Parupalli Kashyap కశ్యప్

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by geebees90, Jun 25, 2010.

1. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    LOL! Too bad I couldn't stay awake to watch the match live...

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Olympic badminton: Kashyap beats World No.11 to enter pre-quarters

http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2012/...rs-pre-quarters-badminton-london-olympics.htm
    July 31, 2012

Excerpts:

India's Olympic medal chances in badminton got a boost as Parupalli Kashyap entered the men's singles pre-quarterfinals in style, outplaying tenth seeded Vietnamese Tien Minh Nguyen in straight games here Tuesday.

The Indian displayed sublime skills to defeat his higher ranked opponent 21-9, 21-14 in 39 minutes at the Wembley Arena and topped Group D.

With the win, Kashyap equalled his head-to-head record against Nguyen to 3-3. Prior to the match, he had not beaten the Vietnamese since June 2010.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I've become more mature as a shuttler, says Parupalli Kashyap

London, Wed Aug 08 2012
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/i...-as-a-shuttler-says-parupalli-kashyap/985441/

Excerpts:

..."I have learnt a lot of things from the Olympics. I have become mature as a player now. Before the Olympics, I did not have big expectations. I was an underdog but after the first round, I felt I can win a medal here. I can beat anyone on my day," he said after returning to Hyderabad from London.

"I felt really bad that I lost a chance to win a medal (for India). I was disappointed but at the end of the day it was great learning experience," he said.

Putting the past behind, Kashyap is now determined to put up a good show in the upcoming Super Series events and other tournaments.

"I am in good form for the last two months. I am setting short-term goals. I want to continue this form in Japan and China (Super Series events) in a month's time. I am very aware of it," the 25-year-old Hyderabadi said.

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    The latest BWF rankings have Kashyap now ranked at 19, his highest ever, and the first time he has broken into the top 20. His impressive and consistent performance at the OG augurs well for him, and if he can move up the rankings further, he should be able to make it more consistently into the semis of major tournaments.

But he still needs to work on some of his techniques, specially drops and net play. His drops from the baseline are too slow and often a bit loose; some of the top players would put them away in a flash. Ditto his net play at time.

Overall though, his court coverage, mid-court game and reading of the play have improved a lot. His smashes have more venom and are well-directed, and his improved stamina allows him to be more patient and wait for the correct opening during a rally.

It is good to see Kashyap finally approaching the point where he is beginning to fulfill his potential. :)

5. pujuma

pujuma Regular Member

6. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
  7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I often feel that Kasyap has not reached his full potential. He is capable of more ......

Problem with him is that he can be very focused against top players (notice his victory over Chen Long in Indonesia, and making LCW struggle at the Olympics q-finals) but is not quite as good playing people like Taufik Hidayat, for example.

And this is despite the fact that his fitness has improved and his speed is probably among the fastest players in the current group.

8. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Kashyap wins maiden national title, Sayali regains crown

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/badminton/Kashyap-wins-maiden-national-title-Sayali-regains-crown/articleshow/16658406.cms

9. abans

abans Regular Member

IT
    He has moved into the next round of China Open. had a great game against lower ranked Henri.
    [TABLE="class: ruler matches"]
    [TR="bgcolor: #FDFDFD"]
    [TD="align: right"][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="align: right"]Kashyap Parupalli[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]-[/TD]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD]Henri Hurskainen[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD]21-15 21-15[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    He plays Tien Minh next round I think...

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  11. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Congratulation on your Indian GP win.

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    From injury to titles, 2012 has been Kashyap’s year

Abhijeet Kulkarni
    December 24, 2012
    http://www.firstpost.com/blogs/from...tml?utm_source=voices&utm_medium=cat_politics

Excerpts:

...On Sunday, the 26-year-old became the first Indian men’s singles player to win a Grand Prix Gold title when he lifted the Syed Modi trophy after a marathon 72 minute encounter against Thailand’s Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk.

The signification of the triumph can be gauged from the fact that this is India’s first major men’s singles title since chief national coach Pullela Gopichand brought home the All England crown in 2001. Though the Syed Modi GP gold triumph may not be in the same league in terms of stature, for Kashyap, it was an apt end to the year which began with an injury and ended in his first ever title on the international circuit.

