Stringing pattern Volrtic Z Force 2

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kakinami, Jul 11, 2014.

1. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Any recommendations on how to string Voltric Z Force 2? I know I should have thought of this earlier but was looking for what people think?

What I have been doing was on my right side, the grommet strip mains on head 6 and 7, 8 and 9 are under on the grommet strip and 10 and 11 are up on the grommet strip and left side it is oppisite, 6 and 7, 8 and 9 are over and 10 and 11 is under. My cross starts on left side over so when I get to cross 15 as it comes out on right side it is under the grommet strip, as cross 16 goes in under the mains on outside of frame it starts weaving up creating a hard weave. My thought is with a hard weave the strings will keep straight, having a tighter string plane on top. I kinda believe this is just a guess but it also keeps the stringing plane more uniform.
    This pic is Pink Mains, Red Crosses. From left to right, this is a pic of main 11-10 up, 9-8 and 7-6 down. Cross 16 going through main 11-10 is under, crosses 19 going through main 9-8 and cross 21 going through main 7-6 are on top.
    VTZF2.jpg

This pic is main 9-8 which are under and cross 19 on top, but as it is woven through it goes under main 8 creating a hard weave with more friction and the cross staying tighter and straighter VTZF22.jpg
    Just looking for feedback!!!
    Thanks!!!
    :)

2. indra81

indra81 Regular Member

owner
    main = cross or cross +2 lbs

3. Cillu

Cillu Regular Member

Racquet Tech
    That was kinda of hard to understand, but I'll attempt to answer this.

I'm guessing what you're trying to say is that the cross strings are twisting while you're pulling them through due to the mains in the way? If that's the case, in regards to the second picture where there is a single cross hole adjacent to a main, you shouldn't have a problem because there's a separator for the VTZF2 that makes one string sit above and one string below so they won't touch and it won't create friction and twisting.

Another method is you can try to use the string mover (awl in your case :rolleyes:) and move the main string (if its a blocked shared hole) and pull all the cross string through so there will be less friction on the mains and crosses whilst you're pulling the cross through. This reduces tangling and twisting, but you can't do the 1 over technique and will need to hard weave the cross. I only do this when there is friction between the main and cross that causes twisting. This can work with both shared and single grommets.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Another way to avoid twisting is to pull the string through the racket in two stages. You can still use one-ahead, too.

For example, put the string through A16 on one side, weave it, pull all the slack through (letting go of the loose end), and then go through A16 on the other side.

5. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

There is no problem stringing. My question is if you understand hard weave and soft weave, would you go with a hard weave to create a little friction to prevent tension loss or go with a soft weave to have a softer forgiving string plane.

6. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

There is no problem stringing. My question is if you understand hard weave and soft weave, would you go with a hard weave to create a little friction to prevent tension loss or go with a soft weave to have a softer forgiving string plane. If that makes any sense. Just putting it out there fir the technical stringer.

7. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Marky Mark! Do you think I would have a problem stringing a racket and have twisting? It is a technical question debating hard weave and soft weave =P

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Hard-weave all the way; "forgiving" just means "soft" to my mind:).

9. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Sorry to interject here with no answers for the OP, but normally on rackets I always weave 1 ahead method so I always get a soft weave. Are you guys saying there are advantages to doing hard weave?? If so whats the deal?or just for z force 2. I thought when the strings are all pulled there will be no extra/less friction on either method? thanks

#9 craigandy, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  10. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Because there is a grommet strip where your main and crosses are seperated my question was when stringing through the grommet strip do you make your cross a hard weave, meaning if your main is on bottom of grommet strip do you go under on your cross, more friction, or soft weave, main on bottom you go up on your cross, less friction on cross. Does it make sense?

11. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Yep sorry didn't read it well enough, I see exactly what you mean. It will cause more friction I suppose but, is it not specifically designed to be done the soft way?
    I haven't tried it both ways but I am assuming the soft weave is the way to go. Doing the soft weave way IMO will obviously leave the outer rim of the string bed less tight and give you increased liveliness over a regular grommet pattern and surely a lot more lively than a hard weave leaving the outer rim of bed super stiff. But I would need to try it.

#11 craigandy, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  12. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Thanks! That was the feedback I was looking for!!!!

13. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Just to add I am coming from a place where tension loss is almost a non issue for me personally due to my frequency of snappage! after the initial 24hr drop(which I can adjust for when stringing) I do not observe much before they snap. So I would take the increased bang any day of the week. But maybe different for less frequent snappers.

14. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Just out of curiosity wouldn't you think most people playing with this racket, I did say most, chose this racket for its stiffness, more control? Wouldn't a super stiff string bed compliment the racket better? Your thoughts...

15. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

People usually want their cake and to eat it so I suggest soft weave. Here is the thinking, soft weave way is like a version of proportional stringing without the tension leaking throughout the string bed after a couple sessions.
    The outer rim is not used to hit the shuttle and is crazy stiff anyway. Having the outer rim the soft weave should make the sweet spot slightly larger and give the bed more bang for power I think. I can't see losing out on control because the area you are hitting should have nearly the same stiffness either way you string and the exactly the same stiffness for any softer shots.
    If you believe in the philosophy(not reality as the tension leaks doing it manually) of proportional stringing then I think this soft weave way achieves it in a sense.