Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. st_sam

st_sam Regular Member

just checked in bts but didn't find the new color (black/red), maybe have to use the email as you suggested.
    thanks for the useful information :)

2. Uncle tan

Uncle tan Regular Member

Any paint peeled issue on hitting the shuttle on the frame? I heard bs series got this problem...anyone?

3. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Not that serious, but it is a little bit problem if you accidentally scratched on the floor, then it might really peel off.

4. Bucsy

Bucsy Regular Member

Engineer
    Bought a BS12n yesterday after my BS09 broke. Hope it plays something like the BS09.
    Have removed the grip and replaced it with a AC102EX with BG66 string.

5. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
    U buy bs12 and u will not regret i got both zforce 4u and bs12 3u, and it feels damn nice, u should try bro, thanks

6. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
    I have bs12, and some other rackets like arc11, zforce, bs10, n55ii, jjs, mx60, from my opinion, this racket is feel very2 nice, i have the blue one, mine is 3u although my other rackets are 4u, bs12 3u bits heavy but it feels very fast2 and it is very accurate, as i can smash and dropshot the shuttle with zero mistake, although it is not powerful like jjs, it is easy to control the smash, backhand is easy and i cn hit the shuttle for clearing with a little effort, the feel of the racket is also nice as my string is bg66 26 lbs, and it has very large sweet spot, the racket that feels similar with this racket is mx60 about 80% in terms of feel, this is only my opinion, thanks for viewing

7. mackstine

mackstine Regular Member

A brief overview from a Canadian player who uses an MP99 and Arc7

Just received my BS-12 from Sohubuy (Blue Version). Put a Yonex Dekoboko Grip on it (my fave). To my surprise, the racket came pre-strung (i had expected to string it myself), and I was told that it had been strung by the Victor Rep.
    I have no idea what tension or string was used - it feels rough and textured, and my guess would be at a tension around 22-23 lbs. (If anyone knows what configuration it comes with out of the factory, Please let me know). Interestingly enough, it was strung with a 4 knot pattern instead of what I thought would be the Victor 2-knot pattern.

Having read some of the other reviews, I expected that I would need a bit of time to adjust to the timing, and that was true. During warm ups, some of my clears wouldn't make it past half court, but I think I had it reasonably well figured out after about 15 mins of warm up and a rather badly played game by me.

Once I got the timing down, HOLY COW.
    This thing is amazing and it has become my new favorite doubles racket.
    Smashes are fast and accurate - with the factory strings, it lets off a somewhat satisfyingly loud shriek when hit properly.
    Drives are a joy - it really is addictive - I found myself winning drives against opponents who I don't normally beat out in that area.
    Accuracy - any time I tried to put some emphasis on shot placement, was just dead on. Never before have I dropped so many shuttles right on the boundary lines. Can rackets interpret your intentions and respond accordingly?
    Defense - Solid. As stated before, this racket is crazy fast.

All in all, I'd have to say I love this racket. I can't wait to get back on to the court to get more immersed in the experience... I may end up selling my other 2 rackets at this point =P

Gpower likes this.
  8. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

^^ nice review mackstine. I find that Victor rackets in general have very good accuracy. From what I remember when I had this racket, the accuracy was indeed superb.

I didn't give me enough time to adjust to it before selling mine. But, I have recently bought a BS15 and decided to give me time to adjust my playing to the speed of the brave swords.

9. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I'm surprised many of you guys like this racket. It felt to me like it carried all it's weight near the T-joint, which is very weird. I never knew where the head was exactly and it felt like the shaft was too stiff for the rest of it. Maybe I just don't like headlight rackets? :eek:

And what's even weirder is that the KRP versions (I put some info in the 'Market Place' section) have a BP of 297mm, whereas the stock version is about 288.

I'm a huge fan of the BS - my all-time favourite racket is the old spec BS11 - but the BS12 I had was just....weird.

Are the newer ones the same as the original that I had, or 'improved'? I'd hate to be missing out on something! :)

10. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

BS12 KP has higher tension support on the frame due to "different material". And the shaft itself are more stiff and slightly long to make the BP higher. It is totally two different feeling compare normal and KP so far. I have 2-3 pieces of KP and try it with consistently KP can generate more power compare to the normal.

11. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

So is the KRP version widely available yet?

12. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I got to know in Jan until Mar 2013 have around 50-70 pieces flow into market, price around USD$250 each average, some even go above USD$400, but I keep for own use and only have 5-6 pieces, so self collection it worth, go into battlefield, I wont.

13. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Erm. What does KP or KRP version mean?
    I only know BS12 and BS12N. But a KP or KRP version of BS12? Please explain :)

14. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Yeah, same meaning, mean Korean Player Version.
    BS12 Lee Yong Dae and Ko Sung Hyun used is KP, we used that is normal version.

15. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks for sharing ^^
    So, where to get them? And what are the differences? *seeking after more informations* :p

16. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

BS12 KP - Shaft is stiffer and head is heavier. can support up to 35lbs.
    BS12 - 30lbs for 3U, less stiff and normal head heavy level.

17. Maybes

Maybes Regular Member

Looking for one
    What's the difference in play?
    Or have u tried playing with it?

18. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I did, that is why I said the feeling is different. The BS09 or BS12 KP I had so far, both are different with what normal version had.

BS12 used to be very balance racket for the normal version, but if you try the KP, you will feel it is easier to generate more power during smashing, not as weak as normal bs12, that is the most obvious advantages I have found so far.

19. Maybes

Maybes Regular Member

Looking for one
    The other aspects are not affected? Wow.. So good?

20. visor

visor Regular Member

that is so goofy of victor... why the different specs for korea and the rest of the world? :confused: