about li-ning Wood N90-II

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by squall, Jul 11, 2010.

1. squall

squall Regular Member

student
    Hello all im new in this forum glad to meet u all.. I have a several question. I'm a 20 years old student consider as an amateur player for my university.. Last few days I had bought li ning Woods N90-II for about RM1,159(380Usd?). I heard that lin dan is wearing this racquet? The problem is that is this racquet really good and can improve my badminton gameplay? What are the specification actually? Thanks a lot!:cool:

2. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    you bought something without researching first?

the question of whether the racket will improve your game, the answer is, it depends.

what is your play style? what is your previous racket? single/double?

3. squall

squall Regular Member

student
    yeah i do a research before buying it. But before the research I went to sports shop to find a new racquet after my racquet were broke off :( my previous racquet was yonex nanospeed 9000-X .. When I came into the shop I found li ning woods n90-II and it looks cool. So.. a few days later I decided to buy it.
    Im a single player. I dont know if that li ning is suitable for me?
    Thanks!

4. carltan101

carltan101 Regular Member

student
    to tell u the truth lin dan is not using the N90 II. he still uses the first one. you can see it from this year's thomas cup

5. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    I bought a N90ii recently and tried my friend's N90i. Most of my friends and me feel that N90ii is a good racket, more balance and easy to use. The feel is quite nice and its outlook is cool as you said. My defensive is better and faster than with N90i. Personally feel N90ii is more suitable for single or defensive double player. But as my style is attacking, so I still prefer head heavy racket. :)

6. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

i like the racket, but i'm not afford to own one.

7. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Who is your fren ? So good to let you try his N90 i. :p

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

You made a right guess :)

LN N90II is very2 good racket. The only reason Lin Dan is not currently using it is because, unlike the N90, N90II was not purely design for him. I think LN tries to capture a broader market which include players who play mostly double, like me :)
    Overall rated N90II is only second best to NS9900, but I dont play much single games. If I do, I would rate LN N90II as the best racket in the market today.

As to whether it will improve your game, its likely so (even maybe without you realising it). But its not an easy task to find your self a racket you that really suit you, as there are many factors affecting such as:
    1. Wrist vs swing
    2. Speed vs power vs control
    3. Attack vs defence
    etc
    etc
    IMO N90II is a head heavy racket (although may not be as heavy as N90 or AT700) very2 powerful in generating smash and in that category its the fastest (in movement) that I ever tried. I also dont have any prob switching around between N90II and NS9900 (which is very similar to NS9000X).

9. squall

squall Regular Member

student
    But Li ning N90II have a heavy frame.. It needs powerful arm to handle it.. :/

10. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    You and Mustafa lah. Haha... :)

11. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    you rated NS9900 the best in ranking..can u share why its rank 1 for your choice? its even much better than heavy head AT900P and Arscb Z ?

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Mainly because i play doubles a lot more than single and need a fast (head light) racket. And at the same time NS9900 is very stiff to help generating quick smash power. Its a perfect combination for me. In comparison to NS9000X, i feel NS9900 is slightly head heavier thus can generate more power.

As for the AT series (especially the AT900 and AT800), we all know that its idea is based on light weight head heavy combination. Which I think is not a bad idea at all, especially the AT900T with its slim frame (compare to AT900P box frame) which suppose to move faster while still can generate power as much as AT900P. But IMO NS9900 is still faster and actually more powerful because its very stiff. It really depends on your way of hitting, i tend to think that a wristy player can generate more power using a stiff racket while a big swinger would be better using a head heavy racket to generate more power.

For ARC ZS, its just totally different beast IMO. I can feel the potential in my hand, but to this day im still having some problem adjusting with its smaller head and longer shaft.

#12 Yoppy, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  13. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    based on your experience, any good recommendation for racket comes with lesser in stiffness, longer shaft plus heavy head

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Well that fits the description of ARC ZS

15. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    what is arc Z stiffness like? less stiffness compare to AT900T, BS11, NS9900?

16. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Z's shaft is fairly stiff but feels softer than at least the AT900T and definitely the 9900 in play because the shaft is longer. As a result, you gain some easy power in the expense of control.

17. yurimaster2010

Consultant

mean arcsb Z is less stiffness in shaft due to its longger shaft of 4mm.:eek:
    arcsb Z head weight is also lower than AT & MP series..?

18. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

As weeyeh mention, effectively Arc ZS is less stiff compare to AT900T and NS9900.
    In regards to head weight, i would say its head is lighter than AT900T and slightly heavier than MP99. But again because it has a longer shaft, it feels a lot like a head heavy racket.

19. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    any good website for li-ning?

20. Smash-Tajam

Smash-Tajam Regular Member

IT
    I have AT900P, AT900T, and NS9900, all 3U.
    I feel very comfortable with both AT900P & T, and I totally agree with the description so far for NS9900 regarding its stiffness and light weight for Doubles play, but why do I feel the NS9900 vibrates a lot as if its a cheapo racket ? I have sore elbow after the game with NS9900, I don't have this elbow problem if I use only the AT900, they are strung at about the same tension, 25-26lbs.