Wang Shixian ( 王适娴 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jun 28, 2009.

1. sophia_z11

sophia_z11 Regular Member

What they were talking about was yesterday's match. Today there is a match between LXR and WSX, too. During last week, there were three matches between LXR and WSX in CBSL playoffs. On Thursday, LXR won over WSX, 21:18 21:14. On Saturday, WSX defeated LXR, 21:18 12:21 21:9. On Sunday, LXR won over WSX with two games, 21:16, 21:17. I do not know if I make it clear.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Right, I just saw the report, LXR beat WSX today in the play-off winning in two sets, 21-16 and 21-17 by playing a fast and furious attacking game to subdue her.

Lin Dan also won for Bayi team by beating Li Yu again , this time convincingly in two straights, 21-13 and 21-16. Both this win and LXR's help Bayi to knock out Jiangsu team to advance to the semi-final.

A note of explanation: from QF onwards,unlike the group stage, if the two teams are tied after playing on Thurs and Sat, then there will be a play-off (they called it PK) on Sun to decide who progresses to the next round.

3. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    -.- so,she lose?? :crying:

4. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

OT: I think the CBSL is affecting the CHN and foreign players who have to compete in the Superseries. The Semi-final is scheduled on Nov 10, just three days before CHN Open PSS.

In today's play-off matches, Jiang Yanjiao (who beat Chen Xiaojia yesterday) had to retire after losing the first set to Chen Xiaojia. The report didn't say JYJ is injured but I think it's a precautionary move. Also Deng Xuan retired in G2 when trailing 8-11 after losing G1, 15-21 to Wang Lin . What with the travelling involved for the home and away matches. All these four players are taking part in the CHN Open. And, most likely, LXR has to play next Sat's CBSL semi-final before flying to Shanghai for the CHN Open.

I remember last year this time Li Yongbo expressed unhappiness over his national players getting involved in the CBSL. But this year,he seemed to have relented. He said something like the table-tennis counterparts making much more money than his badminton players and the good payouts offered by CBSL would be appreciated by the participants.

6. sophia_z11

Actually, I am pretty worried that they will get injured during the CBSL. This year Xia Huan and Zhong Qianxin were both get injured in CBSL cuz they were tired with international tournaments and CBSL. I do not know how serious Zhong get injured, but Bao/Zhong may probably skip the China Open. How to prevent injure is the most important thing the coach should do. Actually I support CBSL because it will give valuable opportunity for the young players, such as Xue song, Sun Yu, and Zheng Yu, to play with top players in China, but how to balance international tournaments and CBSL should be considered thoroughly.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

azrenth boy,just to let you know what Shixian wrote: Returning to Beijing,pray it's not a bit late.

[She is returning to Beijing from Guangzhou after today's CBSL match and she's worried by the time she arrives ,it will be very late at night]

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    There is no ready solution to this. It's the price one must pay in a bid to popularise any sport, and also if one wants to make it more lucurative for the participants. I believe India is also preparing a League beginning next year with attractive money. The number of leagues being formed over the calendar year (Axiata Cup is already a reality) is going to increase exposure, but will also result in a lot of "mediocre" players geting the opportunity to make some real money and get more mileage (which is really good.)

The question is, how will BWF adjust to this new reality?

9. sophia_z11

10. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Thank you for this link. I love CBSL so much. Especially when the speaker hauls the names of the players and the whole crowd goes CHIIINA! CHIIINA! CHIIINA!

Is there anyway to improve the video streaming quality? I guess there is not, but I don't understand the chinese signs in the video application.

#710 vixter, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  11. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    i like china and ike very much china too!! yeah!! thx for the link and translation uncle :)

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Many thanks. Objectively speaking,not just because she won, WSX is playing better and better now, more pro-active and often taking the initiative.

Not sure if I'm right - strangely in G1 especially, LXR was playing a more rallying game, matching WSX stroke for stroke in trying to move each other all over the court. Was she experimenting? If yes,it's a very good sign. It shows she is trying to widen her array of shots and developing a more flexible playing style to deal with different opponents or match situations. Perhaps she is wary of more and more of her opponents being able to read and even anticipate her attacking game and so adopts a new approach. Isn't this reminiscent of Lin Dan in his later years? If so,when she succeeds, as I believe she would,LXR will become more formidable than ever.

In G2,dictated by the need to even the score,she switched back to a more attacking game. However, in G3, for some reason reason only known to herself,she seemed unable to adjust well, errors crept in but credit should go to Shixian for upping her pace and piling on the pressure,even putting LXR on the defensive a number of times and wrong-footing her, until her opponent crumbled.

On the whole, WSX played well,her best in recent times;at this rate,she will come back soon. LXR, I suspect her fitness level is not very good,it showed in G3;maybe that's why she appeared to have taken her foot off the pedal.

13. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    how r u shixian.. i miss u so much :crying: anyone here know how's Shixian now??

14. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Wang shixian won her round 1 match! So far so good, maybe this is a return to form.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Return to form? I think so too,esp after watching her CBSL matches against LXR. She's improving and,best of all, she is attacking more than before and smashing better as well.

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Gosh, she lost to her compatriot Deng Xuan earlier today...:(

17. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    hm..... JYJ lose too :(

18. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
  19. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    next tourney :
    [h=3]Kumpoo Macau Open Badminton Grand Prix Gold 2012[/h]
    hope shixian will participate this tourney :)

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member