Yonex-Sunrise Apparel & Yonex Accessories in Sports Life, Singapore

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by aramistuscany, Jul 9, 2009.

1. LinDanTruCool

LinDanTruCool Regular Member

Purchaser
    Wow but how? Vol 15 or 14?

Aramis,

Guess what i had just bought 5 tournament series at RM40-50 each, blue (WC2010 worn by KKK & TBH), green, yellow as above, white/red (worn by Denmark Thomas Laybourn who seek for sponsorship) & yellow/black (worn by India team)
    As expected still no printing design. No doubt quality improved w increased of RM5. Quality like Tru Dry + Tru Breeze.

If possible, pls help convey msg to Sunrise to release some printing design(as below).
    If Sunrise still release only cut & sew design, I will start boycott them & buy the fake one.
    Im tired of waiting for another few more mths. If Sunrise want sales, better start sell more good things to customer rather than succumb to ltd design which control by YY Jpn.

http://www.bbeshop.com/yonex/yonex2010/shirt_12032_489.htm
    http://www.bbeshop.com/yonex/yonex2010/shirt_12033_011.htm

2. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    the blue WC2010 shirt won by KKK/TBH, where did u find it, and for RM50? wah... I want hehe...

3. hduong

hduong Regular Member

I just skimmed through the Yonex Japan clothing catalog. WOW. Almost 120 pages of stuff. I see like 2 pages in the North America catalog devoted to clothing.

4. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

LDTC, show some photos of what you bought. The new vol. is carrying the new Tru Air fabric. Feels better than the previous SP Tru Cool.

As for your requests to Sunrise, the Sunrise staff visit the forum here. I am sure they will note whatever is written here.

By the way I am enjoying my JP Tru Cool Tiger Flame shirts. Feels good and looks good ;):p.

#1584 aramistuscany, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  5. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    bro,
    your tiger flame shirt is very seductive to me...i still thinking hard to pay this bloody shirt at rm280

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

* wrong thread * :rolleyes:

#1586 demolidor, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  7. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
    Tru Air or No Air (Reformation for Sunrise Apparel)

Aramis,
    Will get my camera ready but i dont have Windows Pic Mgr to squeeze the pic. Any other program to squeeze it.
    Yeah thanks for letting Sunrise (staff/boss?) see my post. Hope that Sunrise will produce printing design asap. All i want is clean & fair distribution of Sunrise apparel (Sunrise Bersih) More printing design & dont delay the vol too long. More wider distribution not only to sport shop but also to dept store like Jusco. If want to be at same class w giant brand like Lining, Addidas & Nike. Yonex is giant brand & world no 1 in badminton and longer history, they should have the biggest mkt share & mkt appeal to customer.
    Eg. if i step on any shopping mall, i get to see the Yonex gears & apparel.
    U wear size L for the tiger flame?

Daniel,
    I want to see you in complete Victor set. You just need Victor bag + socks. Once and for all...

Tru Air music?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBKnpyoFEBo&ob=av2e

8. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
    some sport shop only. AJ Racketmart & Racketzone did not sell any vol 15. Go to LCW Arena at Old Klang Road. its like 2nd heaven place after Sports Life. Perfect Sports give up on YY merchandise esp apparel cos wait too long for one vol. I saw some WC 2011 black shoe LCW shoe SHB101 black at RM499 (b4 discount)

9. aramistuscany

Casual cotton shirts with colourful, fun designs just in.

Attached Files:

• YYC1.jpg
      YYC1.jpg
      File size:
      292.9 KB
      Views:
    • YYC2.jpg
      YYC2.jpg
      File size:
      240.1 KB
      Views:
    • YYC3.jpg
      YYC3.jpg
      File size:
      257 KB
      Views:
    • YYC4.jpg
      YYC4.jpg
      File size:
      249.5 KB
      Views:
    • YYC5.jpg
      YYC5.jpg
      File size:
      262.5 KB
      Views:
    • YYC6.jpg
      YYC6.jpg
      File size:
      220.8 KB
      Views:
    • YYC7.jpg
      YYC7.jpg
      File size:
      216.4 KB
      Views:
    • YYC8.jpg
      YYC8.jpg
      File size:
      68.2 KB
      Views:
    • YYC9.jpg
      YYC9.jpg
      File size:
      245.3 KB
      Views:
    • YYC10.jpg
      YYC10.jpg
      File size:
      211.6 KB
      Views:
  10. aramistuscany

My BG66 Maxima JP strings in 200m reel.

Attached Files:

11. ssop1993

ssop1993 Regular Member

Where can I buy those casual cotton shirts online?

12. aramistuscany

LDTC, I concur with you from the consumer perspective who is a die-hard Yonex fan such as yourself. I was also mulling over this situation.

