Yonex ArcSaber 10 Stringing

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by chicha, Mar 9, 2008.

1. chicha

chicha Regular Member

Thanks for the advice. I will look forward regarding it. I've never try to string the Arc 10 since I ordered it with string. I hope the string will break fast so that I could restring it (the stringer forgot to string the second last cross on my Arc 10!!!)

2. Burger_King

Burger_King Regular Member

nothing at the moment
    same with me..............

3. DanPong

DanPong Regular Member

ants,
    I know this is a bit off topic but what and where I can get the stringing adapter? I have the same stringing machine. I'm looking forward to put my new ArcSaber 10 at 30lbs.

Dan

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You don't need a stringing adapter or any load spreader if you do not stretch the two top and throat posts. All you need to do is to understand that this machine is a suspension system type in which no load should be placed on the n/s posts, as the structural support comes soley from the 4 side arms. Using load spreaders and adapters on the n/s posts in an effort to take some load or to ensure minimal distortion of the frame is conceptually not sound. The two n/s posts are there for the sole purpose of holding the racquet, not for taking any load. For suspension systems, never stretch the n/s posts and you will not get any dent or micro cracks or 12 noon disease.

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I agree.. but not if its high tension stringing.

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

More so for very high tension, which will always distort the frame on suspension system, although distortion can be minimized but not completely eliminated by stringing the crosses at 10% higher tension. Stretching the n/s posts in the mistaken belief that it will minimize any rounding of the frame when you string the mains is the main cause for unseen micro tears at 12 high noon. The correct positioning of the two n/s posts should be just a close fit without stretching, and when the mains are strung the hard rubber inner part of the two posts must show some "give". If you stretch the two posts there is no more "give" or elasticity left in the inner hard rubber part of the posts, which means once you start stringing the mains it is going to hurt the frame at high noon. There are non-conventional stringing techniques that can virtually eliminate frame distortion when stringing on suspension system.
    A better way is to use 6-point hold-down system machines, which do a much better job of minimizing frame distortion, because such a system separates the two different functions of frame support and frame distortion-prevention. However, it seems that manufacturers are not too keen to make professional 6-point hold-down system machines. It is now almost all suspension system, which may not be a cause for concern for tennis racquets because their thick frames do not distort.

7. chicha

chicha Regular Member

Is this the right position to mount the Arc 10 or any other rackets?

1) Should the head and throat mounting stock be further apart? Should the mounting stocks be adjusted to be equidistant from the center of the turntable?

2) Should the racket head and throat be place as top as possible on the head mounting post and as bottom as possible on the throat mounting posts so that the head and throat locking knobs could be tighten to its maximum? In this case, the top and bottom side supports would be closer to each other and it is not a good position for the side supports right?

Any other advice is much appreciate. Thanks.

Attached Files:

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Your side supports look fine. After mounting the racquet with the top and throat posts, the fit should be just firm so that the racquet does not come off easily but will still come off the posts with some friction and resistance. If it cannot be pulled off the posts then you have over-stretched the frame.

9. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Nice machine u have there, did u paint the machine yourself?

10. chicha

chicha Regular Member

My friend told me that after he used my stringing machine and strung a couple of string, the head and throat knob became loose. I've never encounter that before but is it because he mount the racket to loose or mount it firmly just like you said or the frame become longer when stringing the crosses? He strung a Yonex B600 @ 22 lbs x 24 lbs and that's the second time he strung a racket......he can't resist to try my stringing machine and learn to string a racket....:D:D

11. chicha

chicha Regular Member

Thanks Sgbad.....the machine was originally came with that colour. I think there is also a black colour version.

12. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    It is always advisable to use extra padding at the 12 O' clock position to avoid any dents whatsoever. You can use leather or foam as padding.

13. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

Taneepak, do you mind explain the one in bold, because I'm still new to stringing. do you mean after putting racket in, do not screw the north and south too tight? how tight should I screw the knob? Thanks.

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Your machine is a suspension type. Such a system is more distortion-prone than the hold-down system because it basically has no head and throat support. The two head and throat posts are not, and should not be used as, supports for the frame. It is better to err on the safe side by having the strung racquet come off the machine with relative ease and low resistance than having to yank it out, the latter often as a result of over-stretching of the two posts. As your machine is not a badminton specific machine the 4 side supports do not prevent frame distortion, especially on oval-shaped racquets at high tension. Frame distortion from stringing is better than micro tears at high noon from over-stretching of the frame.

15. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

No, not true because the hard rubber part on the inner side of the two posts are good enough to cushion the inner side of the racquet head and throat. When the racquet is well mounted on the machine with the head and throat posts just mounted flush, any load from the main strings will impose a load on the hard rubber that has the right hardness and "give" to handle the outward expansion of the head and throat ends. Using an extra padding means disabling the utility of the hard rubber built into the two posts. Never use foam padding. You will only end with more frame distortion and also a possibilty of over-stretching the head without realizing it. Anything too tight on the head post is hazardous.
    Do you know that on a suspension system you can disable the head and throat posts completely and just use the 4 side supports without any damage to your racquet? Then why are people using these two posts to over-stretched the frame? To prevent distortion? It is never wise to use the two head and throat posts to control distortion. You do this by positioning the 4 side supports.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Please be advised that for hold-down systems you should screw down the two knobs on the head and throad hold-down or clamping devices tight. But on suspension systems there are no hold-down or clamp-down devices to tighten. What they have are just two posts that you can move horizontally, either inwards or otwards. These posts are just posts, nothing else, but they are sometimes wrongly used by stringers as supports or load-spreaders, which is like putting a square peg into a round hole.

17. chicha

chicha Regular Member

If the N/S post should be screw down just firmly to hold the racket without over-stretched the frame, then how tight should the 4 side supports be screw down?

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I don't quite understand what you mean. Posts cannot be screwed down because there are no hold-down or clamp-down devices to screw down with. Posts are present in suspension system machine but not in hold-down machines. The 4 side supports for suspension system and hold-down system are different from each other. For suspension system the 4 side supports secure the racquet and support it to withstand the loads imposed on the frame from pulling and tensioning of the string. Just ensure the 4 side supports are flush with the 4 corners of the frame without distorting the frame. If your side supports can be moved to a location no higher than grommet #13, say between grommet #12 and #13, at the throat end on both sides and at the top to a location not higher than grommet # 12 on both sides, you are ok. If not then you have to live with some distortion.
    However, with a hold-down system with 4 side supports you can have virtually distortionless stringing.

19. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    What do you mean??:rolleyes:
    I said it is 'advisable' & did not say 'always use it'.
    Please read all the words in the post & try to understand before trying to prove you are the expert!!!!

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I believe you said it is always adviseable to use extra padding.......etc. My opinion is no, as the hard rubber on the inner side of the two posts that comes with a stock suspension system machine is all you need, simply because it has better energy absorption from the stress and load from stringing the mains than "extra paddings" such as foam and leather.
    If you disagree you can of course continue with your extra paddings of foam and leather.