Nonospeed 9900 Special Edition or Nanoray 700RP HELP CHOOSING? :D

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Pai4sale, Nov 28, 2011.

1. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

well, you can always put a overgrip an try out the racket first.

if you like = profit

if you dont like
    a) the racket, then you can sell it at mint condition with original grip
    b) the grip but you like the racket, then you only lose a few bucks (squids in your case) :p

also if you do remove the original grip, i suggest you tape the wood with some electrical tape. i sweat like rain, so the damp will ruin the wooden handle

arc9fl is a much better choice than NS9900 for intermediate & female player as its medium+ flex & slightly light head. enjoy your christmas gift to yourself :D

2. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

Thank you for your lovely ideas Moomoo. I will definitely try to wrap an overgrip around the original grip first without peeling anything just to see how thick I want my grip to be and to try out the racket like you say. I don't think my hand is as sweaty as yours lol but I will consider doing that too if I'm replacing the original grip.

The order will be delivered today and I play tomorrow. So will review and let you guys know how it feels and how it is like with me.

Thank you x

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Just to come back to this, I think we are all (most that are considering it anyway :D) waiting for the new NanoRay to come out first, the one that is expected around the All England period but has not even been anounced yet. But that's what we have come to expect from Yonex over the years ;) (so not the 500 indeed, we expect it will be higher up the in the line than the 700RP and FX)

4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

yeah but thats MONTHS away ;) and unconfirmed.

better a racket at hand then 2 rackets in the bush :p

5. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

Hi guys,

I've got my Arc9FL yesterday :D :D :D Very Happy! Directsports eshop did a brillian job of re stringing and Printing the logo back on, I almost had a go at them thinking they didn't do the re stringing as I saw the logo on the string. Then looked at the line and realized it's been re strung with BG66 Ultimax already lol It's 2UG4.

The racket itself looks smashing! so sexy! the weight is not bad either. I don't feel superlight though but it's got a good nice light head. So I went to play a game last night. Have produced a lot of good shots!I love the power of it when I tried to push the others back to the back of the court. It's quite fun to smash with it. Gives a good noise and positioning well. Strung at 23lbs. The control is amazing. But I kinda feel that the shaft is longer than my old one. So I've missed some shots that's quite easy because of that

I've tried nothing but to put an over grip on the original grip, It's not bad but I will next time just leave or change the pu grip and put nothing on top of it. The racket is 2UG4

Overall. I love it, enjoy playing with it and will practice with it more to get the best performance out of it. Thank you for you all for the suggestions of this racket. Well appreciated. TOTALLY LOVIN IT <3 xxx

6. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    you mean the other way around, 4U G2 right?
    2U would be in 90-95gr range which is not light lol!
    I'm sure it's 4U which is 80-85gr (dry weight, without over grip or replacement grip and string)

usually the length of an old racket is 665mm while new racket such as arcsaber 9FL that you bought is 675mm (1cm difference)

glad you like the racket, enjoy

7. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

Hi Avenger,

My mistake! it's 4U G4 lol aw ok a cm longer cool.

Thank You :) x

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

G4 is on the large side for a lady's hand, but if it's all they had, you were stuck:). Given how happy you are with the 9FL, I think you'd have hated the NS9900 and NS990 - they're a LOT more work!

Have a try of the NR700FX if you get the chance - it has some of the same materials tech as the 9FL.

9. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

LOL luckily my hand is not tiny so its not so bad. My old racket is G3 :S I've seen a nanospeed already and yes I think you are right it's too stiff for me, more power and control. So quite glad that I went for this one.

I will definitely do that as NanorayFX came to my attention too at the first place. What the main different between 9FL and Nanoray700FX in your opinion? Thank you :)

10. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Going by the literature, the FX should be slightly stiffer, but there won't be much in it. I think the FX comes in 4U as well, so it should be a good comparison.

11. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

nanoray700fx would have been more repulsive quicker on defence and drives. you'll fell it stiff to swing around but when you make contact you'll still get the feel of the shuttle bouncing off the racket.

the arc9fl would have more hold/control and more power and less demanding too. plus its pink, bought your hello kitty stickers yet? :p

12. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

lol I've now got a pink racket bag for it but still save the Hello Kitty Stickers for later. Don't want to scare anyone at my club off yet :p

I will definitely try the nanoray 700fx when I can but now I'm so happy with my lovely pink one :D After playing with it for almost a month, I think 23 lbs is perfect for my liking and will get it to be re strung to 24 next time if I feel daring. But like you say it's not so demanding and very all rounding which is good but with more confident and experience I might try another option.

I feel like Nanoray 700fx will be a great choice after I get my techniques and style settled after haven't played for so long. More experience will tell what style I want to and what the game I would like to play and to know how capable I am to play with a quicker stiffer more repulsive racket. But the Nanoray would be definitely the next choice I will consider if I want another racket.

#32 Pai4sale, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  13. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

14. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

OMG I LOVE THE KITTY ONE LOL hahaha I want mine stenciled like that now :D so cute! just cannot stop laughing. Will consider doing it next time when I re string mine and be brave enough.

I've now started playing with some guys who are only using feather shuttlecocks. To be honest, it is LOTS better. but with the club I don't think they can choose - hence expenses and stuff. So I think 24 lbs will be the maximum I will go to. Thank you for the comment :)

15. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

your opponents will either be OMG or WTF if they see you hello kitty logo on your pink racket.

Tensionwise, I max out at around 25lbs. Any higher it feels too harsh for me, so I play at 23/24lbs.
    also, 24 lbs for different stringers will feel different. So stick to a regular stringer that you like the work of.

16. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

It will me WTF more like lol but who cares :p better than playing **** and having a bland boring racket too isn't it, so now even I play **** at least I've still got a cool one haha

I think I'd prefer 23/24lbs like you. will try to go up to 24 lbs next time and see how it goes :D

17. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

well, I definitely would be impress by your pink racket with a hello kitty logo.

As for myself, I only have bland boring rackets :p But I do like my purple coloured overgrip.

18. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

I have now already replaced the original grip with a pink karakal pu super grip so I've got a very pink racket at the moment lol Also have a pink-black yonex racquet bag. I'm not personally a pinky girl but I don't know why :p probably want to make it stand out a bit or want to trick others that I'm not serious with it having this girly pinky stuffs haha

What racket have you got? I really want to try the nanoray 700fx soon as I want another back up one in case the string on the 9fl broken or something and after training my wrist for a few months, think I'm now ready for a stiffer shaft racquet :D

#38 Pai4sale, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  19. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    It won't ruin your racket. It remove always the original grip when I got a new racket. Karakal is a very decent grip. It will make your racket handle a lot better. But what about towel grip?;)

20. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

You think towel grip is a good choice? I've played tennis before and tried on towel grip a few time and considering tennis makes you more sweaty than badminton I still don't like it. My hands are hardly really sweaty especially playing in the UK.

Karakal is very good like you say. Very grippy and nice :D