How do I gauge my level of play or skill

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Slayer74, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

I believe this question was asked a million time:D:D but I can’t seems to find it in this forum…how do I gauge my level of play or skill:confused:. I see ppl asking for beginner (high/low), intermediate (high/low) and xpert…well I dot think I am there yet. So is there a way to know my level, I don’t want to ruin other ppl game when they are intermediate and I am actually a beginner. Thanks ppl

2. kisukey

kisukey Regular Member

Ask one of your friends? I think I'm intermediate low but i seriously dont like to play with beginners cause it's not very exciting and very boring.
    I think alot of people think that way as well but if you can get a friend which is intermediate and doesn't mind playing with you. You should just practice playing half the court 1v1. You will improve very fast and then you will be able to play with other people. GL

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

When you lose to people wearing baseball hats and untied basketball shoes, you are a beginner.
    When you lose to people with warm-up routines and good backhand clears, you are an intermediate.
    When you never lose, you are Lin Dan.

_______

Seriously, it is only hard to know how good you are if you play the same people all the time. But if you play in several places against lots of different people, it doesn't take long to figure out where you sit in the grand scheme of things.

4. 96382

96382 Regular Member

Stumbled upon this recently: http://www.badlab.de/en
    See under Self-Test. Maybe it can give some hints where you stand.

(Requires a little bit of knowledge and experience though.)

5. Line & Length

Line & Length Regular Member

The reason that you can't find a definitive answer on this forum, is that there is no answer to something so subjective. One person's pro is another person's beginner.

Never be afraid to try out a new group, though accept that you may only get 1 game before being told (hopefully politely) that it's a "no".

Every club I've played at allows most people to try out. Sometimes, it's obvious from 1 game, sometimes a decision is made over 3-4 weeks.

Naturally, the stronger players in a club want to play with & against one another. However, they need to realise that if they don't play a mixture of games with all members of the club, the weaker members won't improve & the whole club will suffer.

6. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Thanks everyone, guess i must test my skill with others players and then find out what ppl say about my level. Thanks again..:D

7. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

hahaha good one, i can surely beat baseball hats and untied basketball shoes.......

8. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Tried but gave up half way.....dont understand some of things they ask, anyway thank!

9. fauci

fauci Regular Member

film yourself hitting a few strokes, esp. high clears. That's normally enough to judge one's skills.

10. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

that's the easiest thing. post a video and we'll tell you at which level you are...

11. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Shy leh.... Anyway will try if possible.