Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

all these names that you guys mentioned (ncc, kg.. n.. etc).. in all fairness .. they might be good . .. somewhere else.. but here in the badminton universe.. they have been superceded.. outclassed .. outdated and outplayed by the China juggernauts... the writing is on the wall... step down and let somebody else take over

2. S.fusion

S.fusion Regular Member

when did you last see in Malaysia someone steps down gracefully n voluntarily admitting he is no good? This just never happen in 1Malaysia bolehland

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Honestly, if you or me is in NCC position, paid big bucks and supreme power, would you or me really step down in the interest of Malaysian badminton? I don't think so, tak boleh lah;) Someone said MS and Rexy are paid RM180K a year, NCC/KennyGoh/Nadzmi are the bosses, so how much do you thunk the bosses make, must be way more than the coaches. If these 3 fellas step down, they have to face the real world like you and me, and look for a job. An ex-lawyer need to dig through those law books once again, too tough lah, the brain gets mushy, mushy and loopy, loopy after away so long practicing law. NCC/Kenny better stay with BAM and hope, pray that DLCW wins the OLY12 so they can score those bonuses, datukship, yadayada...Too bad TBH/KKK are tanking otherwise, they might be 2 hopes ....now, along comes this CL fellow, as though 1 LD is not enough to give them ulcer...apa macham?:D

4. flite

flite Regular Member

Apa macam....? dua bulat satu tajam LOL!!

To hope for those guys to step out of their comfort zone in BAM on their own will is as good as hoping for yoyo HH to take over LCW mantle when he retire.

Unless OTB come back to Malaysia for the rescue.:D:D

#6624 flite, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    celebrating LCW's birthday during the Denmark Open:

[video=youtube;ZjoKG14wprM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjoKG14wprM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

the video had been posted before this i tink.. anyway, nice to watch it again.

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Did i saw KKK/TBH in the video??

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yes, KKK/TBH was there too. TBH also took some photo using his iphone..

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    If Malaysians can see the mismanagement with these fellas, and still business as usual, I really wonder what is going on. I talk more than I know about badminton but I am just sad to see malaysian badminton despite all these funding that after LCW retires, forget about CHN...even Sing and Taiwan is tough for MAS. These guys are banking all the marbles on LCW scoring the OLY medal and save their jobs.

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    If KKK/TBH was not there, then the video is good to watch.

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Historically, LCW has not done well at the Paris venue; the one-time exception was the 2007 Open which he won. I don't expect that to suddenly cange this time around, so I would be surprised if he made it to the finals. Regardless of who he has to play along the way...

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Congratulation LCW, you beat CL after 2 defeats......well done.

Also you have kept the record clean to enter every final in all tournaments so far in 2011, thats impressive !!

13. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Except the one he withdrew from :)

For sure the most consistent player on tour, with Gade no.2. But loosing so many of the finals, is worrying if he wants to be considered the "best" player, not just the "consistent" one..

Only taking advantage of 2 out of 5 finals in majors (premier ss + wc) this year isn't really that legendary :-(

14. victory

victory Regular Member

Congratulations LCW for denying CL doing his strip show. I am sure someone out there love CL's strp show. Nothing wrong. But a lot of fans out there also puzzled by this strip shows that started by Lin Dan and now inherited by CL. LCW extremely well this year. Enter every final of the tournaments that he participated is really extraordinary. Some may say less than legendary. Less than great. Less than best.It is always easy to criticize. Please point it out to me how many players out there able to do what LCW does inthe era of modern badminton? The players out there that gave us great entertainment and inspirations are human. They are not race horses. Have some humanity. Have some heart.

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Maybe LCW also will put on a stripshow, if he actually manage to clinch a big win :)

16. victory

victory Regular Member

Ha ha! If LCW do this kind of strip show I will turn to other channel. I am fair impartial. I don't criticize just because the chinese players do it. If LCW do it I will also tell him off. "Please don't do this kind of disgusting show":)

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, we appreciating his hard works and sportmenship.....at least, he is not the one who creates record in terms of number of W/O like some great champion.

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

No such thing, he will be severely critised as 'not behaving properly when representing the country'. Remember Msia is Muslim country.

19. williamtan2020

williamtan2020 Regular Member

sales
    Become a gracious player, Lee Chong Wei!

I hope one day people will remember LCW as a gracious player, win or lose. But first, his court temperament must change. He can start by acknowledging all the lucky net cord that goes his way and raise his hand whenever a shuttle hits his opponent unintentionally. This simple gesture goes a long way and will gain even more respect from opponents and fans alike. This change may very well raise his game to an entire new level. -just my humble opinion-

20. victory

victory Regular Member

Hmm............what you say make sense. Now come to think of it, LD and CL do stripshows to please the chinese , their coaches and leaders. Perhaps LYB and their coaches love stripshows. No wonder LYB and the chinese coaches condone LD and CL 's foolish behaviour.

The problem is they forget that not everyone love stripshows. Doing these things in private is fine but why do it infront of cameras? Why do it when they are representing their country?