Who can replace Datuk Lee Chong Wei

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by shooting stroke, Mar 13, 2009.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    of course more is better
    but yap kim hock and poh chai boon had done their best in bd department

2. aaronhor

aaronhor Regular Member

student
    Malaysia has not done enough to train new people. We have world junior champion, why can't they shine in world big tournament? Are them given enough opportunity to participate? Are them trained enough ? At one point I thought Chong Wei Feng can replace Lee Chong Wei, but his performance in recent tournaments ........

http://badmintonclip.blogspot.com/

3. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Similarly, i predict Arif was the one who can replace him as he is in the same boat with Chen Long and Tago......while Tago gave him a hard time in this year All England and Chen Long has already beaten Datuk LCW, either Arif and the other backup are still tooooo far away as far as recent international achievements are concern. To replace Datuk, they need to have a tough mentality and willingness to improve very hard like Datuk.

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Just curious, is Arif under BAM, elite back-up or junior team?

5. shooting stroke

He is one of the BAM elite back-up players together with Chong Wei Feng etc. The junior players are Iskandar, Misbun R, Syawal etc

6. shooting stroke

Biarlah mereka pergi: Zolkples (Let Then go)

by Hussain Said
    hussain@bharian.com.my
    2011/01/05

‘BAM tidak akan terjejas kerana Misbun hanya latih Chong Wei seorang

"JIKA kedua-duanya (Datuk Misbun Sidek dan Lee Chong Wei) menerima tawaran lebih baik di luar, biarlah mereka pergi."

Zolkples yakin tindakan Misbun dan Chong Wei keluar dari BAM tidak akan menjejaskan misi memburu pingat emas di Sukan Olimpik London 2012 mahu pun badan induk itu sendiri.

“Sebaliknya, BAM boleh menggunakan kewangan yang ada untuk membimbing dan melahirkan lebih ramai Chong Wei baru.
    (produce more new Chong Wei)

[…]

http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/ar...lkples/Article

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the most confident statement ever for 2011. If this is a script from a movie, i think he would already won an oscar for it. For all this years, does he realise that one of the biggest dilemma BAM is facing is to produce Datuk LCW replacement that can continue his footprint of success once he retired. I doubt maybe he knows the pools of players that we currrently have in the elite and junior back-up as well as their achievements history. Unless the above statement is meant usable for the next 10-15 years from now.

If all the back-up now are amoung the top 5 in the BWF rankings and already able to beat Datuk LCW and the other top players, then its another story, but judging by the current BAM pool of single players and their achievements, not to mention with the current on-going scenario, the above statements will only be possible while dreaming as far as for the next few years is concern.

****While just finishing writing this post, Datuk LCW just defeated Tian Ngun Yin 21-12/21-17. Congratulation***

#126 shooting stroke, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  7. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    okay now that Zolkpes have " pijak kepala " of Ahmad Shabery .. boleh then .. lol

8. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

To be honest, I don't think he knows anything about badminton, nor have a clue about the gravity of the situation. Either way, the ignorance is appalling and he is obviously not very good at thinking things out. Wonder what's keeping him as the sport director as I don't see him possessing knowledge that is vital for that role? Maybe Malaysia have a different criteria when it comes to selecting a candidate for the position. After all, he has a Dato title(equivalent to knighthood in UK?), *cough*!

I suspect he is one of the candidate, who LCW labelled as the one who lack appreciation when LCW won titles.

#128 lcleing, Jan 5, 2011
  9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Errr, Datuk Z is NSC Director, in charge of all sports in Msia, not BAM. I think Datuk Z was from other sports. Then again, even BAM President (Dato N)is from Proton & not ex badminton player.

10. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

I know he is in charge of alot of sport but don't you think that he should really refrain from commenting on BAM's business when he really has no idea on what he is talking about? If I am not mistaken, he is the one and only one who 'talked alot' (in an extremely annoying way) during the Thomas cup and World Championship event(not forgetting commonwealth and asian game) while others remain pretty much silent.

And yes I know what you were trying to say eagle, that 'DaTO' N was likely to be the main culprit behind the lack of appreciation case but I also think the 'DaTO' Z is also one of them. They are all talks but no...

#130 lcleing, Jan 5, 2011
  11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

No, I'm not trying to say BAM President is main culprit cos I think it's someone else. As for Datuk Z, he's always that way, this time say should let them go cos that's the Sports Minister's tune. Thank goodness current Sports Minister is a cool guy, better than the one in 2008 case.

ANyway, we digress. Who can replace LCW? Maybe have to wait for LCW to train up one after he retires.

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Very well said! Second! He always only like to expect more from badminton, and if badminton fail to deliver the goods, he will always commenting this and that..:rolleyes:

13. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    need no much attention on his craps talks ..

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

No worry, Misbun's son Ramadan will take over LCW soon... boleh?

15. shooting stroke

With the current on going scenario...its just better for us to be positive......Misbun Ramdhan boleh.

16. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    please get the name correct, its ramdan :D

17. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL His name should be Ramdan, not Ramadan (sorry, I thought Ramadan is the holy month for Muslim... so... ).

Anyway, with all the big hoo-haa surrounding this son of coach Misbun, he is better to lift up to his reputation. Otherwise, I see it as a "personal/family interest" rather than "National Interest"... boleh?

18. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i think misbun ramdan has the potential to become the next lcw... i dont think liew darren ,arip latif, chong wei feng, chan kwong beng and tan chuen seang can replace lcw... from my opinion, i think the replacement will come from the junior , not from the back up squad... :)

19. shooting stroke

Liew Daren as the likely replacement

Regardless if our Dato' is not injured or not, someone still needs to fill the HUGE responsibility replacing his role sooner or later starting from now. Since he is injured and not able to be competitively fit as well doubtful if he can be as fit as he was not injured especially in this coming Olympic and hopefully not until beyond ,we as Malaysia can feel that big emptiness that he left especially in the just concluded Thomas Cup.

IMHO, Liew Daren played a good character with a positive mentality and attitude in stepping into his shoes and even though he was beaten easily in the 2nd and 3rd match against the mighty SuperLD, he played extremely well in the first set...and if he can continuously play like that and also as well as when he was superb outclassing Denmark World no. 13 Jorgensen, he indeed worthy to shoulder the role from Dato' from now until he retired.

Indeed no player can replace Dato' if we analyze from every aspect what he has achieved but still someone needs to fill that responsibility once he is not anymore playing for Malaysia and that transition obviously looks quite clear with glimmer of hope and i hope Liew can do it while waiting for the other junior to excel as well.

GO DAREN GO

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Going to be a big void. Maybe LCW should continue to play and enjoy it until he falls off. ;)

At least he can entertain us. Money is no longer an issue for him. ;) Just keep on collecting. ;)