Badminton racquet (racket) recommendation - Intermediate player

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by varunpuri, Feb 2, 2013.

1. varunpuri

varunpuri Regular Member

IT/Software
    Hi baddy's,
    I am an intermidiate to advancing (will take time :p ) player, need recommendation advice on buying a racquet

Budget : Upto 50$ or 2500 INR
    Brand: Only Yonex ( though I am not a Yonex fan boy hehe )

Following are my play characterstics:
    1. less drops ( but I do play them when needed at the net and from back of the court as well )
    2. like to play in the back court mostly
    3. like to play hard smashes,power shots
    4. i am quick on the court
    5. nead backhand shots from back court, need it at times
    6. need an equally balanced racquet so i do not struggle with returning back a smash or hitting a smash either

Models I have liked so far:
    1. Arc saber series

Type: Isometric Head shape

I have gone through the graph on Yonex site but confused by those terms in respect to the racquets

Please recommend

Also, I put up in India, New Delhi is it better to buy the racquet from Sun Rise India Pvt ltd directly ? do they sell retail ?

Regards,
    Varun

2. varunpuri

varunpuri Regular Member

IT/Software
    87 people viewed this topic and no one recommended even a single one ?

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What Yonex model recommendation could you possibly expect for your budget? Is there any ArcSaber for up to $50?? How much is Voltric 5?
    And unless Sunrise India have a retail store then no, they should most likely not be selling to normal consumers ...
    ArcSaber 003 might be something but should still cost more like 3,500INR ...

#3 demolidor, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Oh yeah I see it at a certain "Sports365" for only 2,649 but sold out. It appears to be a discontinued model indeed yes ...
    If they are a reliable chain, I would take a look at the Carbonex 25 they have listed :cool: (but heavy, 2U, and maybe too stiff)

#4 demolidor, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  5. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

What online retailers are available to you?

6. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    Hi, u can try the nanoray series ...and the arc saber 10 to me,suits u pretty well...saber 8dx also good! U need to tell whether u play doubles more or single more..there's quite many thread about these topic...try search?

7. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Try jabong.com or flipkart.com. Or check-out a reputed sports retailer nearby you.

In your budget you can expect to find:
    1. Arc 002
    2. Cab 8000 Ti/Light
    3. NS 100
    4. VT 3 (not sure about price but should be close to 2500 INR mark)

Arc 002 and NS 100 are flexible rackets. Arc is even balance, NS is supposed to be head-light but its quite close to even-balance as well. Cab 8000 Ti/Light must be mid-flex and even-balance too, but since you are looking for isometric head shape it won't fit in your choices. VT 3 is mid-flex and head-heavy.

I would recommend you to take a look at NS 100 or Arc 002 though.

8. varunpuri

varunpuri Regular Member

IT/Software
    hi, thanks for the reply.
    Actually I wanted to start low in this :) first I need an intermediate racquet so I don't struggle playing and improve my game, then I will go for a better one for my collection as I also play once or twice in a week

Hi,
    Flipkart.com
    Jabong.com
    snapdeal.com
    www.sports365.in

Hi, thanks for recommendation.
    I play doubles and singles, was more interested in singles :) but I can equally play doubles well if I have an understanding and responsive partner. Singles I prefer more though :), but these days I play indoors and its more like doubles we have to go for

Hi thanks for the recommendation.
    One thing I need to mention is I like hitting the shots with power, so wont the flexible racquets like ARC 002 and NS100 bend too much ? I would like a bit head heavy so I can hit power full shots and equally can return a smash or 2....

Can you recommend me the strings for it ? I notice they also play a very good role and the tension.

I have been playing with almost any racquet non-branded, yonex, cosco, silvers all graphite ( 12 years old raquet I had , this was heavy ) , so no matter what racquet I get I like to play and return shots tightly :) the only thing missing in my game is footwork and a good racquet :)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, now I can stream down my search :)

9. varunpuri

varunpuri Regular Member

IT/Software
    <br><br>hi, thanks for the reply.<br>Actually I wanted to start low in this :) first I need an&nbsp;intermediate&nbsp;racquet so I don't struggle playing and improve my game, then I will go for a better one for my collection as I also play once or twice in a week<br><br>
    <br>Hi,<br>Flipkart.com<br>Jabong.com<br>snapdeal.com<br>www.sports365.in<br><br>
    <br>Hi, thanks for recommendation.<br>I play doubles and singles, was more interested in singles :) but I can equally play doubles well if I have an understanding and responsive partner. Singles I prefer more though :), but these days I play indoors and its more like doubles we have to go for<br><br><br>
    <br><br>Hi thanks for the recommendation.<br>One thing I need to mention is I like hitting the shots with power, so wont the flexible racquets like ARC 002 and NS100 bend too much ? I would like a bit head heavy so I can hit power full shots and equally can return a smash or 2....<br><br>Can you recommend me the strings for it ? I notice they also play a very good role and the tension.<br><br>I have been playing with almost any racquet non-branded, yonex, cosco, silvers all graphite ( 12 years old raquet I had , this was heavy ) , so no matter what racquet I get I like to play and return shots tightly :) the only thing missing in my game is footwork and a good racquet :)<br><br>Thanks everyone for the suggestions, now I can stream down my search :)

COLOR : Also, I like one color theme like ARC 003 very much, rusty orange + dark grey kind of finishing I live very much

10. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

In a badminton stroke, power or force to hit the shuttle is generated by the flex of the shaft. If you think your swing is faster than the flex of the shaft then its better to opt for mid-flex rackets. But generating power out of NS 100 or Arc 002 shouldn't be difficult. I liked the new colour scheme (2013) of the Arc 002 though.

Other online sites worth checking:
    www.decathlon.in (membership required)
    www.playgroundonline.com

If you want a slightly stiffer shaft and head-heavy check out VT 3. I was looking for VT 3 too, but couldn't find it online, so try checking in your neighbourhood sports shop.

11. Drive Warrior

Drive Warrior Regular Member

Engineer