...In fact, Kashyap has been used to questions being raised over his ability to become a top badminton player since childhood given that the scrawny kid, who began playing badminton at the age of 11, was perennially sick and struggled to go through an entire week of competition without breaking down.

His condition was diagnosed to be asthmatic and even today, the 26-year-old has to guard against an asthma attack during tournaments. But Kashyap has overcome that hurdle with proper medication (he has to get a special exemption for it from WADA) and a disciplined lifestyle. Today, team physio Kiran Challagunda’s assessment that the 25-year-old in one of the fittest players on the international circuit speaks volumes of his work ethics and commitment.

...At 26, Kashyap has just started to mature as a player and every Indian badminton fan would hope that he goes on to build on the 2012 success and win many more titles in the future.

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    He is a fighter. Despite struggling from some sort of pains(abdomen as well as back), he has proved to create another history in the men's badminton history by winning a GPG title (apart from quarterfinal entry in Olympics):). Though he feels happy about this, according to me, he needs to train hard even further. I have watched his matches in the recent tournament. He gifted so many points by doing many unforced errors which he needs to concentrate on:(.

Hard working paves the way. Go Kashyap. Do hard work on improving your skills further in order to move into top 10 ranking:).
    I hope sindhu will break into top 20 (May be 16 or 17) in the BWF ranking list after reaching her maiden final of a GPG tournament :).

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Kashyap has moved to his Career best ranking of 14 in recently released BWF Ranking list(today). All the very best Kashyap. Do well in the upcoming korean open and prove your talent there. All the very best..:)

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Want to be in top 10 in 2013: Parupalli Kashyap[/h]
    " http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/12/26/want-to-be-in-top-10-in-2013-parupalli-kashyap/ "

EXCERPTS:

It has been a great year for you. You were the first male Indian player to reach the London Olympics quarterfinalist and now the Syed Modi title. How do you rate your season? It has been my best season as I have never played so consistently. I made a couple of semi-finals and quarterfinals of the Super Series events, beat three-four top 10 players, so it has been good. Next I want myself to be in the top 10 so lets see how quickly I get there. I am also able to beat top 20 players regularly.

How have you matured as a player this season? I have learnt how to manage my injuries. Champions like Taufik Hidayat, whatever their condition is, will make finals and win tournaments. That’s something which I want to do on a consistent basis. Cause injuries won’t go, the key is to manage them.

How is bad the abdominal injury that you picked up in Hong Kong in November? I just tried to play smartly in a relaxed manner. I did not try hitting unnecessary shots. But the abdominal injury is bothering me more, especially during the final. I have also sprained my back during the quarterfinal.

We know kashyap is a great fighter. Lets hope to see him injury free in the coming year. All the very best Kashyap. I wish you a prosperous new year ahead..:)

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Happy coach, happier coachee! :D

p-kashyap-ind-gpg-2012.jpg

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

[h=1]Hopefully sponsors will knock my door, says Parupalli Kashyap[/h]

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/01/02/hopefully-sponsors-will-knock-my-door-says-parupalli-kashyap/

EXCERPTS:

Breaking into the top-15 of the world rankings is a significant leap for any shuttler. And for India�s Parupalli Kashyap, it isn�t any different. The Hyderabad lad is experiencing an on-top-of-the-world feeling after scaling a career-high world ranking of 14, following his maiden singles triumph in the recently-concluded Syed Modi International badminton tournament in Lucknow.
    Cracking the top-15 is a realistic target Kashyap had set his sights on at the beginning of 2012. �I started the year with a ranking of 27 and was confident of moving up in the ranking ladder. Honestly speaking, I had set myself a target of reaching the top-15 by the end of 2012, so it�s hugely satisfying to achieve what I�m have been aiming for the year 2012,� Kashyap told Sportskeeda in an exclusive interview.

Kashyap�s arrival in the top-15 was largely possible due to his first singles crown in the Syed Modi International tournament. By his own admission, the biggest singles win did not get quite hog the newpaper headlines as the day happened to be the one-day international retirement of great Sachin Tendulkar. �Sachin is the God of Indian cricket. He deserves all the media attention. I don�t harbor any hard feelings but just thought many people probably might have forgotten the fact that the country�s top men�s singles player won his maiden international singles title,� Kashyap tossed a googly.

