Yonex Ti-10 Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by surge, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Tedski

Tedski Regular Member

bean counter
    Hi Danny, I have never had a chance trying out a Ti10 Ltd, but there were a lot of reviews in this thread, some say it is a head heavier than the 3rd gen, some say it is a repaint of the 3rd gen. So it is kind of over the map a bit, I personally believe it is more cases of individual specs of the racquets.

Between my playing partner and myself, we have/had 13 3rd generation Ti10, 9 3Us and 4 2Us; the spec of them are incredibly close and consistence.

out of 9 3Us, 7 of them are 88g dry mass, with 37g head weight
    out of 9 3Us, 2 of them are 89g dry mass, with 38g head weight
    out of 4 2Us, 2 of them are 93g dry mass, with 38g head weight
    out of 4 2Us, 2 of them are 94g dry mass, with 39g head weight

It leads me believe most of the 3U racquets are 37g head weight, which is light and fast what they suppose to perform; the 2 38g 3U hits noticeably harder, but still no match of the power coming from the 2Us. The overall weight increase of the 2U makes the hit must more stable and it is a completely different racquet comes to preforming power stokes at the back court.

My partner wants the 2U to have more power, where I obtain the 2U for using it in singles; overall we both prefer the 2U over the 3U 90% of the time even in doubles. It is slower than the 3U version, but still very manageable, lifts and defence is actually easier because of the weight, mid court drives are incredible, (imagine 20% more power from your 3U version); back court are hands down better. However, slower in front and physical weight makes it more demanding during longer playing sections.

At the end, it will be your call; if you like how the 3U handles and feel, moving to the 2U for more power is the most logically solution as they both behave almost identically with the obvious power/weight difference, often enough, I could switch between the 2U & 3U with very little to no adjustments. Or trying to find a off spec 3U that is pushing the top end of the weight class 89+ grams may be the best of both world; but so far I haven't able to accomplish that yet.

Hope this help and good luck in your search.

Ted

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Tedski,

thank you for your review of the Ti10s. Like you I love the Ti10 and have been playing with it for a long time but have had to stop using it in recent years due to my shoulder injury. It is simply too head-heavy for my shoulder.

I would like to pick it up again as I love the solid feel and power you get from them.

As you have quite a range of Ti10s I would like to ask you two questions.

1. Which of the 2U Ti-10s are most head light in your opinion?
    2. Which of the 3U Ti-10s are most head heavy/powerful?

Since all my Ti10s are 2U Gen-1, they are too head heavy for me now. I want to get another Ti10 but with a lighter head without sacrificing too much of that solid feel and power.

Many thanks :)

3. Tedski

Tedski Regular Member

bean counter
    Hello R20190:

I am just an average player who love the sport. No sure my opinion could help, but I have been lucky, my playing partner is a Ti10 lover as well. In his procession, he also have 4 gen-1 3Us and 1 gen-2 3U. So I got to try these wonderful racquets.

Again, the production spec on the gen-1s are incredibly consistence, all 4 of his 3Us are 87g dry mass with marginally 37-38g head weight, so it is a good balance racquet which move extremely quick. For the short section I give them a try out, I believe the shaft is flexier than the 3rd gen, so it is very forgiving (particularly easy for shoulder injured players, as I am one of those person) Power wise, the 3rd gen deliver more for me at my limit, but I certainly pay the price with my injured shoulder. The 3rd gen is also more direct because of the stiffer shaft.

For the record, the 3U gen 2 is the most head heavy and powerful out of the 3 generations, it noticable winning the top 'power' prize out of the brothers. But gen2 is rarer of the 3 generations and seems to have documented breakage issues as well.

The 2U gen3 actually swings very light, more so feels lighter than a lot of other model 3U racquets; I have personally never try a 2U gen1, but judging how the 3Us from the generations, their 2U counter parts would be similar; with the gen3 being slightly lighter, but the extra stiff shaft on the gen3 is not going to help your shoulder injury much.

If it is possible, source out a 3U gen-1 would likely to be ideal for you. Although power may be tone down from your 2U version, it still deliver and would likely ease the pain and stress on your shoulder.

Bests and hope you find the solution toward pain free badminton.

Cheers

Ted

4. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Thank you Ted,

I have 3 Ti10 Gen-1 2U, I have never tried the 3U version but it is quite difficult to get hold of a good condition one these days. The Gen-3 far easier to find in 3U but I wasn't sure if it will be head-lighter than the Gen-1.

I am currently using an ArcSaber-8DX which is quite stiff but even balanced, I find that the balance tends to be the main problem for my shoulder to cope - although I wouldn't go as far as using head-light racquets.

If the 3U gen-3 is headlighter than the gen-1 but retains that solid power feel I would probably consider getting that... unless I can find a reasonably priced gen-1 3U.

Also for the record, whilst all my gen-1 Ti-10s (2U) weight about the same, the balance is slightly different with the UK version more headheavy than the SP.

5. dannyboyyy

dannyboyyy New Member

Student
    Thank you Ted for your detailed reply, I appreciate it.

I think I'm going to buy the 3rd gen 2U version because the LTD version only has the 3U. So I'm afraid that it might not be heavy enough. I've seen multiple reviews saying that the 3rd gen 2U is good enough for singles. After reading yours too, I'm pretty convinced. I might find it better for doubles too. Who knows :p

6. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    @Dannyboyyy,
    I am quite sure you will enjoy the 2U over the 3U especially in singles where you will have more time. Give it a shot and report back! =)

@R20190,
    Please check your messages.

7. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    No messages? May be my inbox was full, now cleared some space.

8. e_slow07

e_slow07 Regular Member

Executive
  9. waveteczeus

waveteczeus Regular Member

so i got the 3rd gen not the ltd 3rd gen looks nicer anyway but why do shops put the purple as limited?even the warehouse says it is limited when i was at the warehouse sale.

10. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    May be they mean it is limited stock? I don't think the purple one is made anymore.

11. klmno

klmno New Member

is the stiffness of the limited one same as the purple one?
    thinking to buy 1 of them

12. yrtxc

yrtxc New Member

I believe the limited edition is stiffer than the purple one.

13. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

hello, mind sending me the sunrise chart link for ti-10 ? thx

14. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    I've just broken my Ti-10 3rd gen...:crying: loved that racket...any other recommended rackets that can match the specs of the Ti-10? Kason C7 or F9? Need one that can take higher string tensions...I've got countless advice on not stringing my Ti-10 at too high a tension..finally the frame cracked...tension was 27lbs...thinking of going the FZ Forza way...

15. Tedski

Tedski Regular Member

bean counter
    From my experience, don't think Victor has anything close to the 3rd gen, for Yonex, NS9900 is likely your best bet. Not sure other brand tho, hope it helps

Ted

16. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

hi guys, can I get the specs for both 3u ti-10 3rd gen and ltd pls like the price, tension, flex etc....TQ :)

17. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
  18. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

what is the string tension range for both 3rd gen ti10 and ti10 ltd ?

19. labyrinth

labyrinth New Member

student
    le me is buying one for

20. lucky5508

lucky5508 Regular Member

Anyone has idea where can i get ti-10 1st or 2nd gen in malaysia? or someone has them as collection. Can you sell one to me?
    Thanks