PREVIEW: Carlton Vapour Trail Tour / Elite

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, May 8, 2009.

1. jackyche

jackyche Regular Member

Thanks for looking up the info. I couldn't find any information on the Aerogel 4D specs.

So basically they're different rackets. Which is shocking if Dunlop decides not to use Carlton's designs. Weird.

I really like the Vapour Trail Tour's design/colors. I guess I'll order one from UK.

2. Flixor

Flixor Regular Member

You are mistaken, you are quoting the specs of the Carlton Vapour Trail Elite, not the Tour.

Tour is 84 g unstrung, even balance, medium : http://www.carltonsports.com/docs/badminton/products/rackets/vapour_trail_tour.php

3. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Yes I quoted the specs of the Carlton Vapour Trail Elite (yes there was a typo) and Dunlop Aerogel 4D Tour which were the heaviest models of the respective brand and used by the sponsored singles players. I should have been more specific.

#283 Sealman, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  4. quezac

quezac Regular Member

I promised to write a mini review of the VTT from the perspective of an intermediate player. Unfortunately I'm injured and can't play for 2-4 weeks, but I promise to post as soon as I can.

5. jin_uk

jin_uk Regular Member

Gutted. Wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to review

6. C-moon

C-moon New Member

Do anyone use Carlton Vapour Trail Pro? I found it at http://www.sportsdirect.com I check its specification and similar to Carlton Airblade S-lite. Is it new Headlight & medium flex in Vapour Trail Series?

7. mattdanielc

mattdanielc New Member

Sorry to drag up this thread...but I'm hoping some Vapour Trail Elite owners might notice this.

I'm an intermediate player - play twice a week and can play against club level players but virtually all the time I just play with friends.

Anyway I'm after a head heavy stiff flex racket - so the Elite is perfect in that sense. However it's really expensive - I can afford it - but is it overkill for someone at my level?

Cheers :)

8. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    I would say you don't need to spend lots of money on a racket—it's not going to improve your game dramatically, or at all really. Don't spend over the odds for a racket. Better to listen to coach, and to practice. Playing games against persons of your own ability won't improve your game. If you would *like a nice shiny new racket,* because it's nice and new, perhaps ask Dinkalot for a recommended cheaper equivalent.

9. Flixor

Flixor Regular Member

It is not really that expensive, I found it at 90 euros.

When you compare to other brands, it is rather cheap :)

10. quezac

quezac Regular Member

mattdanielc my advice would definately be try before you buy. The vapour trail elite is geting towards an extreme end of racket specification and may well make your game worse. You say you can play against club level players but I would sugest that the VTE is a bit too extreme for most club players, it certainly would be too much for me. On page 16 of this thread kwun states that the VTE is too stif for him and I'm sure he has a very good technique, and without both good technique and a strong wrist the racket will not work.
    Previously I promised to do a review of the VTT from the perspective of a mid-level club player, although I've given it a quick try and so far so good, I still need to test it at full power, but as I'm still having shoulder/arm problems so I'll have to do it another time.

11. jin_uk

jin_uk Regular Member

Just bought the Armortec 600 instead - much more forgiving and still head heavy plus lighter. Only £65 before it gets withdrawn completely before all the Voltrics

12. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I think the VTT is everything the ArcSaber Z-Slash proported to be, but wasn't. It packs a real punch but has a larger sweetspot, is stiffer so you get good accuracy, and was fast at the front of the net.

Only reason I sold mine is because it didnt really pull at the heart strings and I couldn't really get super excited about the way it looked. That's an awful lot of chrome to deal with!

13. quezac

quezac Regular Member

When my VTT arrived just before Christmas I waited for the family to go out, took down the tree and replaced it with the racket, fairy lights, tinsel and all!
    My opposition are advised to wear sunglasses, I take no responsibility for retinal damage.

14. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    Vapour Trail Tour

I have a Cartlon Vapour Trail Tour for sale! It's a bit chipped but otherwise very stable. With BG80 strings. Yours for £30 inclusive of postage. A bargain no less.
    Let me know if anyone wants it/wants to see pictures. Pete

15. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    VTT Racket sold—I should have put it in the sales forum though, but this seemed like a better way of reaching my target audience! So apologies site administrators nonetheless! P

16. mattdanielc

mattdanielc New Member

Thanks for the tip mate - bought an Armortec 50 for £55 :)

Head heavy and stiff flex - just what I was after! I felt a bit of a traitor leaving Carlton...

17. dr_lager

dr_lager Regular Member

Well, I finally bought the VTT - paid £69 shipped for it... but I have to wait to pick it up until I'm next in UK. I also bought a used Fireblade Tour on ebay, so I'm going to try the real comparison! I'm still loving my Powerblade Tour though. I wish it wasn't discontinued, and I also wish I hadn't missed the sale at ibadminton.com when they were selling them at 2 for £60...

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Would you recommend VTE for a beginner - intermediate? (just playing with friends)

19. gollywog

gollywog Regular Member

Most definitely not, far too stiff and demanding

20. riuryK

riuryK Regular Member

Programmer
    Hi there,

I had the chance to get either racket of the new series (VT, Air Rage and Airblade), and I've read (all the post of this thread looking for answers. Yes, all of them.

I specially liked Danstevens' reviews (page 12). I was first decided to buy a VT Tour, but right now I'm not quite sure. Danstevens said in that review that Air Rage S-Lite (the pink-black girly one :confused:) and "Toni the Tiger" VT S-Lite are quite similar, although he mentions the latters feels lighter than the former.

I don't consider myself a hard-hitter, but have a long swing. That's why I don't think a could get out the most of a stiff heavy-head racket. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but with a long swing I think a flex racket can create much more power than a stiff one, right?

Well, just wanted to ask you about these Carlton according to my style of play. Any other similar brand/model are welcome, of course.

Thanks in advance for your tips.