Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am using white.

someone claims that black/blue has better texture. i have one person do blind test and the result is inconclusive. ;)

2. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    thanks kwun .. i already used black vs850@27lbs for my sw35.. first 6 hours of playing.. the string feel so lively, i said to myself this string is the best..but after 6hours of playing the feels gone.... maybe need prestrech and increase the tensions ups to 29.5lbs maybe :D..

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    try it! you will never know unless you try it out. we cannot on paper predict how it is going to feel if you do go up to 29.5lbs. on my racket, with my stringing using my machine, it felt really good, for *me*. but it may not feel as good on your machine strung by you (or your regular stringer) and you personally may not like the feel. there are many variables and the preference is very personal. the only way to find out is experiment and find out.

and then let us know. :)

4. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    yup for sure i'm gonna try it.. once the current strings broke...currently my sw35 using zy67@27lbs the feeling is not good as vs850@27lbs and damn..vs850 only took me 2 months to break it.. this zy67 already with my sw35 for 3 Months ++(don't want to cut it :D) and still not showing wear n tear sign. really a durable string hahaha...

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i like strings that breaks fast. then i can get new ones and play with different strings/tensions. ;)

6. zombiez

zombiez Regular Member

Full time Dad
    Played with the SW35 again. Second session with BG66 Ultimax at 26lbs. Switched to PP T2 and Precision a few times. The T2 feels not as solid. Maybe it's just me. LOL. Shaft for Precision is way too soft. Switched back to SW35 and feels much better. The strings feels a tad soft. Maybe slack after 2 weeks. Maybe I'm going mad. The clears flies out too easily. Accuracy is great. No vibration. Feedback is good if not great. I think the search for a suitable string + tension is of utmost importance. Maybe selling off my other rackets. :)BTW. This is not a review.

7. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    mine one sw35 with bg65ti @ 28lbs, already 4 months. very long wait for the string to broke. maybe i will brake it myself.

8. Alapongtai

Alapongtai Regular Member

mine is with zymax 67 @ 25 lbs... been like 6-7 months -.- (but i was gone for 2 months in the summer so really 4-5 months)
    i play around 3-5 times a week
    still didnt break
    this is one mighty string

9. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i think no more pro's using sw35. time to change.

10. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Don't think it matters if any pro's are still using this racket. If you like it there is no reason to change...

11. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    normally racket company make new product based on feed back from the pro's which they sponsor. so in theoritical new racket should be better than before.

12. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    It is very different what people sees as improvements so new rackets might actually be worse than the old onces. All depends on the eye of the beholder.

13. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i dont want waste my money because i dont hav a lot of money to buy new racket. i like to watch all badminton game live in tv. from there i can see the racket performance which use by pro's.

14. Hellmoon

Hellmoon Regular Member

If Lin Dan is still sponsored by Yonex, I highly confidence he will still use good old Armotec 700 for his main racket.

Even Taufik sometimes still using Arcsaber 10 even though there are plenty of new rackets developed by Yonex. So don't just solely rely on professionals players upon choosing and buying your new racket. Beside, SW 35 is not too old...no more than 2 years I think.

15. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    A great racquet can only be maximize if the user is great player as well... if the player do not have the skill, no matter how good the racquet is, it is still useless. By watching badminton players on tv already you can judge how good is the racquet? Wow...

16. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    first dont judge the book by it cover. but you cant read it bcoz it seal..so if you want it you have to buy...then how????

17. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    That is why you cant judge whether it is a good racquet by just seeing how the racket perform when used by pro. You dont have a hang of it, how you know whether it suits you or not. If you want to have a look at what is inside the book, then you HAVE to buy it and then only you will know whether the book is good or not for you, whether it suits for your reading or otherwise... IMHO

18. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    how i want to you know the racket that i bought is suit for me???

19. ariffza

ariffza Regular Member

Engineer
    Firstly, buy the racket, get it strung with your favorite string at your favorite tension and invite daviee to a friendly one-on-one match.

20. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    Hi guys

I actually own a tantrum 300 and i love it but i would like to try out something new because i broke one few days ago.
    I really liked it because it was very easy to get power from this racket, when you are in danger during a match, it's always possible to make a big clear even if you're not in good position.
    The only thing i don't like in it is it's smash power that's why i wanted to go for the SW35 which seems to be very powerfull in this area.

Does anyone tried both of them and could tell me which one they've prefered?
    Does the SW35 feels the same as the tantrum which can provide easy power?

Thank you for helping me