Customworqs

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by f1rst, Oct 28, 2012.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    maybe i like flashy things but i do like the racket from the first few pix cos it's shiney :) after seeing the pix i'm more curious as to how it plays, all i need to do now is to figure out the specs of my carlton vapour trail vanquish and have them make one just like it, or maybe the vapour trail tour?

sketchy or not, for me it would be nice to have a racket that's not too accessible to the generate public yet, and if it doesn't hit well, then i'll just hang it on my wall as a collected item :)

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

It was sketchy before we started to know more about the background and if the pound symbol had been a euro symbol it might have been interesting for me as well to try. But I guess until someone around here has done an unbiased review it is still an unknown quantity. Did you complete the customizer tool? Not sure if it really works or maybe it does as the outcome is as close as possible from the available options to what I put in as my current racket and preferred specs ...
    Colourwise, the white, matte silver and red (if non-metallic finish) are my favourites, gold one alternatively. The first pics posted here are supposed to be the black version but in the rendered pic and here it still looks more graphite than black ... (?)

As for the oval stuff and such: I assume a custom mold must have been made and from what I've read in the past they aren't cheap ...
    Other factories already have molds for different frame shapes I believe from which to choose but might have other drawbacks (graphite quality perhaps).

3. Eddie Hang

Eddie Hang Regular Member

Marketing and Sales Director
    Hi Demolidor (and others), the first set of pics is referred to on the customworqs site as Gun Metal. The first orders are being manufactured at the moment and will be with customers just before Xmas. Thanks

4. Eddie Hang

In addition on price, Demolidor, if you're outside the EU then the website won't charge you VAT and all shipping is free including any import duty charges. Might tempt you!!???

5. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Never give-up on things that WORKS well for you :D. Now, while I know Yonex has probably given up on further development on the Cabs. I found that GOSEN is continuing to do so (while I was looking into their strings) ... I was so tempted by the GOSEN RYOGA SHIDEN racquet - an "OVAL" top-of-the-range powerhouse .... doing more fact-finding about it ... cost a pretty BOMB too, almost USD200 !!!! :eek:

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1324

#85 maxout, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  6. gundamzaku

working professional
    that racket from badminton alley in California, USA is 225USD plus tax!!!

you have expensive tastes, but now i'm curious about that racket!!!

7. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I did not say I am buying, I am just FACT FINDING first :p .... so far, very interesting ... it looks like an OVAL head version of the VTZF except that it is even-balanced !! :confused:

If it is, man, that will be a REAL KILLER of a racquet !! :eek: - a REAL SAMURAI sword !!

#87 maxout, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  8. gundamzaku

working professional
    Carlton has something called "circometric" that's oval at 12 o'clock but gets quite "big" toward the bottom of the frame like an iso frame, you might like that?

and if customwerqs has a frame like that, then i'm sold hehehehe

9. maxout

maxout Regular Member

While Yonex, Li-Ning and APACs can be found in HUGE ABUNDANCE in Malaysia, good (high end) racquets from Gosen, Carlton, Karakal etc are RARE breed here .... Yonex is just too dominant and choke off all other top competitors in Malaysia ... even strings by other brands need to search high and low for them and not cheap at all !! :(

I am a person who will not buy a racquet WITHOUT feeling it first, so ... big problem here .... :rolleyes:

10. gundamzaku

working professional
    well if you do travel for work, that's the best time to do it. blow off a meeting and go demo rackets while in a different country, playing badminton on company $$$, hehehe, jk.

#90 gundamzaku, Dec 7, 2012
  11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Didn't hear it called Circometric before :D. When it first came out on the Vapour series it was known as Optimetric, and following the Circometric link leads straight back to Optimetric (?) but I see the Circo now with pretty much the same description (must say the Kinesis looks a lot wider than Vapour) ... Whatever they call it now it was known as iso-oval before on the Z-Slash for example for lack of a proper word :eek:. Customworqs looks like a full isometric frame ...

Here was my reply to your Gosen "discovery" btw (being a bit off topic in this thread) ;)

#91 demolidor, Dec 7, 2012
  12. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I do agree on being off-topic here, ok, time for me to "bugger off" to the right RYOGA thread :p

13. Eddie Hang

A couple more pics of the Customworqs Gloss Gold and Gloss Electric B IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0010.jpg IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0016.jpg lue frames.

14. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Designs and decals look very much like CARLTON ... :D nice ...

15. gundamzaku

working professional
    Maxout, thx for the info!Eddie, now ur just showing off and appealing to my love for shiny rackets!!!! :)

16. gundamzaku

working professional
    Like the blue but love the gold! I guess it's because I can see myself swinging the racket while playing :)

17. gundamzaku

working professional
    Thx for the clarification. The air blade is circometric and I love the feel of the vibration thru the head frame with I hit :)

18. Eddie Hang

19. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

Just purchased one of these. Head heavy - medium weight (i will be adding 16 g of towel) - stiff. It says to give 4 weeks of time for it to be delivered.. I will give my best review of the racquet that I can. One thing to note is the site shows everything in Euros.. and when I converted it to canadian it was only going to cost me 150.00 but when I was paying for it.. suddenly the currency was BGP and actually cost me a little over 180.00.... kind of bogus in my opinion or maybe i'm just not familiar with the currencies there?

20. Eddie Hang

Hi Tranqq, the price is always displayed in £ which is the sign for British Pounds however you're comments are valid as you are a consumer. As such I will ask our web developer to put "GBP" in front of the "£" to make it more obvious.

The price is shown as "excluding VAT" during the customisation process as it depends what country you are having the racket shipped to as to whether VAT is applied at the end. If you are not in the European Union then you do not pay VAT. If you are in the European Union, then you must pay VAT as this is the European Law. The VAT is then added on at the end if applicable when you enter the country delivery address. The website has to be built this way to be legally correct.

I can see your order in the system and it has not applied VAT which is correct. I am happy to void the order if you feel the website has not communicated the price clearly however I hope the above explanation is clear - that the website is set up using internationally recognised symbols for British Pounds. Please let us know.