2014 all england draw

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2014' started by CLELY, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    On FB apparently Masidi Manjun has tweeted that LCW will be flying to the AE.

2. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    LCW AE.jpg

^^what I was saying above

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star :

All-England: It's a go for Chong Wei

by mervin menon
    [​IMG]Lee Chong Wei in training on Friday. He will meet Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk of Thailand in the first round of the All-England.

KUALA LUMPUR: It’s all systems go for world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei. He will be leaving for the All-England tournament on Saturday night.

The 31-year-old Penangite had on Friday stated that he may pull out of the tournament as he had not fully recovered from an ankle injury sustained two weeks ago during a doubles exhibition match with long-time rival Lin Dan of China.

Chong Wei, who won the All-England in 2010 and 2011, however deemed himself fit enough to compete after Saturday’s final training session at the Juara Stadium.

Although Chong Wei did not comment on the matter, national coach Tey Seu Bock confirmed his participation in the prestigious event.

“Chong Wei will be making the trip to play in the tournament,” said Seu Bock, declining to comment on the injury.

If all goes well for the singles shuttler, he will have a chance to exact revenge on world No. 2 Chen Long of China.

Chen Long defeated Chong Wei in last year’s All-England final, and again last month at the Korean Open final.

But first, the Malaysian ace will need to navigate past a tricky Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk of Thailand in the first round.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2014/03/01/All-England-Its-a-go-for-Chong-Wei/

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

With Lee CW confirmation to fly to London, now badminton fans will hope to see Lee CW-Chen L final clash once again at the NIA :)

5. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
  6. *___*

*___* Regular Member

7. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Wow! I'm so happy that they made it into the draw. I think they have a lot of potential and have very complimentary skills.

But I'm not sure how prepared they will be for this tournament. During the past 3 weeks of training camp, maybe Zhang Nan has been mostly practicing with Zhao Yunlei since he didn't expect that he'd be playing with Fu Haifeng in the AE.

8. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    I believe that should they make it to the main draw, FHF/ZN will play Hoon/Tan.

9. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    if Darren liew beats wei nan, who will he face for the next round. How to see who plays which for Qualifying 1-4. Anyone can help ?

10. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    My impression was that since there are seed 1-4 in qualification, these should correspond to the (Q1)-(Q4) for the main draw. (I don't really have a justification for this, maybe someone else can verify?)

11. otidh

otidh Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I've been following TS and concluding that seed numbers don't correspond to Q1-Q4 for the main draw. Look at the excel version and you will find out that the order of qualifying diagram is corresponding to Q1-Q4.

So, as for the MD, FHF/ZN are in the Q3 and would play against CY/KL in the main draw.

12. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    ok thanks, so winner between Darren liew or wei nan will face winner between zul or LDK. Then subsequently will meet NGUYEN ;)