New Victor Racquet - The Meteor X80 ( MX80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    i think u are talking nonsense here, i believe those players who play regularly week in and out will agree with me that N90 is the stiffest racket a professional player ever use.

2. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    There could always be manufacturing deviations ;)

3. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    let say, you believe what u want to believe but i believe for what i have been use and try...i'm not just read the review and think like people want me to think. And yes i'm not a pro but i play regularly every week :) N90 is stiff but not the stiffest i believe NS9000X still the most stiffest from that list and u can ask as many as u want to ask for my opinion :)....like i said this going Out Of Topic, let keep this thread straight to MX80 okay bro :D

4. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I don't think I play as often as you but I have owned quite a few racquets and I DON"T AGREE with you that the N90 is the stiffest racquet.

Please also refrain from saying that people are spouting nonsense unless it is really nonsense and or unsubstantiated like saying that a racquet is good because professional player use it etc etc.

I definitely believe Issarakaya since he has probably owned and played with all those racquets he mentioned before which btw, I do have most of those he mentioned as well and can attest to what he say.

5. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Yup i concur that NS9000X would be the stiffest while TC700 would be close.
    N90 be it first or second gen is actually not that stiff. But it could all be due to head weight that helps a racket to flex.

6. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Bros here , think about it , Nanospeed 9000x is still around before Lin Dan switch to Li Ning . The reason why he still stick to armotec 700 is because none of the Yonex racket is as stiff as armotec 700, and also current N90.

7. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Anyway to each his own beliefs. But really hope that there will be a review on the metor soon.
    The best is if a comparison to BS10 for swing speed.

8. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    ISben , u re right.

I believe want to compare stiffest , or weight , and even tension is right to compare victor high range VS Li ning N series racket.

I never believe Yonex are good racket cause they put their racket can't string above 26 tension.

I myself has tried on brave sword 9 , N90 , N50 and currently on superwave 35 all can sting up to 28.

To the credit of Chris, he help me string superwave 35 to 29 tension . At the back on the baseline smashes is really power.

9. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    dont make yourself looks funny bro, LD use at700 old colour which is more flex than the at700 new colour....
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    i wish this could end this useless conversation about stiffness as u can see even in the Yonex catalog at700 is flexier than carbonex 30MS or at900t or at900p etc
    YY is market leader, the reason YY put low tension for warranty if for their own reason, u can ask some member here who used to string their YY up to 32 lbs and if you think high tension is good then you should look for Apacs or Hart (below 250 US$) in Indonesia, they guarantee it but do u think those brands better than YY? YY, Victor and Lining are 3 of superior brand nowadays in badminton and if one of them fail to make a good quality equipment they already fallen deep before this years come :)
    respect others opinion and keep this case closed okay :)

Just have conversation with my friend and after my MX80 came to me i'll check the spec especially the weight hehehehe...little bit curious about this

#149 issarakaya, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  10. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Then i ask u this question , new generations of rackets is out , why Lin dan still stick to armotec 700 1st gen , when he is still with Yonex . What I heard from my coach is Lin dan feels that all other yonex rackets is not as stiff as his armotec 700.

11. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Bro do compare ur MX80 to any other rackets that you have.
    Currently I'm using N90II and TC700 which are both great but looking for a fast swinging racket similar to BS10 but slighty stiffer or more head heavy

12. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    like i said you believe what people said but i dont :) at700 is one of legendary racket that YY ever made beside carb 20 and ti-10 nobody can argue about this but that not make at700 superior in stiffness and everything :) Do you know Lin Dan using SOTX Woven 16 in his practice at his badminton club? ask your coach about this since SOTX is sponsored Lin Dan badminton club

13. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    i will....so far only NS9000/9900 swing can compared to BS10 and dont forget BS11 hehehe...me also looking for some criteria like you and i do feel this mx80 could be better in power and hopefully can swing equally or faster than BS10

14. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    I was at queensway shopping ctr the other time, give a few swing at N90 II . I feel that the feeling not as good as my current N90 1st generation and also superwave 35. N90 II the stiffest and feeling of the racket just not there for me.

I hope I can see more review of Mx 80 to prove me wrong that , indeed its a good racket.

15. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I heard that the MX80 combines the strength of BS and SW and from the technology it use, it seems to indicate that. But in reality, sometimes certain combination doesn't yield the desired effect and make end up making it worse so let's see.

Do update us on your finding, thanks bro !

16. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    You trust your coach alot eh ? His name is 2 word right ? And surname starts with "B" ?

You should ask your coach what kind of racquet you should use and the tension suitable for you and then you should listen to him.

17. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    He says use whatever tension suitable for u , he says Lin dan best weapon is N90 1st generation at tension 30.

18. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Wow ! You are advance player like Lin Dan as your tension is 29lbs !

No wonder when I see you play, your shot is so power !

19. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    U don't need to praise me , I am just an intermediate player.

Still learning from better players like my coach , Lin dan , and other china players!

20. volcom

volcom Regular Member