New Victor Racquet - The Meteor X80 ( MX80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Dec 19, 2010.

1. meteor

meteor Regular Member

I am going to give the mx80 a chance of course, I love it and I only just bought it :) But it's good to know that the mx70 provides similar qualities while it saves the tendons. I ordered the bs10 too.
    I haven't experienced a good medium flex racket so perhaps it time to look into that. too.
    The problem is that in UK there's only one online retaliler that sells Victor (Centralsports), and they've got only bs10, 12 and mx80 from the meteor and bs series. I havent seen mx70 available anywhere yet in UK.

2. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    i have just bought the the racket. The only racket that I have now. So I must do whatever it takes to make the racket best for me.

3. meteor

meteor Regular Member

I had a great club night with the mx80 and the new bs10. Both are great rackets but quite different.
    The bs10 definitely flexes more than the mx and has an insanely fast swing. Its quite a lot lighter too. While I enjoyed the great speed, feel and accuracy of the bs10, my timing for overhead shots was completely off. In fact, much worst than I experienced with the ZS in the begining.
    I know it's a great racket but it was a little frustrating mishiting - got annoyed at some point and switched to mx midgame :D

The mx80 is by far the best racket I ever experienced. It's razor sharp, power is huge, perfect feel - makes me feel very confident when I play.

The bs10 has a faster swing than the ZS in my opinion - look forward to be able to master it.

4. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

Guess you can use ur BS when you feel your swing is slowing due to tiredness.

5. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

6. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Teaser image

SAM_2038.JPG

7. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    Wah amir .. got a new weapon..welcome to victor club :D..

8. Porky

Porky Regular Member

9. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

manufacturer defect?

10. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    thanks awekuda. at last i got my victor. haha. do the sunday session is still on? hope can join back. really enjoy playing with ur gang. =)

11. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    sunday session no more :( , i'm joining others group already.. still at same place but on monday :D. i will let you know next session :D..

12. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    thanks awekuda! =)

13. meteor

meteor Regular Member

After re-stringing a couple of times (bg80, bg65) and working out the best balancing for the racket (mostly thanks to Maklike, cheers mate!) I enjoyed some great playing sessions with the mx80. Nominal weight is 94.2g and balance point 304mm with a (very stretched) Karakal Super Pu replacement grip and one Yonex overgrip. Resulting grip size is thin, much thinner than what I thought is ideal for my hand - circumference 90mm, but now I love it.
    I think the key for me was to grip it as light as possible (for nominal weight) and as head heavy as possible - speed during doubles games is excellent while power and feel are great too. Arm pain is no longer such a problem - still hurts a bit but that's more to do with my technique :)

14. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I played with my new MX80 last night and tested out the MX70 I got for my brother.

I'm probably going to order another MX80 now :)
    It could be the combination of string (vs850@26lbs) and racket, but I haven't played with something that was so different and so easy to use in a LOOOONG time.

I normally play with a 4u Panda Trinity Pro w/BG80 @ 27lbs and a Ti-10 3rd gen with same string/tension.

As for the MX70, I found that I can hit easier smashes with it. I'll have to test it over the weekend to see, but the tension on the MX70 is 25lbs so that could probably account for the difference.

The thing about the MX80 that I remember the most in my head is control and stability. They were dropping smashes at me last night and I was just easily placing the returns exactly where I wanted them. Drive back, lift to corner, lift to other corner, cross-drop, all were very easy and very precise!

15. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    dimcorner, mx80 is so easy to use?? u have such a giant powerful arm!!! i am struggling like hell to adapt with those rackets. Almost 9 hours but still miss hit the shuttles sometimes in the game.. it's good u found ur racket!

16. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I'm not that big actually. I'm 5ft 7in (1.68m) and 145lbs (

17. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    sorry, what i mean is u have such a powerful arm.

18. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

Well what I'm trying to say is that is mostly technique. I don't really smash that hard to be honest but I get a lot of control and stability from this racquet. I do miss hit every now and then and I'm by no way a pro (I put a link of me playing a game in the training section). I'm guessing I'm comfortable with it because I'm not looking for ultimate power out of the racquet, but overall feel and control with decent power. My smashes are mostly for placement to make a short smash or a net kill on the next shot. I don't usually try to put a smash thru someone. :)

19. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

20. mxr_071

mxr_071 Regular Member

Is there a big difference between 3U and 4U for MX80 beside the weight?