Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Breaking news:
    Taufik lost to Wong Choong Hann...he tried his best, but yes, he lost to Wong Choong Hann in last week's M'sia Open GP Gold in straight games..
    Taufik will try his luck again in the upcoming N. America GP series the next couple of weeks (Canada Open and then U.S. Open)..

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

No..... he did not try his best, its just a GP for him. He performed so differently compare to the 2010 IO final.

3. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Yup...... he was laughing happily at bad line call.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

#424 ctjcad, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  5. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Happy for you that you can see you fellow countrymen. Hopefully this time he can put up a good show.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..is that the joke of the day?..Taufik didn't even come to the U.S. Open this yr..:eek:
    *if you want to find out why, head on over to the 2010 U.S. Open sub-forum..

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Let's hope he will come to USA open next year, chris;)..

BTW, Happy birthday to taufik hidayat!
    WISH him all the best in the upcoming WC:)

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..any mention i don't hope to see Taufik @ next yr's U.S. Open??..:confused:

9. george@chongwei

Maybe u don't catch the ball here:(..

I did not say u didn't hope to see TH next year at US open..
    I'm just saying let's hope taufik will come to US open next year:rolleyes:;)

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..why even mentioned my name??..:confused:

11. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    no show, aspire

taufik didn't show up

as what his country man tells bc

12. george@chongwei

See what's the content of post #426 by the poster;)

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..george, the content of post #426 didn't indicate whether the poster cares or not cares whether Taufik came or not..

14. george@chongwei

READ carefully.. the 1st line;).. anyway, lots of OT here.. i rest my case.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..george, that 1st and 2nd lines are to inform the member who thought TH would come...no mention or indication whether the poster cared or not cared whether TH came or not..

16. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Taufik Hidayat will win this year's WC 2010! Sure, I hope so!

17. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    Monday August 23, 2010

Taufik says world title not as prestigious as Asiad crown

DENMARK’s Peter Gade-Christensen is the luckiest man. China’s Lin Dan is the hot favourite. And Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei has a chance.
    This is Indonesian Taufik Hidayat’s assessment on the contenders for the world championship men’s singles title. And where does this leave the former world champion?
    [​IMG] Cool rebel: Indonesia’s former world champion Taufik Hidayat says he won’t lose sleep if he loses in the early round.
    “I am not the favourite here. In fact, I will not lose sleep if I do not go far. My goal this year is the Asian Games (in Guangzhou in November). I want to defend my title there,” said Taufik.
    The 2006 Asian Games champion said that Christensen has the best chance to go into the final following the withdrawal of Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro.
    “It’s unfortunate that Sony is down with a back injury. I do not think Peter could have asked for more. He has one of the less challenging path to the final,” said Taufik.
    The others in the same half of the draw with second seed Christensen are South Korean Shon Wan-ho, Indonesian Simon Santoso, China’s Chen Jin and Thailand’s Boonsak Ponsana.
    The 33-year-old Christensen is hoping to become only the third Dane to win the world title after Flemming Delfs (1977, Malmo) and Peter Rasmussen (1997, Glasgow).
    Fifth seed Taufik is in the other half of the draw with top seed Chong Wei, third seed Lin Dan, Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark, Bao Chunlai of China and Park Sung-hwan of South Korea.
    “It is really quite heavy at the top. Lin Dan is the favourite but I am sure Chong Wei will not give in easily this time,” he said.
    Taufik, who has Taiwan’s Hsieh Yu-hsin in his path in the second round, may play against Chong Wei in the quarter-finals.
    On why he chose to give the Asian Games more preference than the world championships, the 2005 world champion said: “It is not that I do not have the desire to win the world title again. I just feel that hosting the world championships every year except for the Olympic year is a big mistake.
    “It takes the prestige away. Lin Dan may win the world title again this year but I will not look at it as a big achievement.
    “Yang Yang (of China) won it twice when the championships were a biennial affair and to me, that is even more meaningful. The Asian Games is held every four years and it will more prestigious to win that title.”
    Taufik has been one of the strong advocates against the Badminton World Federation (BWF) move to host the world meet annually since 2005.
    “It is not too late for the BWF to make it a prestigious event again. If not, players may in future even choose not to take part. Winning a world title just feels like winning another Open title,” he said.

from; The Star

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..Taufik just announced his last possible tournament where he wants to go out with a bang before he hangs it up..we shall see..

19. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    im a big fan of TH, but saying that it wont be anything special for LD to win the championship is harsh as winning as many titles as LD has is a great accomplishment. Saying that though, i do understand what he means by the prestige factor. i also hope for TH to do well in the Asian games. A competitive repeat of four years ago would be nice to watch :) LD is definately as good, possibly better>>> taufik will need to do alot of work.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..methinks Taufik wants to be the 1st Asian player ever to win in 3 consecutive Asian Games MS Gold. It's never been done before (so far only he & Zhao Jianhua have won the AG MS Gold twice and both players did them back to back). At the very least, if Taufik retires without an AE title, he has the 3 consecutive AG MS Gold to brag about...;)