Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Perhaps I/we should roam around and search everywhere and see if ctjcad is all about what he is saying...

For example, a guy/gal who's won boatloads and is sure past his/her prime should just let go in trying to win some more (if not one more):confused:?

Another example would he ctjcad's undying insistence that one title is bigger than another so not bagging a certain title is no biggie:confused:? ...yet ctjcad's insists that if TH wants to win one more, it should be the AE! Why, another WC is lesser a title:confused:?

ctjcad probably is philisophical, he didn't really pass the baton or throw the ball back at my court... ...maybe, moving the GOALPOST was an alternative:confused:?

Why is it so hard for us to enjoy what TH, LCW or even LD can bring to this sport we love w/o being too hard on the players as well as WE, the enthusiasts/supporters:confused:?

2. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I second that. I also know he's been in a decline since OG2004.

I do agree with Chris that the chance of Taufik winning another big one is slim. Not entirely impossible but slim. I do not think it's any worse than say BCL or CJ or PG winning another big one though, but certainly way better than SS, SDK, BP or NTM. Afterall, the "chance" has to be divided with the two main contenders (LCW + LD) who already had the lion's share.

I think he's playing better today than in 2005-2007. He's much more serious but the age is definitely showing in terms of speed. Stamina is always Taufik's achilles heels.

3. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Even though chances seem slim, I do want to see him win another big tournament.

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yeah chris, whatever doubt u have or any questions that are always in your mind about taufik hidayat, you are always welcome to ask Taufik Hidayat during the USA open:D.. Should not be a problem actually. ;) I think TH will be there to answer your question very friendly.. Hope he doesn't punch you though.. haha.. joking tho:cool:

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..maybe Hau-ge is still upset with me for losing that match during the BC baddy get-together..:confused::eek:
    ..because the AE is one of the major tourneys in pro badminton, despite it being held annually, simply based on its prestige and long history. Probably worth even more than the WC..Also, it just happens AE has the SS at the end of it..The WC got its worth because it used to be held biennially (every 2 yrs); but since it's held annually, thus TH winning/not winning another WC will not prove the WC is worth more or less..Winning another OG Gold, now that would be something..
    Seriously, you really don't know abt all the biggie tourneys or just pretending to not know anything abt them??..:confused:
    And please don't put words into my mouth as i didn't mention he should just let go in trying to win some more..:cool:

#405 ctjcad, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

I think he was still really good in 05.
    06 after WC he was in decline with his smash.

7. RSLvictorSOTX

Putting words on your mouth:eek::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:?

Chronologically WC is up next, AE, next year:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:!

8. RSLvictorSOTX

So who put words into your own mouth:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:?

9. RSLvictorSOTX

Oh you don't know:eek:? Or just like accusing:eek:? ctjcad, ctjcad, don't mince your words!

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

You know why the AE? Because Taufik should complete the collection. Taufik has already proved himself, past his prime, to be known as a player who has won everything, he should get the AE. For LCW, he has only won the AE, so any other major would be good for him. For Lin Dan, all he needs is one more Asian Games Gold, and chances are that he'll grab it this year...:cool:

LOL, in terms of majors won, LCW is totally the opposite of TH.

11. RSLvictorSOTX

I wouldn't be a self confessed TH and LD fan if I didn't know. As time is of the essence... ...therefore WC is up next in thing (Won it already? Win some more!).

12. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Oh, I understand now. Hehe, good luck, but I think you guys have no point continuing the debate already. When both sides are stubborn, this isn't getting anywhere.

The 4 heavenly kings are not about titles won or what... it is their skills, and the joy to watch them play.

13. RSLvictorSOTX

Well I won't bug you reading everything but (and ctjcad can honestly attest to this no doubt) I started egging TH to win some more big tournaments! I am saying he is not done yet and EVEN with the big boys being in their RPGs, so long as TH participates, he will have a fair chance of winning (on relative terms of course) just as everyone will have a fair chance of losing (whether due to elective non-participation, getting booted out early or losing vis-a-vis).

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Well if he can guess it right, then we should start calling him OCTOPUS :)
    Oh... BTW TH favourite dish is sambal octopus :)

#414 Yoppy, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  15. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Agree with this. These 4 kings are with their each unique skill style and achievements.
    As a fan (especially to this sport), I would just enjoy their game.

16. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    omg! octopus? ok will keep that in mind

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yup
    but recently found out that
    only lcw vs kenichi tago is the most exciting in tc
    other is kinda one sider(the match which include either one or two of them)

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..what made you think i minced my words?..because i use the word "probably"??. Well, my friend, i wrote that because that is my (and perhaps others) opinion on the worth between AE, OG & WC. Others, like you, might view their (WC & AE) worth differently. I would probably even put the AE as equal to the OG in terms of value. OG and WC are 2 biggies because of the rarity factor (for the former; not so much for the latter anymore because it's now held annually).

And where did i mention "Taufik should just let go in trying to win some more"??..
    ..you know when it comes time for the biggies, LD, LCW, CJ and BCL will most likely show up..And what are the chances all 4 of those players will be eliminated in earlier round (before QF)?..And if any 4 of those players meet Taufik, when was the last time Taufik beat any of those players??..

#418 ctjcad, Jul 8, 2010
  19. RSLvictorSOTX

Good afternoon ctjcad, yesterday I watch an enjoyable movie:).

So until Taufik hangs it up and calls it a career... ...will see, ok?

Oh, just for the record, in my book AE, OG & WC, in that order are the biggies. TH may retire soon, thus WC is next in the firing line. I am not sure about his contractual obligations whether he has to see it out or not, so looking as far ahead at the AE next year is... ...what if he announces at the start of year that he is calling it off:)?

#419 RSLvictorSOTX, Jul 8, 2010
  20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..yes, i know, GrayDark, metalorange, Brooks, FIVES...are you familiar with those usernames???>>>..