Yonex! please do not use sticker as paint for the new racket!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by juventus1, Mar 27, 2012.

1. LemonPepsi

LemonPepsi Regular Member

N/A
    For someone who spoke with such assertiveness, I would think you have done your reaserch. And no, we are not here to satisfy my thrist for your enlightenment, we are here to discuss why Yonex can get away with shoddy paint job.

2. King's

King's Regular Member

Let me be succinct, this isn't about shoddy paintjob or flimsy apparels nor sour acquisitions...they have to post the losses because unlike in previous years, now is not the time to sign off on questionable books. Lot's of big enough and important people are falling (not the biggest of course; those are/won't be affected)...

3. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Still want to pee up this rope eh?

What research? I have an opinion that I've backed up with logic. When or if I bother to research the matter thoroughly, I'll present it as fact and will not say "I'm willing to bet". It's also the height of hypocrisy to demand market data from me without offering one shred of research backing your assertion that people only buy Yonex because they sponsor LCW. So let's see your survey results then. What percentage of people who bought the VT-ZF did so because of LCW?

Good, but why do you thirst for my enlightenment?

If they do get away with it, it will be because they've offered a product that performs well enough that people are willing to buy it despite the annoyance of this sticker issue. I'm also not prepared to say they've gotten away with anything. If you see this same issue repeated in their next product release then I'll be more inclined to argue that they've gotten away with something.

4. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Sounds like you're on to a different topic.

5. ahren92

ahren92 Regular Member

badminton nerd
    nanoray 80 2.jpg nanoray 80.jpg just look at the paint chips on my Nanoray 80... just barely two months.. and it flakes off like stickers..

6. wlachan

wlachan Regular Member

Personally I have found MIJ Yonex racquets to be poorly made. Dusty and bubbly paint jobs, easily chip, poorly attached cone and defective wooden grip. As to why paint would chip easily, I believe the racquets were not properly cleaned right before airbrushing based on my airbrushing experience. You can use the best paint available but if the racquet was dusty or oily, the paint will not be able to grip securely and will chip easily. Luckily I am not a Yonexholic so their lack of QC doesn't bother me much. I just look for other brands in the future. Just for the record, my cheap MIT Cab8200/8600 are still chip free after countless mishit for years, but I only play single. Their paint jobs are better than MIJ models too.

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

One of our club players has an NR80 that looks exactly like this, and it got there after about ten hours. He wasn't impressed.

8. ahren92

ahren92 Regular Member

badminton nerd
    the racket plays well really... but the paint is flaking off like crazy as I play... could the cause be from vibrations ?