Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Supposedly legit....

... "Attending public welfare activities will be an important part of my future career," said Lin, who collected 253,000 yuan ($40,450) for the foundation by selling TaiLG electric bikes with his autograph, badminton crackers and bags at the ceremony...."

LOL. That cracked me up :D

2. Stasys

Stasys Regular Member

Hello,

I think, it isn't a spam because it's about Lin Dan. Maybe somebody knows Lin Dan results in these exercises: 30m running and standing jump (jumping ahead, not in the height). It could be not only Lin Dan, I need Badminton professional player data. Thank you for information!

Stasys.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's confirmed, I read from a Chinese sports page that mentioned Lin Dan is on six-month leave after the Olympics. I suppose the earliest we can see him back in action might be March next year.

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    WOW, half a year break for The Best Shuttler to date is quite something.

5. faridzuan

faridzuan Regular Member

student
    I wonder that why lin dan is looks different in physical appearance now? his skin is much brownish not brighter than before..

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Me too. Wonder why?

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Meanwhile, it's been reported he is thoroughly relaxing and enjoying himself and has been approached to appear as one of the hosts for a hugely popular TV show ('China has got Talent') together with Guo Degang(a famous Chinese cross-talk artist), probably Andy Lau (Hong Kong actor),and Zhao Benshan (a famous, highly-respected Chinese comedian and actor). He has also been appearing in several commercial activities, such as fashion show with sexy babe Liu Yifei, not as model,just to grace the event,sign autographs, chit-chat, photo-taking (or photo shoot, I'm not sure).

Badminton is certainly the last thing on his mind now. Makes us wonder when the time comes for him to resume training and competition, will he miss those new-found joys more or badminton? I suspect he may even be thinking his illustrious predecessors, Zhao Jianhua and Yang Yang, retired around 28 years of age, why not him. True, a while ago he has been saying retirement isn't on his mind and wants to emulate Peter Gade's longevity, we shall see.

8. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Wooow... His WR will probably drop to 50-100 after this six month leave... Look forward to a Round 1 match with LD vs LCW... :D

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh dear,never thought of that. Yea, what if they meet in R1? More Lin Dan's problem for LCW should no doubt have the upper hand. Actually I would go so far as to say, for the first few months of Lin Dan's comeback, almost anybody could trouble or surprise him. Brace ourselves for it. No matter what,he is always my badminton superhero.

10. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

then i supposed it will become the world most anticipated Round 1 match of badminton. :D

btw, to have lin dan re-enjoy badminton again, maybe they must try pairing him again to play double. at least it would be a new challenge, wouldn't it? :p

11. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

unbelievably, based on my calculations even with 6 month's absent Lin Dan should still have 85,470 in the bag.
    in today's money will put him as rank No 3.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Unbelievable but true? You mean all the six-month tournament ranking points that he stand to lose is still good enough to maintain his 3rd or at least top 10 ranking? Not too bad then but he still have to contend with loss of form and motivation, the latter serious enough to end any top athlete's career.

Don't forget, he's asked CBA to structure a training regimen to suit his needs which to me is equivalent to saying 'Don't expect me to train as hard as before'. Can anybody with lesser training and waning motivation ever maintain their form? Think Taufik and we would know the answer; of course,you might want to argue Lin Dan is Lin Dan,not Taufik;however,as far as I'm concerned, I don't think it will make much difference.

Lin Dan is 29 already,you know, and newly married and probably preparing to be a father; remember,he's made clear now family comes first. Gosh,I'm sounding like a wet blanket. Lin Dan, prove me wrong , please; I beg you.

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Well apart from LCW the other top guys (CL, can't think of anyone else...) haven't been really accumulating many points, and the distance between them and the rest of the pack is substantial, so it figures...

14. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

i just wish LD and LCW would meet again with both of them on top condition. but would it happen with all the reason Justin has posted? :confused:

#3494 bad's fan, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Apparently LD is asking for rest. If he come back, I m sure he will take up re-training to uplift his form to his own satisfaction. Today's LD would rather retire than expecting himself to lose in every round 1, not like TH.I guess he would ask for smart training considering his age than lack of training if he don't want to retire.

16. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Oh really? Can't believe that!

17. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

But he will be fined tens of thousands of US$ due to missing tournaments within this 6 months...

18. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

sexy babe? hmm.. why can they came together? where is Mrs. Lin? any photo?

and who will pay for the fine? CBA, or Lin Dan?

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Here http://sports.qq.com/a/20121025/000102.htm#p=1 You don't expect Mrs Lin to be invited to every of his function, do you?:p That's the price she has to pay for marrying such a famous,celebrity hubby; relax, give him some breathing space.:D I've read Sally Yeh and Karen Mok are his admirers and the former was last seen at the Hong Kong Coliseum pulling him close to sing and pose for photos during the Olympians Goodwill Tour while the latter sat with Lin Dan's family at Wembley stadium to cheer for him.

I thought if he didn't submit his name and then withdraw after a certain date, there should be no fine. Not sure what the organizer or sponsor (Li Ning?) will do about it though.

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

apart from the premier SS that is mandatory for the top 10.

not that 5000 usd is that much of a deal for hin anyway

#3500 AlanY, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012