*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Wow. You have both cars....man, I'm deprived:eek::(:(

2. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

LOL! No, I'm just saying it's that hard to pick...I wish I have both cars. :(

3. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I think what he meant was choosing between the Audi R8 or a Porsche 911

4. maartendq

maartendq Regular Member

Yay, after being held in customs for about 12 days, I've just received my duoforce! For the people interested in ordering from MBS: I paid an extra 25 euro (12 for customs handling, rest are taxes.. price of the racket on the invoice was 480 HK dollar) to customs/Post (I'm from Belgium).

Still have to wait till next tuesday to test the racket, but I'll post my impressions then.

5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    12 days..thats a long time.

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

12 days is quick :D, not called Express for nothing :p, 3 weeks is no exception for regular mail and the longest I have had to wait was 5 weeks -.- (of course the Belgian customs handling might be a little quicker than at the northerly neighbour).
    So I guess there is no upfront tax declaring yet, which didn't come at a surprise when I saw it came with speedpost, which is Hong Kong Post rather than a courier service like DHL, etc.

Hopefully our UK EMS victim will update us on his progress ;)

Yes, maartendq also reported it and still had to pay tax on arrival but as expected the package was marked at a low value ...

#1386 demolidor, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It was held in customs for 12 days, not delivered in 12.....and that is really slow. Should only be held in customs for 1-2 days before you can go and pick it up. Or 2-4 days if it's like here, where Frankfurt customs decide whether you get it directly or not, which takes 1-2 days (sometimes more), and then forwards it. If you have to go to your local office and provide the bill it usually takes another 2 days - 1 day for them to receive and register it and another where they send you a small letter via express.

8. mcken200

mcken200 Regular Member

My order was despatched on the 15th and took a couple days to reach the UK. Unfortunately it got held in customs for a few days, I had to wait for the letter from parcel force to arrive to know what the damage was.It came to £20 (£12 for duty tax & £8 "handling fees").

Feeling cheated but desperate I decided to pay for these extortionate fees... So now I have to wait till tuesday for delivery...

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I didn't include shipping time with those 5 weeks ;). That was counted from the day I received and sent back a letter to cough up the real value with a paypal receipt but for the regular 3 weeks I might have. Still that is usually at most one week shipping and two weeks in storage; dutch [and belgian] customs are quite slow and they are legally entitled to hold it for 30 days to process it plus the postal service collects the tax at the door when delivering so you don't even get a letter in advance how much you have to pay and you can only pay cash :rolleyes:; otherwise pickup at the closest post office later. Of course I am only talking about ones that are put aside and marked for inspection, otherwise they are indeed sent on in 1-2 days (packages are never really at customs, it's the postal service that has storage and entitled to handle clearance)

Makes me wonder what MBS is charging? I didn't expect them to be able to declare taxes upfront and turns out they can't. Probably, extra charge for EMS shipping as I originally thought, unless of course it specifically states something like "VAT charges" ...

#1389 demolidor, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  10. maartendq

maartendq Regular Member

Unfortunately my joy did not last very long. After close inspection of the racket friday, I discovered a pretty big crack on the frame at the t-joint, leaving it quite useless to play with. Damage was most likely caused by not handling the package with care and I'll have to file a damage complaint at the post-office.

The good news is a new racket will be sent by MBS, the bad news is that I'll have to pay the taxes again and wait for another 2 weeks for the rackets (unless customs goes a bit faster now)

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Just saw some prices at a french webshop: DuoForce 153 euro, Power & Zero Pro 145, Power Tour & Precision Pro 135, Zero Tour 125, Precision Tour 100 ... still two weeks to go before they are available.

Just noticed something at the bottom: buy 2 x DuoForce for 272 euro, 3 x DuoForce for 383 (all prices incl. 19.6% VAT).

#1391 demolidor, May 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2013
  12. mcken200

mcken200 Regular Member

It's arrived !!! will have to wait for my friend to come back from holiday to string in order to test it out but, dry swings feels really nice ! I cant wait....

Paintwork isn't the best pearlescent white with brown stripes and silver streaks sparkling throughout, but what I am interested is how it performs and not looks.

IMG_20130530_000347.jpg IMG_20130530_000458.jpg

13. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Which shop? Link please? :)

#1393 Accordaz, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  14. maartendq

maartendq Regular Member

15. jamaljenkins

jamaljenkins Regular Member

Student.
    Still waiting for that adiPower Tour review LOL

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well, kwun is a busy man. Have patience ;) At the most, you'll have to wait 2 months, as that's when they'll be widely available here.

17. b0urg301s13

b0urg301s13 Regular Member

Technopreneur
    Does anyone know if the adidas demo day in Singapore is still gonna be held? I have heard nothing from them since registration and its scheduled in 2 days time. Maybe anyone here knows the location and time?

18. Iffara

Iffara Regular Member

Serving Shuttlecocks
    I have also registered with them. How did you know about this date? 2 days more and nothing from them....that funny.

19. Chayady

Chayady Regular Member

SG demo day is postponed (or maybe cancel?).
    This is what i got from ashish@sportsfashion.biz
    =======
    Dear All

Thank you for registering for the Demo Day in Singapore unfortunately because of unforeseen circumstances we are going to have to change the date. However we have your contact details and we will keep you informed and up to date with the latest developments and events in Singapore Please accept our apologies and the inconvenience caused but we look forward to seeing you at one of our exciting adidas Badminton events very soon!

Thanks & Regards

20. maartendq

maartendq Regular Member

Yay, my replacement duoforce arrived today (this time no damage from post office), I can finally test it this evening!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.