What Shuttles Have You Used

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by drowsysmurf, Mar 29, 2007.

1. DoubleDstyle

DoubleDstyle Regular Member

ChaoPai is very good, costs at least $20 Canadian, too steep for most players.

2. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    once i ever seen someone use that gajah mada things, but at the shop i could find it, so if i have some money the go to saxon or rajawali, if i'm in rare then go for indocock or java.
    Yesterday i play w/ red indocok again, take 2 pcs of shuttle, then both are bad performance. Looks like on 12 pcs there is no consistancy among all.
    Some high speed, some slow, some defect.... huaahhh...
    In all, maybe u'll see those are the cheap one, buat after try and try, you'll realize that it's not cheap due to poor performance.
    next time i'll try to look for gajah mada green

3. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

For sure next time you should try Green Gajah Mada (6 shuttles).
    In Jakarta every badminton store carry this shuttle.
    This shuttle is very2 consistent, you will feel the same feeling as many shuttles as you use. Here the cheapest you can get for Rp 33,500 ($3.6), the highest Rp 37,000 ($4). Pls give ur comment after you try :D

4. 345HFS

345HFS Regular Member

man . . , i should've read this forum abt 2 weeks ago when i was still in surabaya. Anyways, i tried both Java and indocock (black) shuttle cocks and they're pretty decent for $4/tube. But hey, if you guys are used to play w/ higher ends shuttle cocks, don't bother to use these cheap birdies because the speed/consistency of the shuttlecocks are not even comparable. just my 50c. tho'. :)

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..yes, there is now a 12 tubed Green Gadjah Mada shuttles & i purchased a few of them in Surabaya. Maybe they're not available yet in Jakarta. I knew they used to sell them in a tube of 6 shuttles only. The manufacturing plant is in Tegal (near Surabaya),,;)..Price wise, see my posts above (#75 above)..;)
    ..oh yeah, Rajawali brand, yes, i've heard and used them before. But also no good:eek::p
    sifuyono, where do you live in INA??..
    ..yes, it's one of the consistent (speed and flight) shuttles i've used and its feathers are decently robust..:cool:..
    :p..eerrmm, hehe, 2 weeks ago, there weren't much discussions on shuttles from INA.:) Btw, I purchased the Green-band Gadjah Mada shuttles in Veenu Sport store (in Vida Shopping Complex) on Mayjen Sungkono Street (West Surabaya);):cool:

#85 ctjcad, Sep 8, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Here are pics..

..of the dozen-packed Green-band Gadjah Mada shuttles..;):)

[​IMG]

#86 ctjcad, Sep 8, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  7. 345HFS

345HFS Regular Member

Just wondering .. have you ever tried the aerosensa-20 or the Hi-Qua blue shuttles? and do you think the Green band Gadjah mada is on the same par as both shuttles mentioned above? tia.

8. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    SOSAN BLACK
    Seal Lion (IBF approved)

9. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Wilson should stick to making tennis racquets and balls - had two samples of Wilson shuttles of about the same price range as the cheapest Protech and Sea Lion ones and guess what - *two power smashes was enough to break the cork or at deform it. At the end of the day a single game took 2 - 3 shuttles when a Sea Lion red could last 4/5 of one game.

Currently using Protech 'brown' worth some US$12 - satisfactory durability, consistent flight.

Staying away from RSL Tourney (silver blue, white gold cork label) as it's even worst than Sea Lion 'red'.

Will be trying out the tube of Gajah Mada 'red' given by an Indonesian student's dad (x6) later, once I could convince the teacher he gave it to, to give it to me as it lays rotting on his cupboard...

Tried Yonex AS-10 and 30 before - EXCELLENT STUFF but MIGHTY EXPENSIVE.

*Joanne - it's got nothing to do with me being a 'violent player'.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..i've tried the Aerosensa 20 before, but it's been a while:p..As for the HQ Blue, i've tried them also, but again, it's been quite some time ago:p...I would have to try them again to "judge", but I would say the GM Green is *relatively* comparable/on the same par to those 2 models, more or less..:p;)
    ..the quality of the Red-band Gadjah Mada shuttles vs. the Green-band Gadjah Mada shuttles is day and night:p..Tried Red-band GM shuttles in S.E. Asia's weather and North America's weather and there's no difference; unless one doesn't care abt the quality or is not playing "competitively"..:p
    Yonex AS-10 & 30 are decent, but for their quality/performance, relatively speaking, i think they are a bit pricey..:p

#90 ctjcad, Sep 9, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  11. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

Hei Ctjcad how come your green gajah mada is different with me.
    Mine is 6 shuttles, yours is 12. I'll find out which one is more expensive.
    I'll post some picture tomorrow for the 6 shuttles.
    BTW how do you attach picture on posting?
    Where did you buy?

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

..i was also a bit surprised when i found out that GM also has a 12-packed tube..I knew they had a 6-packed tube..
    As for the price, you can see/read my post #75..I think with the price you mentioned of the 6-packed tube, i probably purchased with a better deal..;)
    As for where i bought them, see my post #85..There could be other stores though which sell them;)

13. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

I'm in Surabaya, so you bought in Vida? Next time i'll go there to see the availability.
    First playing seems i dont bother about the shuttle, but more and more then you realize that you already spent some RP. for something that you hit and then throw away.
    So, yes, money does matter...

14. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

After years and years try many badminton gear, hopefully that i can build my own store in near time

15. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

Go for it sifu, it's nice when hobby may result in Rp.

Ctjcad, have you tried the 6 shuttles GM? which one better with the 12 shuttles GM?
    for the price I think it's almost the same 2 x 33,500 = Rp 67,000 :p

16. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

yeahh.. but that's not easy to fullfill, still alot work to do, still can't find a store to be rent for a cheap price. Once the place already deal, then the rest is easy hehehe....

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmmm..

..yes, i purchased them @ Veenu Sport in the Vida Complex. As for availability of them, you might want to make another request to the store owner for another batch of GM order, as i bought all of the available ones there...sorry, my friend:p:D:);)
    However, you might want to look around at other sports stores in Sby. I only looked @ Olympic Sports store, Hartono Sports & Veenu Sports...and of the 3 stores, only Veenu Sports carried them..:p
    ..yes, i've tried the 6-packed Green GM shuttles (in fact, Halim Haryanto recommended them also). However, i haven't tried this new 12-packed ones; they look the same though..;)

18. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

where is hartono and olympic sport? all in vida?

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

No..

..Olympic Sports, yes; but not Hartono Sports-that one you have to check your local Yellow Pages (and yes, there are tons of them, so you can call/check w/them first)...:p:D..Your best bet is Veenu Sports;)

20. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

already check yellow pages, nothing named hartono sport, okey i'll try to veenu then