[​IMG]
    Breaking into the top-15 of the world rankings is a significant leap for any shuttler. And for India�s Parupalli Kashyap, it isn�t any different. The Hyderabad lad is experiencing an on-top-of-the-world feeling after scaling a career-high world ranking of 14, following his maiden singles triumph in the recently-concluded Syed Modi International badminton tournament in Lucknow. Cracking the top-15 is a realistic target Kashyap had set his sights on at the beginning of 2012. �I started the year with a ranking of 27 and was confident of moving up in the ranking ladder. Honestly speaking, I had set myself a target of reaching the top-15 by the end of 2012, so it�s hugely satisfying to achieve what I�m have been aiming for the year 2012,� Kashyap told Sportskeeda in an exclusive interview. Kashyap�s arrival in the top-15 was largely possible due to his first singles crown in the Syed Modi International tournament. By his own admission, the biggest singles win did not get quite hog the newpaper headlines as the day happened to be the one-day international retirement of great Sachin Tendulkar. �Sachin is the God of Indian cricket. He deserves all the media attention. I don�t harbor any hard feelings but just thought many people probably might have forgotten the fact that the country�s top men�s singles player won his maiden international singles title,� Kashyap tossed a googly.

Indian Badminton has been taken to a new level by the exploits of Saina Nehwal but the Indian men haven�t been far behind performance-wise � as many as five Indians (Ajay Jayaram, Sourabh Varma, RMV Gurusaidutt and B Sai Praneeth besides Kashyap) are in the top-50. �Sania has had a phenomenal 2012 and I�m very happy for her � she deserves all the sponsorship deals for all the sweat and toil she is putting in. At the same time, sponsors must come forward to support the men�s shuttlers as well. I still don�t have a sponsor despite being the number one men�s singles player in the country over a long while now. I really hope cracking the top-15 would encourage the sponsors to knock my door,� he puts things in perspective.

The 25-year-old is pragmatic enough to realize that shuttlers got to make the most since a shuttler�s career is not very long. �We don�t make money like our cricketers. A shuttler�s career is short and we have to make the moolah during our playing days,� the Indian Oil Corporation A-Grade Officer said. Kashyap became the first Indian men�s singles player to reach the Olympic quarterfinals last July-August. But he is a tad disappointed that his exploits at London failed to bring any cash awards. �The Central government had announced that a cash award of Rs 10 lakh would be given to all those athletes, who have entered the quarterfinals of their respective events, but till now I haven�t received any such award. Even the Andhra Pradesh Government hasn�t given me any cash award after my quarterfinal finish at the London Olympics,� he sang a sour tone. There is a general feeling in Badminton circles that Kashyap has the ammunition to upset the best in the business, but has this knack of losing matches from winning positions. �I agree that I was losing matches from winning positions. It�s not that I become complacent after gaining a big lead. I think I�ve improved on this aspect. I�ve substantially tightened my game,� he observed.

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Kashyap reaches career-best ranking of 11[/h]
    http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/01/10/kashyap-reaches-career-best-ranking-of-11/

EXCERPTS:

London Olympics quarterfinalist Parupalli Kashyap achieved a new high as he was ranked World No.11 in the latest Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released Thursday.
    Kashyap, who was ranked a career-best 14th after winning the Syed Modi International India Grand Prix Gold in Lucknow in December, jumped another three places in the men’s singles rankings.

“My aim was to be in the top-10 by 2013 and I am glad that I have got close to that right at the beginning of the year,” Kashyap told IANS from Seoul where he lost his second round match in Korea Open Thursday.

Mumbai shuttler Ajay Jayaram also gained a place to be ranked 30th.
    In the women’s singles rankings, P.V. Sindhu gained two places to be ranked a career-best 17th. Sindhu, who also lost in the second round in Korea, had reached the final of the Syed Modi tournament.

India’s ace Saina Nehwal retained her third place in the world rankings. The Hyderabadi reached the quarterfinals in Korea Thursday.

All the very best Kashyap. I wish to see you in top 5 soon.:)

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Congrats Kashyap.. No.10 in the world Ranking today... Wonderful.. You made it.. Keep fit and stay consistent throughout this year..:)

20. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Agreed, the key word is consistent ... this is the main problem I see with all the Indian players including Saina. The undisputed benchmark for consistency is LCW. Wonder how he does it ... incredible.