Sudirman Cup 2009 Day 5: May 14

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2009' started by chris-ccc, May 13, 2009.

1. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    The order of play is quite important la....especially the 3rd match.

2. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I don't know how the order of play is determined but during the last Sudirman Cup, they were drawn out of a hat (I think only for the finals). But if KKK or WPT are playing XD, I think the organisers would accomodate that.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..no, i did not mention it will be an exhibition tie (i mentioned "i won't be surprised if they field their younger players")..:p...But if you say so, okay then..;)
    ..if that really happens, there's no guarantee either for INA to win their SF tie against either MAS or KOR..;)
    ..IMO, if fielded, those players/pair are their best shot & chance for upending the Danes..good luck!:cool:

#23 ctjcad, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Early nap time??..

..early nap time??..sleep now, wake up in abt 6 hrs time??..;)
    ..order of play is usually determined if there are players involved in other/multiple events..

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..meant to write "..either MAS or DEN.."

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Krisna also just wrote to me that INA is going to field their strongest lineup :eek: Quite surprising really......

In that case:
    XD: Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir vs He Hanbin/Yu Yang (since Yu Yang has to play WD) -- Nova/Butet have yet to lose to He/Yu last year, so, I will think they have a slight slight advantage.

WS: Maria Kristin Yulianti vs CHN's any WS player -- now, this is the crucial one...I will give the pt to CHN.

MS: Sony Dwi Kuncoro vs Lin Dan -- again, Lin Dan should take this one.

WD: Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii vs Du Jing/Yu Yang -- now, this is also a crucial tie. Depending on how Yu Yang's stamina, the INA pair could sneak a surprise win. Remember, this pair has beaten Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei before. Nevertheless, the CHN pair holds an edge.

MD: Hendra Setiawan/Mohd Ahsan vs Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun -- if the score is tied at 2-2, then, Hendra/Ahsan could play an important role by winning this match. Considering Hendra Setiawan's cool and composed mind whenever he plays Fu/Cai (never lost to them since the China Masters SS Final 2007), I will think the INA MD pair holds a slight edge.

I still think CHN will take it 3-2 or 4-1.

7. vching

vching Regular Member

Student

MAS or DEN are easier opponents than KOR.

A full blown match is what we want! :D:D

8. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    Forgive me if I'm a bit behind time, but there was once a time where Natsir/Marrissa was INA's top WD pair. Where di Vita go?

INA will have to pray for a point from Sony or Maria. Maria has a bigger possibility of an upset.

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MAS vs DEN possible lineup:

XD: Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazary/Wong Pei Tty vs Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl -- the DEN pair holds an edge, but, I am not surprised either if the MAS pair can steal the first tie.

WS: Wong Mew Choo vs Nana Brosolat Jensen -- absolutely no question abt this one, Wong has to win!

MS: Lee Chong Wei vs Peter Gade -- ditto for LCW. He holds a slight edge over Peter.

MD: Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong vs Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen -- if LCW happen to lose to Peter, then, this tie is absolutely crucial for MAS and a must-win! Likewise for DEN, if the score is 2-1 in their favor, Boe/Mogensen will have extra incentive to beat Koo/Tan. A 50-50 game, but recent encounters do favor the MAS pair.

WD: Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui vs Lena Frier-Kristensen/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl -- I think MAS will have won the tie by now, but, if the score is poised at 2-2, this ultimate decider will be hell of a game! Both pairs each have a player who will be playing in XD. The MAS pair has a slight edge.

Overall, I think MAS will be able to edge out DEN 3-2 or 4-1. God forbids if they lose as chaos might strike BC yet again with lots of "see...I told u so" postings ;)

#29 badMania, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  10. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

I think these will be China's line-ups
    Zheng/Ma
    Lin dan
    Wang Lin/Yihan
    Fu/Cai
    Du/Yu

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Vita Marissa has left the National team and become an independent player.

12. copadh

copadh Regular Member

Vita has left national training camp and become independent player following Taufik, Flandy, Alvent, etc, since february '09, if i'm not wrong...

13. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    The Danes might field LP/JR in place of Boe/Morgensen since the season campaigner holding a slightly advantages over KKK/TBH and the later was not in form in GZ..

14. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    Damn... I liked her :p:p

15. fantastic4

fantastic4 Regular Member

Student
    If INA field their strongest team, could it be a warm up match before they meet again on the grand final ? :p And it will be an interesting match to be watched. Unfortunately, I can't watch it since I have something to do tonight. :mad:

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..it could be a bluff. But then again, i think they know their best chance to reach the Final Rd. is to beat CHN & win the Group...They could also use this opportunity to gauge their match temperament if in case they should advance to the Final Rd and meet up with CHN..Hope nothing drastic or a freak accident happens to one of INA top players..
    ..IMO, out of the 2, MAS could prove to be the tougher foes..

Good luck to team INA..

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

True....INA can steal pts in WS, MD, WD, and XD if they face DEN in the SF.

Whereas, chances are, if INA is facing MAS, then the only discipline INA has an advantage will be XD. MAS also has a clear advantage only in MS. The others: MD, WS, and WD will be hard fights.

18. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think tie between Chn and INA is going to be tough, as both team want to avoids KOR in SF.........MAS or Den are relatively easier opponent compared to KOR......

So Both Chn and INA will fill their 1st choice team tonight....

19. fantastic4

fantastic4 Regular Member

Student
    But isn't it better for INA to face MAS / DEN in SF rather than KOR since KOR has a good players in all sectors ?

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I double-checked with Krisna. He did confirm that INA is going all-out against CHN! Now, will CHN field a weaker lineup :cool: