Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

sorry, I don't see them change the shuttle. Need to look more closely

2. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Thought the AS 30 are more durable , they are my choice of shuttle anyway.. 2 shuttles in a game is about right especially in a tournament situation , if I have to , I would change it 5 times within one game .

A smash is not as effective in a single game , especially if a player does not have the correct technique /power and placement . a drop is more effective in gaining advantage within a point , and setting up the attacking play. But then again most players I know will only 3/4 smash in single otherwise they wont recover for a block net return.

3. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Just watched your second game at the tourney , I think you kind of gave up when you switched your racket. My advice is never change a racket in the middle of the game if there is nothing wrong with it !

Too many lifts and unforced errors ... , but I think you wanted to get off the court anyway by that point. Your opponent has good/ok technique and look like he been playing for a few years , and it shown in the second game ..

chin up ! keep going, play more practice matches (play badminton 3-4 times a week) and you will soon win your first game in an UK tournament

4. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    lol... you almost summed everything up.
    The player was good, very experienced. Will try harder once my final year at uni is complete.
    FOr now, ill just play when i can.
    cheers

5. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

havent seen all the videos but got some pretty awesome young talents here!wish i could show off the same thing when i was your guys' age.

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

LOL, obviously not talking about me !!!

7. CrimsonRain

CrimsonRain Regular Member

Pharmacy Student
    Not sure if this exactly belongs here...

This is a youtube video of me "playing" in my high school. I'm the one in the white shirt. I personally laughed really hard watching this game...and remembered how much fun I was having playing it. :]

I played an almost too friendly game with fellow JV teammates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVSDS2019_8

Hopefully you guys don't find this an eyesore but rather a break from people taking badminton TOO seriously :]

#667 CrimsonRain, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  8. keith.roche

keith.roche Regular Member

Qatar Badminton Grand Prix 2010 - Mens Doubles Finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orqoKvm-i5o

3 Malaysian Junior players and one Romanian guy...

Eric Choo and Eugene Ong vs Alex Rosca and Elvin Choo...

Eric and Eugene are 18 years old, while Elvin, is 16. And he's Eric's sibling.
    Alex is a bit on the older side. Has 2 kids.

Enjoy.

9. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

So which one are you?

10. keith.roche

keith.roche Regular Member

i'm the videographer... LOL !
    those are my mates... in U19 squad.

11. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    well heres a video from me recently, i just havnt had a camera to recorde myself but one of my friends recorded my singles game during a fun tournament here where i am so this is why i have on board shorts in the video. other than that its not a high high high level tournament just something with some provincial players a few national players but involves the bulk of people that play badminton in tournaments here. some things im not happy with is some of my mistakes and a few line calls, footowork i could have stayed lower had a wider base and racquet position when in ready position should be higher. happy with backhands though. anyways just a little something, check it out let me know what you think good or bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBF4oYur-A8

12. charliebadders

charliebadders Regular Member

student
    i'll try and post a video of me playing because my P.E teacher took a video of me and my mates playing so he could assess me for my A level :p try and get it for monday :p

13. charliebadders

student
  14. herk123

herk123 Regular Member

Smashmaster why do you seem taller in the most recent video :p and are you purposefully not playing well because it just seems a bit awkward especially the serves comparing to your match in china

15. charliebadders

student
    yeah you look like a completely different player china, in china you mainly used a varation of drop, tumble and jump smash. however, in your other video you seem to not move as quick and with no real power, you just waited for him to hit it out. was it because you were playing a weaker player?

16. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    there was no real need to smash win every point in this match, i mean it was a "fun" tournament. as for the serving if its an easier match ill just use a long serve i usually only serve short when its crunch time and have to play hard/playing a tough player. as for shots i still did use quite a few drops in the 2nd one as well as net shots the only thing is doesnt matter when i tumbled them at the net this guy was able to get them back and drops you can see there were drop winners but that they set up the rallies, as well as just trying to push the shuttle behind the guy and trying out new stuff.

in china the person i played wasnt able to change the direction of the bird just like that but this other player has an exceptionally strong wrist and can use it to change the direction of the bird at the very last second so had to wait till he actually hit it to move as opposed to china could anticipate a bit. overall its not like it was finals of a tournament and required 100% just a match i played in and figured i share for the fun of it. everyone can change their playing style when playing different players thats a given and something that you need to be able to do.

as for the height i dont think i grew maybe an inch at most but its probally just the angle that the video was taken at. overall im happy with both of the videos and everything. dont need to smash everything to win haha.

17. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

18. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

dorysan, you are quite awesome. Maybe this means a good Thomas Cup team from Isreal in a couple years.:)

19. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

thanks,
    its bit hard to get israeli team to the Thomas cup, our association got no money, and if the players have to pay, nobody interested...
    but who knows...maybe in few years....

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..playing with white background and a colored shuttle, eh??...very creative!:cool:
    ..thanks for sharing those videos. Yeah, the shuttle seems to fly off the racket. But, i'm surprised to know your association has no money, or not much money (considering it's Israel)?!..:confused: