COUNTERFEIT YONEX VOLTRIC 80 Racket VT-80

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by mms6a, Jan 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Just from reading your post, the paint, durability and weight might actually surpass a genuine VT-80 LOL. A real VT80 chips easily, some people have experienced cracks from a clash, and weird shaft rattle. Head heaviness wise, it's nothing to write home about when compared to the AT700. You might actually like your fake version more even after you buy the real thing~ I know I wasn't too impressed with this thing.

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D I know what you mean ...

And yep I guess the Made in Taiwan's come without the extra pocket (I knew it was your friend's but I didn't recall you mentioning the model nor can I even find the thread back :D):

ARC008-312986189404d675a3caaa3e13013265214d90aab9817b6.jpg

3. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher

Lol, I still find the padding on ArcSaber bags a bit thin.... Not a very beefy bag.

4. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher

I have yet to own the real VT-80, but I have used the real VT-80 borrowed from friends for a short rally and game in the club.

The shaft rattle feels alright, not too rattly, but the real one rattles a bit softer compared to the fake.

Chipped paint and cracked frames, I do not know since I have only used the real VT-80 for a short time.

However, I did find on BadmintonCentral forums where some members have cracked VT-80 frames, but most of them are from clashes, (I imagine the clash would be probably harder than the clashes I have experienced with the fake VT-80)

Also of course the MAIN DISADVANTAGE of the fake VT-80 is the LACK OF CONTROL...

But when it comes to power and smashing-wise, the fake VT-80 works great!

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    we need to see more pics of this good quality fake. can you post pics of the serial number area, as well as close up of the handle cap and grommets?

6. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Will post pics of the shaft code, butt cap, and grommets.

I cannot post the handle since it has been wrapped with 4 layers of grips, it would take me too long lol.

7. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Try and get some up, we're all very interested in fakes infiltrating north American markets. I've never seen a fake CD or US

8. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    4 layer of grips? :eek:
    that's too much, I prefer smaller grip and usually use 1 replacement grip only

9. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Well the fake racket has a very small grip... The label says 3UG5 lol... I built it to fit my big monster paws lol.. Now it is much more comfortable. OH YEAH, I did not use the ultra thick grips, I used overgrips.

If the racket was a G4 or G3, I would have use only 1 overgrip and thats it.

10. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Also, I just came back from a session with the fake VT-80 again to test durability.

My goal is to use this fake VT-80 until it breaks and count how many times this fake VT-80 can take.

So far, the VT-80 is a beast and did not show any signs of wear and tear UNTIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!

Just now when I played, I had a bit heavy clash with my partner when playing doubles, and OMG, the fake VT-80 has a chipped paint...

Also, what SURPRISED me what that the fake VT-80 actually has a very thick layer of white UNDERCOAT paint below the cool graphics. Normally I would not really expect this kind of under paint situation in fake rackets though...

But hey, I can't really say since this fake VT-80 was my first fake Yonex lol.

Anyone out there know what other fake rackets paint quality is like?

From the fairly heavy clash, (My partner has a ArcSaber Z-Slash, I don't know if his Z-Slash is genuine or fake, but he has a pretty big chip, and his Z-Slash did not have a very thick underpaint so the chipped areas are just black carbon...

After I came home, I inspected the fake VT-80 and found no cracks, only can see the small paint chip.

Since there is a thick layer of white underpaint, it is not really noticeable since the chipped paint area is where it says Trivoltage System, and on that part of the racket the color is also white.

The chipped paint took parts of the "Trivoltage System" words out lol...

Pic will come in 5 mins

11. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Pics added

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#31 mms6a, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I haven't been on for months. Miss me demolidor? lol!

Those pictures you have taken - dead give away. Can see the font of the serial is slightly off in comparison of the genuine item.

In case you may not know, I use to comment a lot on people's rackets on the forum sicne I can tell pretty easily if it's fake or not.

#32 Matt, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  13. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    one thing for sure
    getting a racket with 2888 is a dead giveaway
    usually fake maker loves to put "888" in the serial number so the seller can say
    oh, I have a VT80 with good number! wants to take a look?

and they give you 888 (since 888 is lucky for Chinese people)

another fake that I spotted today:
    Yonex Voltric 80
    Shaft: 2889878
    Cone: 208828JP

same as yours, they put many 8 in the shaft serial and also in cone code
    too bad you didn't show me the cone code

don't forget the butt cap please?
    because usually the butt cap is an easy give away to determine if it's genuine or not

14. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    208828JPfrom 2012/88/20????? I thought we only have up to dec lolAnyways for me the dead giveaway for this racket being a fake was the holo stickerthe fake Yonex holo sticker is too reflective and it has been confirmed by the shop with the yonex hologram authenticator card lolI still feel that this fake quality is not bad other than the lack of controlbuild quality is not bad tooon BadmintonCentral I have seen many members with real VT80s that has cracked shafts and frames after just a short period of usagequality of fakes are catching up thoughYonex on the other hand might actually be decreasing in qualitymy VT70 and my Arc 5DX chips quite easily..My older MP21 and MP99 are used for many years now and almost has no chipsall my rackets has been clashed once or twice at least lol

15. Jernan

Jernan Regular Member

It came to many people's attention that the newer rackets yonex makes seems to have dropped in 'quality', not that it's paintwork is off or something, but the rackets are more fragile than b4, easier chips, and higher risk of breaking. The armortec 900 is a pretty solid racket, one of my friends who is quite rich has clashed his 900 power b4 quite hard but luckily did not break, while his new vt80 is pretty much screwed after clashing (which he said is around the same zone as the 900, perhaps 10 o'clock but the clash is lighter as he could remember) and he had to buy another one. His new zslash also cracked, and his general review is that the new rackets chip, scratch and break more easily than b4. Here I have a living testimonial to yonex' build quality, search the forum and you can find more similar reviews. Perhaps yonex, in the quest for speed and lightness, make stuff thinner (i.e. the nanopreme shaft) and though whatever fancy technology used, it does not get any more solid.