Malaysian Juniors 2009

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by champion8, Jan 30, 2008.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the discusion already been discus to death
    self discipline is NOT ENOUGH when u are in bam;)
    even u(i mean chong wei feng) beat chen jin(india open 1/16) before thomas cup(2008),u still wont get selected for the 4th slot of ms
    who said result speak?
    there are more evident,try to read back those arguement then u will know why we still didnt have wc/og;)

wait,newbie that register at 2005?
    then what i am?
    newbabybie?hehe

2. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

since u r there,would u said that our girls and boys standard r poor?

3. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Yes, and if we are democratic enough, all these three are accepted.

4. isaura

isaura Regular Member

student
    I just can't accept pemuda said our girls and juniors are just average .But the coach said they have bright future .This is from http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2009/11/3/sports/5027694&&sec=sports
    "And for once, Malaysia had female players who were considered serious challengers by their rivals in both the singles and doubles events.

“Although Iskandar played poorly in the final (lost to China’s Tian Houwei), we must not forget the fighting spirit and determination he showed in his comeback wins in the quarter-final and semi-final matches.

“This boy has a bright future in the game,” said Kim Tho.

“Sonia (Cheah) and (Yang) Li Lian also deserve special mentions for their good shows against more experienced opponents in the girls’ singles. Both are still young and can return stronger for next year’s challenge.”

Aneway,everyone have their own opinion.But,i hope my view is sensible to the readers.K,peace:)

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The issue of the quality of the 2009 juniors batch and BAM,etc has already been discussed since after 2008 WJC, continued on in 2009 AJC and WJC threads, earlier pages of this thread, etc. :p
    People will think whatever they want anyway, not say it will change anything also ;):D.

And some of us have moved on to WJC 2010 and OG Youth Games.

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Typical Boleh response

This is the mindset of a typical Bolehian. Instead of debating, he opt to resort to throwing petty personal insults.

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, You helang is faster cos u can fly...........:D

Congratulation for your 7000 posts ! :p

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

First of all, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Like I have said earlier, I am not 'putting a damper' on our boys and girls. I merely gave my opinion, which is I feel our boys and girls are average. But if you feel our boys and girls are good, I respect your opinion. We just got to be big boys and agree to disagree.

Pertaining to the 'world standards being there' at Alor Setar, I beg to differ as the Chinese best, Koreans (like you admitted) etc were missing.

I like your optimism in our girls and I look forward to be surprised. May I enquire from your point of view, when do you expect our girls to make their presence felt at the senior level? In 3 years time? 5 years? Should they not make the grade, I hope you wont resort to the blame game and put the blame on BAM or NSC or the government or the coaches for not guiding/supporting/loving/caring them.

So, you really think Misbun's boy have the talent to make the grade? In 5 years time, where do you see Misbun's son?

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Allow me to remind you that we have several WJ champs before. Many fade away and failed to make the senior grade.

I respect your views. We just got to be mature and debate and present our arguments in a sensible manner unlike some who will readily resort to petty insults or uttering meaningless statement like the topic being discussed before. This is a thread about our juniors, thus the discussion regarding our juniors.

10. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

Let not get angry over issues that is debatable. Just some matured view.
    In the first place will u there to watch the junior performed in WJC?

No.. i am not puting the blame on the national bodies or the government but what i am saying is that why our junior standard deteriorate after entering back up or whatever they called it.

If one batch failed i can understand but there are already 3 batches and no one could be said stand out whether it is the girls or the boys. At one time TCS and co, then Ariff, Lydia and Ng Hui Leng. after that the most current is Maki/Teo, Vivien and etc.

What I am trying to said is that we have good talent churned from the junior camp.

I am actually more optismistic abt the girls standard now compared to 5 years ago. I saw some quality players. I believe given the right training and attention, they could make it.

As for Ramdan, no one knows where he will be? Actually we do not know whether even Iskandar could make it.

As a Bcer said- this boiled down to hardworked and discipline.

What i can said is that the Juniors do have quality here and we do have potential the big but is that do we know how to nurture these group of players.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ceh, nothing to do with that, you also know. If take time to read earlier pages this thread, AJC & WJC thread and back-up thread, will know the history already, as gemini12 already pointed out all those factors before. ;)
    No of posts also you want congrats for what? :confused:You also reach 6,000 posts

#311 eaglehelang, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You are asking whether I was at the stadium?
    No, I was not. I watched the WJC on telly.

Maybe you have to accept once they move up to the national back up squad, our juniors cant perform because they just dont have the quality to take the step up.

But my question remains unanswered, in view of your optimism and me being 'surprised', I just want to solicit your viewpoint on our current batch of girls (who performed at the WJC recently), when do you expect any of them to make their presence felt at the senior level?

