RSL Series Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RSLCANADA, Apr 15, 2006.

1. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Don't worry about RSLs...my trusty X2Gold is still golden and hanging tough:cool:.

2. flite

flite Regular Member

My humble review of X5 Gold.

Just had my 2nd session with the RSL X5 Gold. It was strung with YY BG80 28lbs (EMS stringing) and Karakal P.U grip.

Its B.P rating was 290mm+-5 (dry weight) and flex rated medium stiff according to RSL. Initial impression on the 1st session was its a bit too stiff and numb and doesn't provide a healthy feel of repulsion.

But everything changes today as the racket provides a good feel and solid hitting power especially on full swinging shots and smashes. I believed this was because Gosen 8900 red was my main racket for the pass 2 months and its rated mid-stiff and even balance. I got too attached to it and a sudden change of racket with a different specification contributed to the not so pleasant first impression.

I must highlight this is my first RSL racket and overall its on par with other top of the line rackets from Yonex, Victor and Gosen to name a few. Its forte are on fast drives and attacking nature kind of shots that require some strength from the player. Once the power is generated, it will award you with a very solid and powerful hitting experience.

Accuracy of shots is top notch as this racket forced the player in a way to have certain amount of power when hitting and this resulted in very sharp and accurate drop shots, lobs and punches. But don't get me wrong, this racket doesn't put strains to your arm after some times of playing but its just a unique characteristic of it.

Defend is OK as its not too head heavy. But I had a few 3/4 court lifts while defending which I squarely blame on the yet to break-in shaft. After a few more session I think this racket will be more livelier.

I would'n comment on net shots and delicate net play as to me, this department are all down to the skill and technique of the individual and also the kind of string used to a certain degree.

Looking at its performance, design, paint quality and pricing, for below RM300 to me its a real bargain. The technologies implied on this single racket are much more compared to its more popular counterparts which sells at a much higher price. I was especially quite impressed with its patented diamond shaped inner frame technology which provide some kind of aerodynamics. It gives some sort of leverage in swinging speed at certain difficult shots somehow or rather.

Overall this is a good racket. I am not sure how many star rating I should give to the Gold but it really put a smile on my face.

3. squallyeo

squallyeo Regular Member

no more news/reviews on x5?

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Racquets up for grabs

19 Apr 2011
    Star (Malaysia)

"THIRTY RSL X5 badminton racquets worth RM418 each are up for grabs in the company’s first ever online contest.

The contest, that ends on June 30, will have the contest winners getting their hands on the latest RSL X5 badminton racquet, that only hit the market last month. Besides the main prize, there are also bags and T-shirts that will be given away.

According to D.H Sports (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd executive director Lena Lim, the brand has been in existense more than eight decades and have promoted their items online instead of the conventional leaflets.

“RSL started in 1928 and it is fair to give something back to our loyal supporters and customers.

“The online contest is unique as it requires a photo or video of badminton enuthusiasts wearing RSL attire and submit to the website to be eligible for the competition.

“The coolest 30 videos or photo that have the most attitude will be given the badminton racquets.

“This contest is held for our customers worldwide and I hope Malaysians would take the opportunity to send in their entries and get a hold of a badminton racquet,’’ said Lim, who was showing the RSL X5 badminton series at her office in Southern Park in Klang.

The X5 has three models – gold (RM438), silver (RM438) and white (RM418) – that is distributed to some 300 dealers nationwide.

At present, D,H Sports (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, which is the sole distributor of RSL products, have sold more than 5,000 X5 badminton racquets within a month.

Lim said that many badminton enthusiast were looking forward to this latest model and the sales of the X5 model is expected to grow rapidly.

Contestants can also visit Youtube or Facebook to check out the contest.

Those who want to join the contest, can visit the website at www.rsl-1928.com."

5. squallyeo

squallyeo Regular Member

ya, i know tat some time ago, jus no idea wat to film lolx. and i dun hv a full set of clothing n equipment of RSL

6. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    I know... missing bag, shorts, shoes, socks, shuttle... Last one easy and shorts easy to get, but shoes and bag are a bit hard tho I do have a bunch of soft cases and single racket covers... hmmm... still missing shoes and socks... :(

otherwise, I would have submitted video long ago. read the rules and they say you have to have everything RSL.

7. squallyeo

squallyeo Regular Member

i have racket, bag (not reli useful for video i think), socks. i think shoes is the most difficult 1, quite important in video but hard to find. i dun think i hv seen a rsl shoes b4..

8. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    bag is useful. it is part of where you keep your racket safe and if it is one of those big ones, you can be shown carrying it to the court in your video, all decked out in RSL :D

9. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi all, RSL fans here,

I am relatively new to RSL but seems to got the impression that RSL are good quality and almost on par with YY rackets but at much cheaper price.
    Could you lots of experience with RSL rackets help us out here in UK who do not have RSL to try out but can get Yonex, APACS, Carlton rackets

Could you all sort of compare RSL rackets against one of the other Brands so we can have a feel of the differences?
    I can get my hand on Yonex:
    Voltric 70
    Armortec 900 Power
    Z Slash
    Nano 9900

APACS:
    Lethal 90
    Lethal 100
    Tantrum 200
    Tantrum 300
    Nano 9900 power
    nano 900 red & white
    Power Concept 1110

Calton:
    Vapour trail

I am looking for
    A) a single player racket for a mainly control player but wanted to improve smash.(apparently need a head heavy racket)

B) a player who mainly play double and more power base but have good reaction in defence

C) a women player relatively weak and only social but wanted to improve

I am very impress with the comments so far on RSL
    could anone or RSL fans help me

looks like the RSL Diamond X5 Gold, Silver and White - I would like to know comparison
    Other RSL series eg M11, x3 or x2, I would also like to know more - what prices in malaysia are these and whetehr still available?

please compare with others rackets I can get hold of

THanks

maybe will be a converted RSL fan too

#1809 Skanbuzz, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  10. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    wish i could help you, but i have almost no experience with any listed except armortec 900 power. but i can say there is no "similar" racket in the X-series i think... the feel is definitely different. not sure about the heat or scream or the other RSL series. best way still to grab one and try it. There should be an RSL office in UK. check www.rsl-1928.com, click in, click on location and hover over england and you get the phone number for their office. Then call them up and see check for a local dealer/distributor. That should help you get ur hands on rsl racket to test it out. for all the listed below, i'd say x2 FP - light, fast, my go to, but might not be yours. I don't smash much. Goodluck in your search and maybe other's will pop in with more comments to help you out.

11. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi

Thanks
    Since you have experience with the Yonex Armotec 900 power, which RSL racket feel more similar to Armotec 900 power?
    I just want to narrow down to a few before I try RSL europe I do not think they got a UK branch that I can test but I will try nearer to the end
    What is the spec for x2?

Thanks

12. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    i cannot tell u which one feels like it. i can tell u which ones does not. x2 fp, sp, ap, blue and gold does not feel like it. 6800, 6900, nova 6180 does not feel like it. i haven't used enough rsl rackets yet.

your 2nd and third criteria for looking for a racket could fit an x2 fp.

13. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi drowsysmurf,

Thanks that is great
    so I asume the RSL x2 fp
    is the following spec:

[​IMG]
    Model no. Diamond X2 FP [​IMG]
    Flex Progressive Medium [​IMG]
    Shaft 6.5 - 7.5mm Taper Shaft [​IMG]
    Weight 79-80g [​IMG]
    Length 675mm [​IMG]
    Max. String Tension High Tension Up To 28lbs

How much is it seling now in US or Taiwan or Malaysia?

#1813 Skanbuzz, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  14. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    That is it. Out of stock in US because I believe it is not in production anymore since it is now a few years old and x3 and now x5 is out. Otherwise, it was $110 in US and cheaper in Malaysia. Not sure about Taiwan. Check with RSL Europe because shipping from these countries might have killed it for cost.

15. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Hi,

Just visited the RSL website
    RSL have Diamond X is top range
    and within the Diamond X, it have:
    a)X5
    b)X3
    c)X2
    d)X2 Millilleum 7
    e)X1

Then there is Millinium 11
    which got HEAT

Then there is Millinnium 10
    which got
    a) Laser
    b) Heat
    c) Extreme

Anyone know is the Melinnium 11 good?
    Thanks

16. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

http://stores.ebay.ca/RKEP-racket-e...59164011&_sid=317386751&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Try emailing him if he can ship to UK...I personally have the X5 Diamond Silver..couldn't tell ya the difference with those Yonex rackets you mentioned. Everything about the racket is superb..have it currently strung with VS-850 @ 24lbs.
    Paint quality is top notch also..better than Victor or Yonex. Been in 1 clash and tons of mis-hits/picking up shuttles..and no significant scratches/chips.

17. Koooko

Koooko Regular Member

Bankers
    Millenium 11 means the racquet is year 2011 racquet,how to say whether its good or not?lol.Of Course higher end racquet will be better. U shud try x5 series.^^.Speaking from a x5 silver user.

18. hakfu

hakfu Regular Member

RSL X5 White vs Yonex Voltric 70

How do they compare?

On paper they look pretty much the same to me. Advice needed!

19. Skanbuzz

Skanbuzz Regular Member

Construction
    Can RSL Diamond x5 Gold compare to Yonex Voltric 80?
    RSL Diamond X5 silver the same as Yonex???

I sure would like to know

20. PEGDA

PEGDA Regular Member

The X5 white is on the flex side whereas the voltric is on the stiff side. It is hard to compare them but power wise, i can generate hard smash easier with the X5. Control wise, the voltric is better. Hope this help.