Who can replace Datuk Lee Chong Wei

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by shooting stroke, Mar 13, 2009.

1. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    err....wch is quite old for that.

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ah ha, I see you've been following the developments of the back-up squad though you're all the way in HK ;).
    If they're sent to few major tourneys only(happened in 2007, 2008), they cant improve their WR-> cant break into main draw,etc.The other points were discussed last yr.

This year, due to global economic slowdown, there's a budget cut across the board, -> less tourneys for all, from elite to juniors( i.e. BJSS,etc). The younger players(Chan Kwon Beng et al) get less opportunities than the seniors.
    That's why some of us think Zulfaldi's dad was smart to sign him with KLRC.

#42 eaglehelang, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Maybe you suld read my question again. I asked do we have a back up to the back up elite squad??? If you still cant understand, pm me for some private tuition. You are not that bad actually at least you dont go rambling about some newspapers which has no bearing whatsover to my question.

4. waja11

waja11 Regular Member

Ok i understand wat u mean..but wat i want u to understand is..if they can fight with the upcoming talents from china,it shows that their standard i not far behind them..and wat it got to do with the word elite???is not important at all..wat is important is where their stand among the upcoming talents from china..if they can fight tooth and nail with them then naturally they got a chance to win some titles..am i right??and pls don always compare with china..do u know how much money they spent producing these athletes compare to us????so pls dun keep comparing them..

5. waja11

waja11 Regular Member

I agree with u that they haven won any title yet..but so did the current batch of youngsters from china they did not win any title also..other than lin dan,bao chunlai and chen jin the second batch would be lu yi,qui yanbo and maybe gong weije and did they win any tournaments?i think only lu yi won 1 last year in russia..so u know wat i am trying to say?

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...i tot my thread also have abt back up squad news eh????either one of us must be come from another planet...cant understand each other....

7. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    There is still hope

Certainly, at this point of time there are no one from the backup that can replace Datuk Lee Chong Wei. We just hope that the backup squad can improve signifficantly within this couple of years to fill up the void that Datuk LCW will sooner vacant.

As it looks bleak currently, there is still one youngster that can still give some potential hope if any of our backup fails or other junio players fail:).

Misbun Ramdan Mohmed Misbun, 17y.o ( Son of our legendary badminton maestro, Datuk Misbun Sidek)

[​IMG]

Quoted from theStar newspapper dated 25th Feb 2009:

"Heading to the top: According to national badminton coach, Datuk Misbun Sidek, Misbun Ramdan Mohmed Misbun has all the ingredients of a top player because he was exposed to the sport of the highest level at a very young age".

Hopefully Datuk Misbun is right. No one can't get a much more better exposure like Misbun Ramdan as his father, Datuk Misbun and his uncles (the Sidek Brothers) Rashid, Razif and Jailani Datuk Sidek trains him, as he said to theStar:
    "I think I’m lucky because all my life I’ve had great coaches. My uncles Rashid, Razif and Jalani have all trained me,”
    and top of that, his regular sparring partner...who else, Datuk LCW himself:p:p:p:p:p:p
    "Other advantages of Ramdan continuing his father’s and indeed his whole extended family’s legacy is having Olympic silver medallist, Datuk Lee Chong Wei, as a regular sparring partner."

Currently with Nusa Mahsuri, hopefully Misbun Ramdan can spark some light beyond the tunnel in the future of Malaysia Single Badminton event as far as we are concern as well as contuining the great legacy left from his father and uncles. We'll just see:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i dont think misbun ramdam is better than zulfadli

9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Surrounded by the best shuttlers won't guarantee you to be a good shuttler.
    So, do not generalizing.

Hey..i hope there'll be more exposure for him. Good to see him playing, while his father watching as a coach.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

OH yes, forgot about Misbun Ramdan, he & his younger bro will/have signed with Nusa Mahsuri.

11. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Goo......Misbun Ramdan Go............

12. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

I just hope LCW won't play to the point where it doesn't matter anymore....... kinda like WCH. Hardly ever see him pass quarter final stage since long long time ago.

13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I think ramdan is the selangor top junior...

Not younger brother I think is his older brother, more of a double player...

he carry a lot of burden and expectation...

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well....if he is under 19 this year...he will not able to send to wjc too...i believe...:rolleyes:

15. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    ...4-5 years down the road...nobody yet...
    CWF still lack behind....
    maybe KBH still can :D:D:D

16. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Actually what is the real reason behind the lack of progress by the other MAS Shuttler. Lack of training or lack of talent?

17. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Important question.
    Poor ability to prioritize. Upcoming wins are more important than the previous one.
    Administration, coaches and players. All have to take the responsibilities.

Blaming game in unnecessary, however. I'd like all of them to learn from it.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm....for me...the reason is:
    1)still need to study when train badminton=the future is not secured(parent opinion and goverment policy)i mean for under 19....some after spm still continue study....
    2)and the 1st reason is because the income of badminton is not enough....for those back up....or bjss student....actualy...it is chicken and egg question...

and many more...anyway....the reason have been debate for many time....so...case close...:rolleyes:

19. JennyHo

JennyHo New Member

student
    Nobody can replace Datuk Lee Chong Wei in my heart or Malaysia badminton team. He is the world ranking #1 player and a role model to all the junior players like myself.:)

20. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Hey....sweet.:)