The customer base in Malaysia is large and the demand is there but the products are not that easily accessible to them. Yonex is the equipment and apparel sponsor of the BAM and Sunrise can capitalise on this in sales in a much bigger way. Instead of just distributing to the various sports retailers, I think they should set up a Yonex concept store like Sports Life in KL and subsequently to the other major urban centres like Georgetown, etc. In this way, if they only want to distribute a certain range or the retailers only want to carry a certain portion of the products whatever the case may be, consumers could still visit the concept stores for the complete range. On top of that, they could have events that have the Malaysian national players like LCW, KKK, TBH, etc to tie-in with the concept store.

Possible locations for this store could be in KLCC mall or Mid Valley Megamall where the consumer traffic is heavy and are shoppers attraction within the KL metropolitan area. The conurbation of KL, PJ, Shah Alam and Klang is about 8 million people in a badminton-mad country. That is a huge market!

These are one of the things they could start doing to counter the emerging presence of the likes of Li-Ning, Victor in Malaysia. Not to mention like you mentioned they should have the SP range wider and more complete and closer to the JP range. Another factor is to improve on their design appeal as YY recent collections have more misses than hits and their competitors are making inroads to their market share due to this.

My JP size is O for top and M for shorts. Why? You wanna order a set for me? ;).

#1592 aramistuscany, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  13. kkwm83

kkwm83 Regular Member

Part time online badminton products seller
    :D:D My biz partner just bought a few of the apparels above but in JP codes...
    Guess he must be feeling sour after seeing this...

So Ara, you like the feel of 66M?
    tried it twice and never like the 'bouncy' feeling of this SOFT FEELING string.
    Good repulsion but lack of the power to kill the game though.
    The last one on my ARC10 snapped last night, (finally), and still thinking of what other string to use...

14. aramistuscany

I would have no regrets buying JP even if the SP version is out. Quality is just different.

Yes, BG66M JP works for me. Durability is an issue for it but it holds the tension longer which is the reverse for BG66UM. Other YY strings for me are BG66 Sharp JP (discontinued [a pity really]), NBG98 JP. I am waiting for the new BG80 Power now and see how it compares to BG80.

#1594 aramistuscany, Aug 2, 2011
  15. kkwm83

kkwm83 Regular Member

There is no doubt of it the quality differs a lot.
    But the latest TruAir design improves quite a lot.
    The only problem is just it is no more that unique anymore as most ppl cant differentiate SP or JP by the look of it.
    (A lot of ppl thinking we are cheating after seeing a shirt(JP code) selling that expensive)

Wow, we kinda have the same taste and feeling about the string.
    Really the if the tension of 66UM can last longer, it should be my current choice.
    Used 66Sharp most of the time until it has been discontinued now, thats why I am finding my next best string.
    Tried NBG98 SP last night, hmm... no bad comments about it except it is still kinda bouncy (lesser than 66M),
    but still don't have the same experience I encounted while using 66Sharp.
    BG80 was ok but slightly too HARD for me.

16. aramistuscany

It has to be look at this context that the JP range is meant for JDM (Japan domestic market) which is why they are not distributed outside Japan. Japanese consumers are a discerning lot and demand the best quality and are willing and able to pay for them. As a business person like yourself when you bring in quality items such as these and sell it in Malaysia, you have to ask yourself do your local cousumers behave similarly in their purchasing pattern. Do your consumers feel the same way about quality and even if they do, are they willing and able to pay for them?

Yes, for me BG66UM is slightly more durable but it feels dead after some time. Not as lively as BG66M. It is a choice of enjoyment over a longer period or just durability. For me, I hate to cut my strings when they do not break even when they lose tension and playability feels dead. It is just wasteful! BG66M in this respect, in this respect it is also one of the components that works for me. By the way, if you want to try the BG66UM, get the JP version to test out.

#1596 aramistuscany, Aug 2, 2011
  17. kkwm83

kkwm83 Regular Member

Yea true, not many consumers locally quite care about the quality.

I did try out once when I bought JP's BG66M and BG66UM together.
    Perhaps I need more session to try it out coz I don't really remember having a nice feeling about it.
    Don't know is there any of them that is similar to BG66Sharp.... hmm...

18. ssop1993

ssop1993 Regular Member

anyone know where to get them online?

19. aramistuscany

I have probably said too much already about the strings based on my experience. Better for you to forget what I say, have a clean slate and approach playing the strings as you are playing them for the first time. Get those strings you want to test out again together with your usual strings you are using and string them with the same racquet model and play :).

I am trying to get a sample BG80 Power for testing out. Hope I can work something out with Sunrise for that priviledge hehe.

20. aramistuscany

The Yonex cotton collection with the Tru Nature cotton fabric.

Attached Files: