Will Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong do better without Rexy Mainaky?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Sep 3, 2011.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    nearer to manado? aha.. ;)

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Things must have been really(X3) bad for Rexy to leave before OG 2012. Thought he would stay on till the gals finish off the OG but I guess his heart wasnt in it after all that had happened

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    USD12K/month may sound a lot but in England, with the high tax and the high cost of living, that is not bad but not great, if you add on the Brits OLY12 pressure/expectation. Russia, I dunno much. INA, that would be a lot of rupees but then is INA really offering USD12K/mth? Phillipines is a smart choice, given baddy is low in the totem pole and only way is up, and the standard of living could be lower than MAS.

Now, back to Rexy and his leaving that impacts MAS baddy. Really, who needs Rexy, no big deal, Rexy only claim to fame were winning AE and Asian Games gold. In MAS, we have has the famous trio of NCC who competently and famously lead MAS team to train in Bath and LCW went on to MAS WC silver and gave a polished interview after Dato lost to LD;), ironman Ghani, know-all Kenny Goh and Bata James high performance whatever and don't-know-what-this-chap-really-knows Pang and MAS-best TKR, MAS has no fear (fear only goes to the weak:D) and MAS will out to conquer all that come into her path. Just wait till OLY12, MAS will win but if not win, no fear, our NCC will surely cook up some strategy to improve the team, maybe train in Haadyai and continue to collect the MAYBANK loot:p:D

4. King's

King's Regular Member

Dude, you certainly have to address the taxation part eh?:cool:

5. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    We are taxed high too here, on top of that, our winter is far colder than yours. Actually, I have many Brits friends, from what I heard, it is very expensive to live in UK esp London. My Brits friends told me for them to parttime retire in UK with Canadian pension is tough. But for us to retire in MAS with Canadian pension, that is the opposite;)

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Ever thought of coming back? With all those Canadian money? You will live like a king.:D

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    The plan is 3 more years of work here, balik MAS for 4-5 months a year to escape the Canadian winter, then back to Canada for Spring and summer gardening/fishing and see our kids. That's the plan but God may have other plan, so let's see. We just do not want to regret one day not carrying our plan when health allows us to do so only to find out later when health fails, the plan becomes kaput. BTW, we are going to Beiging for 2 weeks later this year on the way for 2 more weeks in MAS.

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    It is a very sad news indeed...Since INA has a lot of potential MD players, Rexy mens double instinct & the decision he took when partnering up KKK-TBH a few years back is a priceless addition to the INA MD Team... He & INA coaches might be able to form a few strong MD...

Well, hopefully Rexy & his family enjoy their time in Philippine...We shall see Philippine becomes better in Badminton after adding Rexy in their team.

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Looks to me that TBH is quite naughty guy..:D

10. freakout89

freakout89 Regular Member

Pang trying to overtake Rexy's role and the problem with BAM maybe the cause of Rexy resignation. Good for him actually he should left earlier. Quite surprise to me when read the article this morning

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this show u how people inside bam play their power game
    hehe
    thats why misbun,wong tat meng leave
    even rosman razak want to leave

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    We both are the odd ones out for OT.

Some people are just so fortunate but I guess you make your own. Enjoy, Bro.

13. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    ooo..like that yeah...

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Now, the whole world knows abt pang and tbh. Kkk is a woos....scared of tbh? ;)
    rexy is in high demand. So many options. Every asian country can hire him.

#834 extremenanopowe, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Now I know why the communication between KKK and TBH is deterioriating day by day...

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday April 13, 2012
    Rexy Mainaky finally calls time on seven-year stint as coach
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: National coach Rexy Mainaky has finally called time on his remarkable seven-year stint – one of the longest by a foreign badminton coach – in Malaysia.
    Looking quite relaxed and even jovial during the press conference in Bukit Jalil yesterday, the 44-year-old Rexy dropped a bombshell by announcing that he is leaving to begin a new challenge as the Philippines national coaching director.
    Having served the one-month notice, he will begin work in Manila on May 1, although his contract with the National Sports Council (NSC) runs until June next year.
    But he will be around for the next two weeks with his Olympic-bound shuttlers Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty and the other women shuttlers before officially handing over the duties to coaches Jeremy Gan and Chong Kien Ling.
    Rexy had earlier quit twice – during the 2006 Asian Games and 2008 Malaysian Open – while he was the coach of the men’s doubles department but was coaxed back.

In September last year, Rexy was demoted from coaching the men’s doubles department to the women’s doubles when his blue-eyed boys Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong requested for a new coach to take their game to a higher level.
    “This time my decision to quit the national team is final. I informed boss Kenny (Goh, general manager) after the All-England last month,” said Rexy.

“But I want everyone to be clear that I am leaving on a good note. It should not be linked with anything bad. I have enjoyed coaching here in Malaysia and I have good working relationships with the BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia) and the NSC.
    “I have come to a stage where I wanted a new and fresh challenge.”
    Asked why he could not wait for a few more months to guide Eei Hui-Pei Tty to the London Olympic Games before tendering his resignation letter, Rexy took a while before saying: “No comment.”
    Although he put up a happy front, it is quite obvious that Rexy is deeply affected by someone’s actions in the BAM administration and the way the women’s doubles have been neglected. Rexy, who chose to keep some things to himself, said he is looking forward to the challenge of coaching in the Philippines under a two-year contract.
    He denied that he was leaving for better financial terms.
    “Russia had offered me even more – about US$12,000 a month but I did not take it up. Indonesia and England too have asked me to join them. The Philippines are paying about the same amount offered by Malaysia but I chose them because of the challenge,” he said.
    “I will have the freedom to choose the players and the coaches and draft the programme from scratch. They have 20 national shuttlers without any standing in the world and this number is small for a country of 55 million.
    “To change all this will be a great accomplishment for a coach and this is what I intend to do. Park Joo-bong took over Japan when the country did not have many good players but look at where they are now. Of course, it’ll take time but I am ready for the challenge.”
    Asked about his moments of joy and sorrow as a coach here, he chose to speak of only two major disappointments: “I promised Malaysians that I will produce a world and Olympic champion ... but I am disappointed that I was unable to achieve either.”

Kien Keat-Boon Heong were Rexy’s best pair and they did the country proud by winning the 2006 Doha Asiad gold medal and the 2007 All-England title. They maintained their supremacy as the country’s best doubles pair over the last seven years.
    The duo came close to nicking the 2010 World Championships crown but crashed out in the final in Paris and failed to make any headway at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
    When prodded to give his thoughts on BAM’s coaching and training structure and also Kien Keat-Boon Heong’s chances at the London Games, Rexy said: “Everything is in place at BAM and the system is good. I can’t be saying anything else. As for Kien Keat-Boon Heong, they have a chance at the London Games ... but it all lies in their hands.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/4/13/sports/11099376.asp&sec=sports

17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Even reporters know something is fishy....Rexy denied the rumor that someone within BAM didn't like his existence in MAS badminton which is true....the genius NCC....

18. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    No surprise there...So siau la this NCC...How did he get to work in BAM again??

19. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    Rexy did what he could in these years, in regardless big or small achievements.
    If you're not happy, leave (while you have other options) to seek better opportunties elsewhere, at least for a change.
    After all, Rexy will not be happy if he continues to stay there on.

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It is good for Rexy to leave if the current workplace is not suitable to him. No point staying. All the best to him.