APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    I made a detail review and posted here on APACS Tantrum a few months back that you can refer to: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?86830-Apacs-Tantrum-200-analysis&highlight=

I also made a quick comparison review between APACS Tantrum 200 and Lethal 60 and posted here : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-vs-APACS-Lethal-60-A-Quick-Review&highlight=

2. JLLsn88

JLLsn88 Regular Member

Anyone try Apacs new racket Slayer 99 ? I thinking to get one, please give some opinion.

3. shadowfuri

shadowfuri Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the effort and review, it helped me alot and I'm sure it will help many others too!

4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Buying Apacs Edgesaber 10 and Lethal 9

I am waiting for shipment of apacs Edgesaber 10 and Lethal 9 from racquet_sport (Andrew). Anybody ever tried Lethal 9? I ordered Lethal 7 but Andrew reluctant to ship the Lethal 7 due to chip on it.

I declined Lethal 8 and he offered Lethal 9 in the end instead. It is supposed to be more expensive than Lethal 7. I heard Lethal 9 is even balanced while Lethal 7 is more head-heavy.

Any review of Lethal 9?

-Indra

5. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

No, For some reason some models like slayer and stern are not marketed or distrubted in north america. I wonder if we have the same rackets but under a different name? For example the Furious line of rackets also use woven material.

6. van de nan

van de nan Regular Member

planner
    the frame is almost like the bravesword but the bravesword is more aero then the lethal 9 as i was comparing both in a shop..try to swing an unstrung L9 and it does feel very light,feels like a 5u racket since its aero frame..i dont know how the performance on court..i would love if lethal 9 was a 3u racket..

7. van de nan

van de nan Regular Member

planner
    I am interested with the lethal light power..Arc told me that eventho its a 6u racket its a head heavy one..good for smashing but when defense arc told that you can really feel the head heaviness..wut i can imagine through Arc saying is like holding a lolipop but the sweet on top is damn heavy =) ..wonder if one of you guys tried it..

8. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

I have not, but I have a different 5U / 6U racket that is considered head heavy as well. It was good as a beginner because you pretty much had to hit with proper technique and encouraged a nice full swing. but as time went on it was disadvantages to play with. you can search around the forum for reasons why, but i would say 5U is too light at intermediate and above levels.

9. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I used lethal light 1.10 (25lbs), which is same as LL power. this has speed and power. it is more stable and durable than LL Special (25lbs) but less stable than TLE. I felt TLE is more powerful (25lb & 27lbs)and very stable even though it is a ~79-80gm racket.

10. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

5U rackets helped me to improve my skills at the beginning. then I liked 4Us and now 3U rackets are more suitable... these days I think of adding lead tape on top of it.

11. JLLsn88

JLLsn88 Regular Member

Share with you guy the detail photo for New Apacs Slayer 99 get from an online seller call sports-netbizstore

P1020019_conew3.jpg G P1020019_conew4.jpg ] P1020019_conew2.jpg

The extreme power frame really make me want to buy one and try, but the price slightly high...from the seller informaton the special design on the 4, 8 and 12 clock on the frame will increase the attacking and smashing power when play game :cool:

12. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    look like a reverse Voltric :D
    voltric special parts are at 2, 10 and 6

13. JLLsn88

JLLsn88 Regular Member

Heard that Yonex Voltric copy the concept from Apacs..Gan and Tan (Apacs sponsor players) use the demo racket on February this year

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Has anyone tried Apacs Power Concept 700 ? I presume it is a clone of AT700, what is it's specs, and how does it play ? And does it come in 3u ?

15. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

$125 is too much to buy and try. Somehow after using L11, I am skeptical about the performance of these hexagonal frames from APACS.

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Any reviews for Edgesaber 7, I am looking for this racket, apparently it is good, but I was wondering if anyone could give a quick review ? Or point me in the right direction of one.

17. strinq

strinq Regular Member

Hi guys was wondering, I just bought myself an apacs tantrum 200 with the fllowing specs: Weight: 90-92g, Balance 290 ± 3, Flex 7.5-8.

Is this the correct specs? When I checked online most of them have the weight at 89±1g, and Balance at 285±5.

Why is mine different? A little worried now lol.

18. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    It looks like you have the 2U version, which has a higher BP than the 3U version.

19. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    just worry that you might not be able to tame that beast..:D

20. strinq

strinq Regular Member

Actually I am a little worried...I didn't realise that they came in different weight classes...
    Darn.. My swing is much slower now... My previous racquet was 83±2 ...
    I'll try a game or two and if it's too heavy I think I might sell it...