Liew Daren

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by TheSmasherKing, Apr 21, 2011.

1. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    To fight with China Players, not only you need big shoulder and muscule, your lung and brain must be big as well ! This is something lacking for Malaysia players - no stamina and mentally weak ! Just look at Tan BH (24 years old only) , after one or two smashes, he already can't breath. But look at uncles JJS or FHF (almost 30 years old) , they can smash non-stop !

2. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i think my opinion on darren's potential was not wrong.i still believe he got what it takes to become a champion.maybe he is a late bloomer just like sasaki,kok keong or poul eric (considering he is now 25).all he needs are tougher smashes n mental strength to finish the game at crucial stage.he still have time to upgrade his game.for now,he is in the difdrent league cmpard to ckb,cwf n ariff bt yet to reach lcw's level.come on bro,u can do it.

3. RomieTan007

RomieTan007 Regular Member

Hey daren is one of the player for the Axiata Cup 2012....anyone going for the match this coming 23 to 25 Mar??? heard that the cash prize for this Axiata Cup is USD 1 MILLION!!!! No joke man...more pressure on him lol....what do you think of the chances of him winning in this Axiata Cup???

4. BBphire

BBphire Regular Member

how come daren is not playing on the malaysia tiger teams tonight against philipines??? though he is one of the player in this richest champsionship...axiata cup??? shame lol coz this will be a good opportunity for him to get more exposure lol....anyway congrat to both the malaysia leopards and tigers for winning tonight game..they are 1 step nearer to win the USD 1 million lol

5. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    maybe tonite :)

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

He does have a 2-0 record against Boonsak and having beaten him just 2 weeks ago he might be fielded tonight.

7. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    darren is using VT70 ? confirm?

8. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Daren at best we can hope for becomes a Foo Kok Keong. Late boomer whipping boy who became a torment to Zhao, Eddy, Ardy, and Alan K.

9. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

I would like to give advise to Daren. Take heed of Ting Hien Hiow's advise. When you have opportunity to play the attacking smash shot, take it 80 % of the time. Every rally that you play must be to set up that attacking shots. If your line smash is bad. smash straight or further from the line. Prefer overhead smash to back hand lob. If you have to use back hand use a drop or drive.

How many times have you seen DL was in position to smash but played a weak shot instead and this after he has played about 7 to 9 rally shot?

10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah VT70..

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

From his style of play, i don't think he can be the next LCW.. seriously.. he should quit baddy now;)

His 1 year is quite long huh?

12. undeadshot

When did he start his one year of serious training? Should have started it waaay earlier, but hey, better late then never right?
    He did improve after all.

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

His style of play is still too 'soft' from what I can see... perhaps he need to do more weigh lifting or push up?

14. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

I watched him play in the axiata cup semis against taufik and simon. His defence is very very weak. couldnt retrieve most of taufik and simon's smashes.

its probably the lack of confidence, he just wasnt himself in the first game against the two. only began to play attacking game in the second and i can see if he had done so from the beginning, the games would have been much closer.

15. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

also, i noticed in the game against simon, he was trying to mimick LCW. the way chong wei stands to receive a serve (he always has a high elbow position on his right hand), the way he wipes sweat off his forehead with just his fingers, etc...

unfortunately, the end game result was very different if LCW was the one playing.

i dont get it, whats the point of mimicking such actions??? just be yourself, DL. and play to your strength, which is to play offensively and put the pressure on opponents. I cud see some of your good play, if only you do it consistently.

I know easier said than done, but just my observation. Or maybe i observed wrongly...

16. undeadshot

Liew Daren seems really pissed about his defeat to HS Prannoy in the Malaysian GP Gold. Kept complaining that the umpire and linesmen cheated him of 5 points in the match and according to nokh88, he got a red card for his attitude.

Although I can understand his frustration of losing points at the crucial stages especially in two very, very tight matches... Daren should just accept it and move on. Things like this happen in badminton all the time, even LCW got this kind of treatment against CWF when he was cheated of 2 clear points... No point dwelling and cursing about it but focus to do better in the next tournament!

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    FYI...my friend told me the umpire was from Sri Lanka and from the features, he look like one.. Hehe.

18. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

right now Daren Liew has took up 1st MS for MAS team after LCW got serious injury during MAS vs DEN. As for CHN vs MAS tonight, DL will either up against Lin Dan or Chen Long (sure is Lin Dan), and that.........

THAT'S COOL.....!!:D

19. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    right now Msian will "angkat-angkat" LDR...hope he can show some consistency....
    or else later will become opposite

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Tonight's probable line up will be :
    LD (CHN) vs LD (MAS).
    Who will suffice?