Tangkas Specs Junior Challenge Open Badminton Championships 2012

Discussion in '2012 Tournaments' started by rosid, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    The game between Kevin-Rafi vs. Hafiz-Putra was full of errors... Kevin even hit a very 'out' shuttle at 20-21, resulting in them losing the 1st game. The 2nd game was worse, not good to watch... Hafiz-Putra hit 2 shuttles in the net in a 2 minute span while Rafi made numerous unforced errors all throughout game 2.

Setyana was suffering from a knee injury before and during the match, Hanna should have just moved her around, but somehow did not execute well. Hanna cried after the match disgusted with her own play, Setyana cried in pain during the last few points and fell after the match ended. Her coaches and the medic team surrounded her... Setyana could not even reach the top podium without Hanna helping her... :) Good sportsmanship...

The Melati-Rosyita win was pure execution. The Japanese pair (apparently part of some university team) seem to be happy just being in the final. They could not return 90% of Rosyita's smash. Rosyita is turning up to be 'Finarsih Junior', in honor of her first coach. Experts observed that her offensive smashes mirror Finarsih's..... even the way she served mirror Finarsih... :D

The 2 GD finalists were apparently friendly to each other. Melati was seen signaling to the Japanese girls that she wants to exchange shirts with them during the medal ceremony. 10 minutes after the ceremony, they did so. The remaining Japanese team and the Djarum girls took photos together. :D The scene is a fresh reminder for me of how sports can forge bond and friendship between 2 camps that don't even share a common language. All actions were the results of hand signals and gestures. :D :D 1atangkas.jpg

That's the Japanese girl, Endo-san (I think), squating to the left of Melati (in the front)

#41 Krisna, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  2. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    good info.. thanks...:D
    I can't imagine how Rosyita "Inem" play, if mirror Finarsih, because I never watch Finarsih play. I guess she is the owner of store of sport in Jln. Kaliurang, is she?

3. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    yes, you can guess it from the name of the store lah.. hehe

4. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    :D
    I've once there few years ago, before I knew that's Finarsih's store. hahahaha...

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ok, here are some of Finarsih's youtube clips from Uber Cup 1994... :D

[video=youtube;agsUWsRGN1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsUWsRGN1k[/video]

[video=youtube;oXLrcoDs8Lw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXLrcoDs8Lw&feature=relmfu[/video]