to be easier on the arm, generate more power on slower swings and for some even on smashes.
    Also, Ko is using the Bs12 right now and hasn't been partnered with Yoo since the Olympics. And a being a 'smasher' doesn't mean you have a set preference. Different hard hitters have different preferences, depending on technique or just personal opinion/feel....TBH used to use rather light headed rackets (NS9900, Ti-10 3rd gen) before his change to the Z-Force, FHF has used mid-stiff even balanced rackets since the 2nd gen Ti-10, while Lin Dan has used a stiff and insanely head heavy racket since the AT700. JJS used a huge variety of rackets, the HH, super stiff SW35 and slightly HH super stiff MX80 being in use the longest.
    Yet they all generate insane power...there is no 'one most powerful racket'. As with everything else, it depends on the player and what he does with it.

#203 j4ckie, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  4. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

lesson learned, but technically, stiffer racket generates more power right? i thought Ko just switched to bs12 since the Korea open this month right?

5. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I'd guess a flexible shaft generates more power due its greater "catapult effect":rolleyes:
    On the other hand I could imagine that wrist smashes are more powerful with stiffer rackets because wrist smashes doesn't have enough swing length(?) to gain the catapult effect from a flexible shaft.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It depends completely on the player. A stiffer shaft will require a bigger acceleration than a softer one to bend (generally referred to as 'quick swing'). A racket generates power by the shaft being bent back first and unwinding when the acceleration drops and by the strings being pushed back by the shuttle and then swinging back.
    What this means is that you'll only benefit from a stiffer shaft (power-wise) when you are able to accelerate the racket quickly so that it's actually being bent back and time it so that when it swings forward again, it hits the shuttle just when it is back to it's normal straight form (after which it'll actually bend forward, but that slows the head speed).
    A heavier head can help bend a stiff shaft because it creates a bigger counter-weight at the top (moment of inertia is bigger).

Now, the power you can produce depends solely on the racket head's momentum (which is the product of it's speed and mass). This is why for some people head heavy rackets are more powerful than head lighter ones, despite their obviously slower swing speed - the head lighter models don't have the same mass and thus their momentum can be smaller.

The strings factor in as well, but this is where I'm not quite sure what factors into the equasion anymore. The swing speed is very important, but the racket head mass could be a factor as well. Generally speaking, the faster your swing, the harder you can string your racket, as you can push back the strings further than with a slower swing. The harder the strings, the shorter the contact with the shuttle, so the correct timing and a high racket head speed get more and more important the harder you string.

Technically, the head heavier and stiffer a racket is, the more POTENTIAL it has. You can potentially create most power with a very stiff, very head heavy racket, but would need a big amount of both force (to move the big weight) and explosive speed (to create the high acceleration needed to bend the shaft). Usually, people have more of one than the other (strength or explosive acceleration) and thus prefer certain types of rackets (for me, that is slightly head heavy, medium to slightly stiff shaft). Also, the higher control of stiffer rackets appeals to some despite them having more power with other rackets (or a prominent player using one model is the reason they get it, but that means they have no real personal preference and are perhaps not even good enough to notice a difference between rackets).

Also, Ko used the Bs12 in some of the French Open matches. Not sure if he ran out of his TK-8000 prototypes and had to borrow from Lee or if he wanted to change already.

#206 j4ckie, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  7. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Well..medium flex doesnt meant that you cant produce a powerful smash.

8. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Victor TK8000 TW Coded has been arrived. First touch on hand, it is as soft as BS12, very similar feeling but can feel the head is much more heavy. Don't have much details as haven't string to play yet, will try to string tonight and have few games.
    TK8000 Detail.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------
    Jyno
    Hi Badminton Online
    http://www.facebook.com/HiBadmintonOnline

9. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

After tried out, giving some opinions about this new toy.

1. Balance point is about 305~310
    2. Flex is quite similar to BS12 feeling
    3. Head is quite heavy actually.

So experienced that racket with a few games in two days. On the first day, almost all the smash are not passed the net, it is very very hard control. If pass the net also will be quite high, doesn't really look like a smash. Double serving also another problem, always make the shuttle too far away from the front line or the shuttle too high, so quite terrible on the first day as really not used to that style.

On the second day continue to try, and this times smashing improved as already used to the racket may be, but still are not easy to control for net and drop, I guess my talent required more time for me about this racket. However, today the smash is quite powerful and fast, at least faster than my old time with JJS. Drive also improve a lot with the speed just too much mistakes, sometimes power up sometimes power low.

As a result for these two days, feeling like this is a great racket definitely, but required some times to get used to it. From the first day to second day I have feeling much better, hopefully on the next game can used it as normal. :)

------------------------------------------------------------
    Jyno
    Hi Badminton Online
    http://www.facebook.com/HiBadmintonOnline

10. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Maybe you're not used to HH rackets, right? ;)

11. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

may i know wad string u strung with and how u grip ur tk8000 ?

12. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I think is because of too flex.

13. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

2 with Ng98, 1 with bg66um, 1 with VS850. I normally used that ng98 that 1.

14. victorgabriel1

victorgabriel1 Regular Member

Tk-8000

Hey guys, so it seems like Victor is working on a new racket! For you, fans of vt 80 z slash z force and other monster smash rackets, it looks like victor is preparing a gift...anyone has info or heard of a date for this racket to come out? How do you imagine its configurations?

15. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    lol its already selling in malaysia-.-

16. victorgabriel1

:confused:
    D=
    Canada is a bit slower on news...have you tried it?

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

18. victorgabriel1

edit:thanks for the merge or w.e =D

#218 victorgabriel1, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  19. poohpooh

poohpooh Regular Member

You using 3U or 4U?

20. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    Somehow, this racket have same feel with SuperWave 35. Only much more power when do smash. Even this racket caming in 3U/ 91 gr but manuver very fast. Another Superb racket from Victor.