Li Ning Woods N80

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blitzzards, Nov 14, 2011.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

i've always wanted a racket, where the "The rod had not seen the emergence of identity" :p:p:p

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Why replace it when it works? tennistown.de currently offers the SW35 at 75€ a piece if you take 2 or more. For one, 80€. I was very tempted indeed. This one - when it's released eventually - will not, as the price will doubtlessly be sky-high.

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

hmm, that offer is very tempting doubt i can justify getting 2, although maybe i can make a decent offer to take all remaining stock from them :p its shipping thats the problem, in saying this, i could probably buy two SW35 for 1 N80. Will look into the offer though, thanks!:D

4. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

I think I just had a little orgasm looking at this racket.

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    It's very Azn. I almost expect it to have a jade end cap!

6. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

Let me see if I can follow the train of thought here... it looks asian because it's all silverish like those swords in martial art films? Oh that's so racist... lol

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. I never considered that, but that train of thought is....amusing^^ And not entirely untrue, you have to admit :D

8. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

But than there are other shiny rackets out there though... I've got a Wilson BLX and that's shiny as well(ok that's one of the reason I got it, damn and I'm asian) :eek:

9. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Nope. It looks Asian because culturally, red and gold are very important, which is why every second piece of badminton gear is red or gold or a combo of both. And admit it - you now want that thing to have a jade end cap, right!?! I know I do....

10. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Not sure about the gold part, too much gold would make a racket look tacky, just my opinion... As to jade end cap, it would be heavier than your plastic end cap, but now that you mentioned it, I want one!!!!

11. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

I don't quite agree with Maklike that the racket looks Asian because of the red and gold. Both colors are not prominent at all comparing to the vast amount of silver.

True, there are some other shiny silver rackets like BLX or RSL X2. But most people will have the preconceived notion that rackets manufactured by Wilson are distinctively White products because they are made by an American company. On the other hand, the brand name Li-ning simply screams Chinese...

I have my money on Chinese sword reference... the silver and pointy frame shape cannot be wrong :D

12. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I think it's got the bravesword frame shape as well... Speaking of Li Ning, I wonder when is their "official" launch in the US, I don't think it's going to go very well but than who knows....

13. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

latest news from li-ning canada

LI-NING ESTABLISHES CANADIAN DISTRIBUTION
    $Billion Sports Apparel Company Comes to
    Burlington, Ontario

Phone: 289.812.0778 e-mail: lcarter@goextremesales.com

BEIJING, CHINA (Dec. 6, 2011) Li-Ning (Beijing) Sports Commercial Goods Co., Ltd, a $1.3 Billion (U.S.) sports apparel company, has established Canadian operations in Burlington, Ontario, announced Len Carter of Extreme Sales Group Inc. which was awarded the exclusive Canadian distribution rights earlier this month.

The company will implement a rapid multi-channel distribution strategy as early as the second quarter of 2012. A badminton-focused product mix that caters to the Canadian marketplace initially will be promoted through the Li-Ning Canada Web site and an innovative marketing strategy will be deployed to provide significant funding to the national / provincial badminton associations and numerous high level coaches and athletes.

Li-Ning Company Limited (SEHK: 2331) is a major Chinese athletic company that manufacturers athletic shoes and a variety of sporting goods. Li-Ning branded products are geared toward consumers who participate in sports such as badminton, table tennis, running, fitness, basketball, football and tennis. Li-Ning considers Nike and Adidas its main global competitors.

The company endorses a number of athletes and teams in a variety of sports in
    China and around the world. A full sponsorship of the Chinese National Badminton team, including world renowned and Olympic Gold Medalist Lin Dan, began in 2010. The Chinese National Badminton Team sponsorship, along with many other high-profile endorsements, has elevated the profile of the Li-Ning brand worldwide.

The company was founded in 1990 by Li-Ning, a former Chinese gymnast who won six Olympic Medals at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games. Li-Ning remains the chairman of the company's board of directors today. In 2010 Li-Ning posted revenues of more than $1.3 billion (
    U.S.). As of March 2011 there were more than 8,500 domestic Li-Ning retail stores. Li-Ning flagship stores are up to five stories and showcase the full assortment of Li-Ning branded products. The company directly owns some of the retail stores while others are franchised.

Li-Ning opened its U.S. headquarters and flagship store in
    Portland, Oregon in January 2010. This U.S. location will remain and operate as a research and development center while all distribution efforts will be transferred to Extreme Sales Group Inc. in Canada and a newly-appointed distributor in the
    United States.

14. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

15. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    It's a gold Bravesword 10!

16. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Interesting, tried reading the review but my simplified chinese isn't very good but from what the reviewer said, the frame of the N80 is smaller than the N90 by about 12.17% and the sweet spot of the racket is moved towards the upper part of the racket... Mid/flexy shaft but doesn't play like a flexible shaft.... Excellent drive racket and powerful smash with good accuracy.... Reviewer stated many times it is a very very fast racket that packs power, wonder if it's true....

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Specs are super nice, right up my alley.

Except for the Li-Ning prices, which generally aren't right up my alley.

Still, it seems to tick an awful lot of boxes......

18. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah it said that the frame is smaller by around 12.17%. Semi-Iso frame then..

19. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

Its a BS11 Z-slash! :eek::p

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Most Probably...:p