New gosen 7900 and 8900

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chirigamii, Feb 21, 2008.

1. chirigamii

chirigamii Regular Member

Hi, I have seen on internet the new models of gosen racket 7900 and 8900. Have you heard about these rackets? Have you tried it? Where can I buy it because I live in France? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Sincerely

Sincerely Regular Member

In Thailand not have 8900 but have 7900 and 6900. However 6900 in Thailand is good than 7900.

3. chirigamii

Ok, I will look for a 6900 I think, sucha nice racket

4. DevilG

DevilG Regular Member

I'm also interested in these Gosen rackets. Unfortunately, seems that not many people here have tried them out.

5. radar_s

radar_s Regular Member

Architect
    I still like the old 7900 colour.:)

6. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

gosen make good racquets.
    different but good.

i've got the 6900. very nice and if u can whip the racquet with its flex point wow the booming sound is very satisfying.

7. chirigamii

I have buy a gosen 6900, I will receive it in few days, very impatient to try this racket!!!

8. skyeast

skyeast New Member

9. arcaloveher

arcaloveher Regular Member

Engineer
    So has anyone tried out the 8900/7900?
    Anyone know what is the price like for both of the rackets in M'sia?

10. badmad

badmad Regular Member

how do you guys rate the fragility of gosen rackets? I haven't had chance to play with gosen rackets much. I used to own an aermet 1800 but broke it in a clash with my brother's cab25.. :(

11. event

event Regular Member

I didn't see the 8900 in Thailand. I was very close to buying the 6900 but went with the stiffer, cheaper Victor PW11 instead.

We're getting some funny Gosens here these days. The x900 series appeared briefly then disappeared and now we have these x800's that seem to be unique to Korea. You can look at them by clicking "Gosen" on the left edge of this page but they won't likely ship overseas.

12. daz24sg

daz24sg Regular Member

Student
    durability of my roots 6900 was good. Clashed it several times, racket flew out of my hand, hit the badminton post once. I restring it at 28 lbs, still serving me well after near to a year.

13. kristian

kristian Regular Member

So has anyone try to compare ,which one is better gavun 8900 or 6900 boonsak model,cause i'm thinking to buy one of them.

14. Humphrey

Humphrey New Member

Computer Engineer
    A Bankok shop sale Gosen 8900/7900/6900

s

Hi,

I just found out a shop sale the Gosen and others rackets in Bankok from Google. The price of reacket of Gosen are cheap compare with Hong Kong. Your guys may interesting it. I want to buy some Gosen racket, but I''m in Australia...:crying:
    http://www.mybadlookbad.com/home_t-eng.html

15. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

Does anyone here knows whether Gosen are made in Japan for the x900 series? If it is then the price is justified , if not..not justified.

16. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Yes, all the Aermet Roots models are Japanese made.

17. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

Sorry...it's not true for all. The ones availble in Malaysia has a QC label printed...check by "chinese name" and meet the Japan standard. No printing of "Made in Japan"...only "Japan"...which obviously tell us that it is made in China by a Japan company. If it is made in Japan, the "Made in Japan" will be printed clearly on the racket....it's the brand...

18. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Well, the distributors in Thailand and Vietnam say unequivocally that the ones they have are Made In Japan. True, they could be telling a fib and unless I hold one in my hand and look at it I won't know for sure.

I still fail to see what relevance where something is made has. Quality Control is Quality Control, and honestly I think the days of "Something made in China must be crap because it's Made in China and they're crap" is well and truly over.

Heck, my Head M8000 racquet has a Made in China sticker on it, and do I feel like it's inferior because of it? Nope. Would I pay extra for a Made in Japan sticker? Nope.

19. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

Made in Japan still command a higher price. With the recent made in China Milk..you will guess the quality control that they have. Quality control is just a spec..the mentality of the people working or handling the product is significant factors. Thru the years we have seen and acknowledge that Japanese produces their product with pride...example we have same model of cars in Singapore..toyota...one is made in Thailand & the other is made in Japan....feedback from users...a lot of issues with made in Thailand Toyota...as compared to the ones made in Japan....and of course the price differ as well. Worse off, I heard spec spec for the parts for Thailand made are wider compared to Japan's..any way I will still pay slightly more if it's made in Japan...but not more than 20% of the made in other country....

20. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

The milk saga is not about QC but about legislation. My iMac and Macbook Air are both made in China. The fit and finish is incredible.

Generally, QC methods specify the tolerance (range) of what is acceptable. Even if the tolerance is the same between 2 factories, one may excel in their processes and manage to produce goods within even tighter tolerance.

Remember that post WW2 meaning of "Japanese Goods" carries an insult against their quality. The Japanese have made such tremendous improvements to their QC they now lead the rest of the world. Their methods are the model for most manufacturing practices. QC in China/Thailand is unlikely to stand still either. Eventually, it's those who do not improve that falls behind.