*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adidascanada

adidascanada Regular Member

LOL...I suppose it was worth a try! ;)
    I knew it wasn't coming when they issued me a refund the next day.
    Now they are priced at $10,000.00...I'm still mildly tempted to order...:eek: LOL

2. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    cant wait to get my hand on it

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    hm.... hard to say. i will have to try them out on court again A/B compare to see.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    today i had a chance to talk to the top guy in charge of Adidas Badminton in the USA and Canada. we chatted for 2 hours (yes, 2 hours again, if the launch date in your country got delayed, you know who to blame.. ;) ) about the plan for how Adidas will be approaching the market in US and Canada.

i will reveal some of the things we discussed soon when i have them compiled (and also need to finish the stuff for the previous chat as well). so watch this space. :)

5. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Can't wait to learn about their plans for Canada. I'm supposed to talk to him again tomorrow, I'll have more time this time :)

6. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

I would like to talk to him and help adidas be a big player in America. On their racketsportsusa website it says their HQ is in Brooklyn?

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I just received the package from Adidas HQ. The clothing lines (at least some of them) is handled by the Germany HQ so they came in a different package than the rackets, etc.

Here is the unboxing. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;N21PxuzaNsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N21PxuzaNsE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. it says UK 8.5, and Eur 42 3/4 or something like that.

and you are right though, that the fit is narrow. kinda snug for me but the length is correct. i will try them out for a little and hopefully they will widen up after breaking in.

however, i was told that they have gotten some feedback (from facebook IIRC) and are considering making wide version of their shoes. good to have a brand that actually listen to their end users.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    well, good news and bad news.

the shirts that came in size M fits me very well. they are long and slim which is exactly what i need. the material is top quality and also very thin and i think it will breathe really well.

the shoes that came in size UK 8.5 also fits me well. a bit of a narrow fit but it should widen up a bit over time. the look is very different from the current trend in badminton shoes. but that's good coz it is kinda sad that everyone else seems to be copying the Yonex look. the material is as expected top notch. the sole pattern is interesting. and there is a little breathing hole (the red part) that extend into the shoes itself and are linked into breathing hole in the insole. the inside edge of the shoes have extra padding to protect it from getting worn during many lunges that i will be doing with it.

the shorts that came in size M though, is rather big. the waist is at least 33 inches and while i fit in it with the drawstring tighten, it looks a bit like i am wearing a skirt. a bit strange that the size M shirt doesn't seem to match size M shorts. but these are still prototype/samples. so i don't expect them to be perfect at the moment.

here are some official pics of the items:

644171_560627297299016_928905430_n.jpg

550025_555615497800196_391857157_n.jpg

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the adizero pro reminds me of the 4U MX JJS. i demoed the 4U MX JJS before xmas and it was one the best racket that i have tried. fast, powerful, and not too stiff.

11. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

The T-shirt doesn't look too bad... Thats maybe because Adidas are new to the badminton scene, looks like a good start for now :)

12. jamaljenkins

jamaljenkins Regular Member

Student.
    Please tell us how the shoes play during actual game on your next session Kwun! Their rubber sole isn't hexagonal patterned like other brands' shoes and looks amazing so I'm actually excited for their apparels now ^__^

13. rattos

rattos Regular Member

The tshirts have the french colours, maybe this is their next national outfit... ive got to give it to them it looks stunning!

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Good to hear they might tweak it or add choice of width or another model [​IMG]. Size 42 was my high school size (for sneakers anyway, not performance shoe) and when sales came around, guess what size wasn't available anymore [​IMG] .
    But have you put them on the scale yet? The original BT Feather weighed 326 gram at size 42 (as per the vid in the link below) ... can you remove the Adistar part from the thread title [​IMG]

This shoe has been available for 2 years already, well practically the same shoe: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...Adistar-badminton-shoes?p=1802102#post1802102

#494 demolidor, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Looks like only the coaches are wearing the Masita tracksuits, but the players all are wearing Masita shirts now (with Adidas shorts and old tracksuits). Also Adidas has disappeared (since beginning this year I think) from the "partner" banner on their website. Surprising if they would let the team at least slip away. I think France has the highest number of competitive players in Europe now and still growing whilst Denmark is on a decline (and other countries). Russia should be a growth market now as well ...

535872_10151306235519646_748264537_n.jpg

#495 demolidor, Feb 14, 2013
  16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no. i got the delivery this morning, i hurried to open it and made that video and have to run off to work. let me try to weigh it tonight.

it does look like a variation of the similar sole. but the top looks different without some of the side supports. can't exactly say they are the same the same way we cannot say generations of Yonex shoes are the same as they are just small variations of the old ones.

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes, I commented here on it http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-Adidas-badminton-shoes?p=2040013#post2040013

Looks like the bottom sole of the original BT Feather (now Feather Elite; in Japan BD Feather, now BD Falcon), combined with the midsole of the Adizero Prime (BD Feather 2 in Japan) and a new upper. But as far as the bottom profile goes, it is exactly the same [​IMG] (as used by Ikeda/Shiota for the last two+ years).
    Midsole and upper might (should) have shaved some weight of it [​IMG] ...

#497 demolidor, Feb 14, 2013
  18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

New update on their fb:

427231_571949402833472_2014922202_n.jpg

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    here is what i can make of them so far:

Best: top of the line, best technology incorporated, best material used.
    Better: less technology, less fancy material, usually less stiff.
    Good: expect to see some aluminum frames here.

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

... sh3os ... w8 ... weight :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.