The same goes for Misbun's boy, Ramdan.

13. keigo911

keigo911 Regular Member

Research Student
    As for my point is actually focusing on the player's hunger for success.
    It doesn't mean that wei feng is good/bad, but consistancy to produce the quality of his game become the main point.
    Win/lose just sometimes a game of mind :)

Btw, i registered early but not as active as u all...
    just recently come back to start posting, normally only view thread without reply. :)

What i shall comment is, they still have rooms for improvement. In fact Sonia did impress me.
    But overall from our jr, they just tends to slip away the moment of killing/finishing rally...
    They produce the oppotunities, yet let the opponents to counter back the strategy.

And to other, as i said b4, our jr do have the skills...
    But senior squad is no longer like jr times, whereby they can still enjoying... They need to work harder in all espects...

One point, do notice China, Korean and INA players when they are off the court... It makes sense of y we still do not have OG/WC champ... Badminton is their WHOLE life, they fight everything to get there, as well as maintain there; whereby our player only thinks that badminton is PART of their life, and they would rather enjoy on other things else if given the oppotunity...

#313 keigo911, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    is not any personal insult... just that this guy was asking why u never give jr chances. and ngam-ngam i was watching the a documentary about physcology.

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i can both acept and agree most of ur view in ur post.
    but not ALL malaysian player had this kind of mindset:)

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

With 10,000++s postings since joining in March 2008, you are a living monument here in BC.

17. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    I do agree with you as well... I watch them played during the recent AJC as well, and for some players that I saw that day, my prediction of their results in the WJC by far, is correct...

I would say Iskandar seemed to be haunted by the lost in AJC and got blinded by it during the final in WJC... I still wonder how he won that german (is it?) tournament before... He definitely got the skills and talents but I pray he won't be our next one night wonder like HH etc.

As for Syawal, well I don't believe he will go far... he needs to learn to be more humble on court; and remove that attitudes that I just hate to watch while he's playing; and train more on his court coverage, he's just too lazy for me... have good idea on some trick shots but ... well, I feel sorry for that guy... ;).

Ramdan, I think he improved a lot compared to AJC. Of course, he has all eyes upon him, especially, since his father is a national coach... He could go far provided he keeps the momentum high and move forward to achieving better results...

Zulfadli, hmmm... I missed most of his matches, AJC&WJC, and I can't really say he's good... but Limsy said, (hehehe:D) he got the potential... so, I will, at the moment, rely to my buddy's opinion and reserve mine when I finally get to see him in action...

The winning MD, that was one of the most frustrating and nerve-wrecking match I've ever watched... glad I watched it with my dad, though:)... I won't applaud them for making so many errors and let their opponent kept up but I applaud them for giving me such an entertainment during the 3rd set... me n me dad were so caught up in the last few points, doing our own betting (no prizie, of course)... another happy memory for me:):) The point is they don't give up and let their disadvantage got to their head...
    our players need that kind of mind set in critical times.

In conclusion, I need to get to sleep... keke... ok, seriously, our juniors need to add more stamina, don't give up easily, have great mind set on court, no show-off attitude alike on court, be given opportunity to improve internationally, and train3 :D... good luck!

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

The other thing that I find odd ...

When I playing U20 football, there was an incident that I would like to share with all. We had a friendly game against South Korea. I was on the bench (not good enough to play first 11 la!) with my fellow teammates. Some of us was watching the game, while 1-2 of us had our handphones and were busy sms-ing or playing games etc. After the game, we lost the game either 3-0 or 4-0 (cant remember now), our coach gave us a shelling not many can forget till today. Our coach was furious because some of us appeared disinterested and sending out sms-es were more important than concentrating on the game.

Ok now back to the WJC.
    I was not at the stadium. I watched the WJC on telly.

I saw on our bench, some of our junior shuttlers were playing with their handphones etc rather than watching their teammates or rivals play. I agree with my ex football coach, handphones & ipod etc should be totally banned from the bench. If you are on the bench, you sit and watch the game so that you learn and pick up tips along the way. Representing the nation is not some picnic affair.

I guess thats the problem with us. Whether in football or badminton or etc, we just dont have the basic discipline. As for the Koreans that we played years ago, in terms of skills and technique, I say we are evenly matched. But when it comes to fitness, they were miles ahead of us. And they were very disciplined as a unit as their coach was one fierce looking character.

19. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    talking abt korean, i remember tan kim her used to coach there and he said that during training session, he try to make a joke and yet nobody laugh and thought that he was talking serious. that's how serious they even take their training session... no hp, no ipod no jokes

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Surelah,....not easy to do that u know,....not every people can be like George and Limsy who are reaching their 20,000 and 15,000 posts already...:D:D....