Racquet Comparison: AT900T, MX80, Z-Slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by nutbad5981, Oct 3, 2012.

1. nutbad5981

nutbad5981 Regular Member

elementary grade tutor
    Anyone who wielded / currently using these racquets? As my AT900T (3Ug4) is saying goodbye to me:mad:, I need to buy a new one.

Please compare the given racquets using these bases:

Stiffness
    Power
    Defense
    Maneuverability
    Balance
    Grip length

Which one requires higher muscular strength (because sometimes my deltoid muscle hurts after powerful smashes)?

If I will choose between mx80 and Z-slash, which one is closer to AT900T? In terms of hold/repulsion, swing speed, head heaviness?

I had also used AT800DEF, which is a 4ug5 which I like the way it handles my shots. But compared to AT900T, for me, 800Def is better but 800Def is now rare. I like 3U over 4U.

I am in love with At900T, but I think it is hard to find brand new ones nowadays (correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks a lot.

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I tried the armortec 900t once and thought it was the nicest racket I had felt for a long time. After that I tried a 3G voltric 80 and realized it is truly head and shoulders above the at900t. This is my opinion and given your other choices I may like heavier rackets then you do.

3. nutbad5981

elementary grade tutor
    @decoy, I mainly play doubles. Is VT80 3U a fast racquet? Specially in defense, drive and net play? Or it is a little bit slower than AT00t?

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

About the same really. I play front doubles fine with it.

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i personally find the at900 a tiny bit stiffer than the z slash, and the z slash is a bit heavier swing weight wise. i get a whole lot more power from the z slash because my swing is whippy. defense would be at900 for sure because it's a bit lighter. the at900 gets my vote for maneuverability as well. balance i think the z slash is more balance and i have no idea about the grip length.

i am purchasing the mx80 this sunday when i got to HK so i have no data for that racket yet.

6. nutbad5981

elementary grade tutor
    @ gundamzaku, thanks for your input. I will wait for your comparison with the mx80 so I can decide.

Good luck with your mx80 purchase!

For clarification, grip length affects my game play because I always shift my grip for faster reaction at the front and power smashes at the back. But if there's a little difference in the grip length, then no problem at all.

Anyone who used AT900T then to Voltric 80 (aside from decoy) and VTZF? Constructive comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

7. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I used own a zforce 4u and to me it's really the same as the 3u voltric 80. When I'm on and hitting the sweet spot it's very good but I find I'm inconsistent with it so I honestly prefer the voltric 80. You may find the z force better though it just depends how consistent your swing is.

8. nutbad5981

elementary grade tutor
    My racquet already said goodbye... a crack... Those who owned MX80 and VT80, which one do you prefer?

9. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Have you tried an ArcSaber-8DX? Might be worth considering over a Z-slash if you wanted something closer to your AT900T?

10. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

both MX80 and Z-Slash have short handles and long shaft, which is opp to 900T (long handle/short shaft).
    if you get a chance, do try out MX-JJS.......

11. meteor

meteor Regular Member

If you love AT900T then maybe stick with it... :) Both mx80 and ZS are very different to 900T.
    Mx80 is very stiff and I find it fast in defence and powerfull for smashing and the most accurate racket I ever used - but I wouldn't recommend it to someone with arm problems. You need great power and consistency in order to make the best of it. I gave up MX80 because of arm and shoulder pain.
    ZS is the only yonex racket I know of with a decent swing speed (plus NS9900 which I only used for a short time). It is good defending and power is also great but you'll need to adapt your timming.