Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jul 26, 2009.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Take good care of the Maxima there... its a hard string to break considered its thinness.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Really? I thought the lifespan of this string will just last about 2-3 session for me.. anyway, will take good care of this string.. hehehe:D

3. t1nosupr1mo

t1nosupr1mo Regular Member

student
    is it just me but the paint quality on arc z is horrible ?

4. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    It depends. Personally i own JP Arc Z, UK Arc Z and SP Arc Z. Sad to say, SP Arc Z the paint finishing is a bit unsatisfactory, compare to JP and UK ones. UK ones are actually having the same smooth and nice shiny overall finishing like the JP ones. If i put the 3 rackets side by side and let you see, feel, touch them, you will know what i mean. (So, as much as Yonex trying to tell us that all code have same quality finishing, sadly, some items are not.)
    PS: I have gone to double check my eyes and have a psychologist to prove i am not insane to made the above statement. :p

#1744 tckang, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  5. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    personally paint job is not a big issue but sadly they only issue certain specs of certain country code. for example its impossible to find 2u of AS and NS in msia.

6. Sybarite

Sybarite New Member

7. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    That appears to be post-contact. I wonder what the racket looks like in the middle of a forehand swing >.<

8. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Going that far:confused:? Psychologist:confused:? I love your sense of humor:cool:! Hey hey, is it really sense of humor or you did went, wahahaha:D:D:D?

RvS

9. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    :D :D :D
    But on second thought, if i do buy some more Arc Zs maybe it is time to go see a psychologist. :D

#1749 tckang, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  10. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I don't think there's actually a cure for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (to own more than enough copies of the same thing, in your case Arc Zs that is)

:D

11. SamsonSun

SamsonSun Regular Member

Student
    I am an ArcSaber Fan... But Z this the last ArcSaber racket I want to have...
    I don't like the banana color...And a little stiff for me...
    If I choose a stiff racket, I prefer 10...
    But Z is very hot in China... Z is everywhere...

12. dk9664

dk9664 Regular Member

Pharmacist
    How about the comparisons between Armortec 700 vs ArcSaber 10 , and Armortec 900 vs ArcSaber Z Slash ? I am in the process to buy 1 of the 4 , and I am an attacking player , would anyone kindly advice as I am a new comer in here , thanks !!

13. RSLvictorSOTX

Does a reason such as: Oh, I need backup rackets in case my strings break and sometimes breaking 2 to 3 string beds are normal on a big hitting day:)?

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Any other rackets you want a comparison with ? Why did you use before ?
    You should consider a Victor SuperWaves 35

15. dk9664

dk9664 Regular Member

Pharmacist
    I just cracked my Armortec 500 and hoping to upgrade to either Armortec 700/900 or ArcSaber 10/Z Slash . I used to have an Armortec 700 but only last for 3 months , so I still haven't make up my mind to get Armortec 700 or not , please advice . Victor SuperWaves 35 ? How does it compare in performance and price wise with my choices ? Thanks

16. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I just acquired the 3u ArcZ (4 days back) and had a few hits with my friend's SW35 (also 3U) last evening. The SW35 is very stiff and generates a massive amount of power. I was not familiar enough to do any big smashes but feel the potential is definitely there. It's an easy racket to tune into and I did not miss the sweetspot (at least I think not) at all. The 3u is bloody heavy and add to the head heaviness feels like a sledge hammer. It swing quite fast though so I'm kinda confused about how a racket that head heavy (+heavy) can swing so nicely.

Comparatively, the ArcZ (1st trial 2hrs) took me a few shots to tune into. It could be because this is the first game after a 2-week break so all my timing are off anyway. If there is any word to describe the Z, it moves much faster than one will expect of the balance/weight. The Z is not the lightest 3u racket, nor is it head light but it moves fast. The weight gives it decent power (I think the SW35 and my TC700 wins hands down in this area).

For the ArcZ, I did not have any problem with the sweetspot. I get a pretty decent smash from the racket and occasional big ones that surprises me -- almost TC700 strong. It's pretty swift racket so drop shots are easy. Need more getting used to for net plays.

Getting to smashes are easy due to the speed but controlling them is a different story. I agree with twobeer that the racket does disappoint in trying to control smashes and counter attacking. Directional changes, which is important to my game, is somewhat difficult to control. A lot of returns with too little or way too much angle. This could be that I'm not used to the racket or the shaft flexes weirdly.

My other complain is that the ArcZ screws up my TC700 timing quite a bit. I returned to the TC700 in the last 1.5hrs of the session. The same problem with defensive change of direction disappeared.

Overall, I appreciate the ArcZ that it provides a lot of speed without sacrificing too much power. It's certainly quite a good racket so I'm keeping it for a while more to test it out. I think the shaft could be shorter with a longer grip and made stiffer. If the shaft goes any softer though as many posters here have mentioned, watch the marketplace for an ArcZ.

17. dk9664

dk9664 Regular Member

Pharmacist
    thanks weeyeh for your analysis on the ArcZ , I still need other members to comment on AT700 vs ArcZ/Arc 10

18. RSLvictorSOTX

weeyeh,

Please rate it 1, 2, 3, for w/ regards to TC700, SiW35 & Z:), thanks a lot.

RvS

P.S. Include Spira 21 if you get to play with it as well;).

19. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I cannot rate the SW35 since I've only had a few strokes with it. I only used the Z for 2hrs so its ranking may change.
    My ranking of all my recent rackets goes like:

1. TC700
    2. Cab30MS
    3. ZELM PP10k
    4. ZELM PP9990
    5. Arc Z
    6. APACS Tantrum 200
    7. My cheapo S$20 racket
    8. ZELM Trixon 8
    9. Arc 10

I took a long time to like the PP9990 but am instantly in love with the top 3. The trixon 8 actually dropped in ranking as the shaft softens up. I took up to 6 months to decide that the Arc10 is not for me.

20. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Stop stroking it and start blowing it.