APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. freezing

freezing Regular Member

Student
    has anyone tried the apacs pc 998(clone of yonex mp 99)before?
    I wanted to buy it,but the uncle said that it cant be stringed at a high tension.
    And,the uncle is selling it at $59.

#501 freezing, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  2. alihaydor

alihaydor Regular Member

it is same as the mp 99. and it can be strung at high tensions

3. punchclear

punchclear Regular Member

I'm not sure if it plays the same as MP99, but I have strung one up at 28lbs x 31lbs with no problems...;)

4. freezing

freezing Regular Member

Student
    Erm,is it good to use?

5. punchclear

punchclear Regular Member

Wasn't my racket... But I have friends who like the way it plays very much...

6. freezing

freezing Regular Member

Student
    icic,thanks for telling me.i think i will buy this racquet and string it at 24lbs.^^

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hi ppl,is there anyone who tried or have AM700?Is it the same with the AP700?N how's it compared to NP900white?

Thx b4..

8. xcute

xcute Regular Member

How good is the Apacs Visible Hollow 1800? Is it better than Proace lightning 838. Any articles around about the racket that i can read?

9. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    Hi i've tried the am700 & also use the 900white b4 actually i feel no different haha but i still prefer the armotec900 white colour in aspac felt abit more special n nice of the racket n design of cos...

10. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    I should feel proace lighting838 will be better & stronger than the aspac 1800...

11. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Anyone has experienced the handle wood break?down the cone like me before?My AT900's wood is broken..n i expect to get it replaced by the end of the chinese new year period.

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

i mean the AP900..

13. xcute

xcute Regular Member

thx for the reply.=) appreciate it.
    How about Prince TT and also KX? are they better than Apacs 1800 or ProAce lightning? and is Carbonex 21 Special better?
    I want something light and not too expensive

14. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    Like that i suggest u take the aspac brand more better...

15. ignatio103

ignatio103 Regular Member

it
    yo are we talking about apacs or another brand like aspac?

16. Retro_10s

Retro_10s Regular Member

Thought I'd give some general feedback on the Edge sabre 7 I've had for a while (i've got to admit,.. I've swapped it now for an Apacs Nanopower 900)

Well I first got the racket just before christmas and frankly I hated everything about it,.. so put it back in the case and forgot about it. However two weekends ago i gave it a re-string with some blue BG80's I had lying around, and strung it up to 27lbs and boy did it change the racket or what!

My main feeling i just couldn't get over was how 'long' the racket felt,.. My smash suffered a lot from,.. I feel perhaps this is not because the racket is physically longer (though the handle is longer than other rackets) but perhaps the racket is quite whippy?.. certainly feels rather flexible,.. which I don't like in a racket,.. However, I kept pluggin and eventually i started getting more results with it,.. rather good for smashes i found and counter clears were right to the back line and no further with a lovely snappy sound when i hit the shuttle

Obviously some of this is down to my body adjusting and my technique slightly slightly changing,.. but I think this rackets deserves some credit as it seems to have been insulted more than praised here. But in my eyes,.. APACS have produced far better rackets. Like the Nano9000 I love so much,.. such a great racket,. really light,.. takes huge tensions (had mine up to 36lbs for an experiment,.. dont worry, back down to 28 now hehe) and suits my game whole heartedly.

17. greyes

greyes Regular Member

professor
    APACS nano 700 power

I just tried nano 700 power last week (with ashaway powergut 0.66 mm, about 24 x 26 lbs). It's a reaaally powerful racket at about 85-86g! There's a noticeable speed difference relative to my GOSEN 7900, which is strung at almost the same tension, for smashes. One thing though, is that it vibrates substantially on every shot. I added a thick overgrip to dampen this, but you can still feel it. Pretty good for the price though!

18. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Any one can give the specs for Apacs vhs 1800, and the nano 900 power, or provide links for it. I just can't find it :eek: ...

TQ

19. Retro_10s

Retro_10s Regular Member

I've just ordered another Nanospeed9000 (or nano9000speed depending on how they decide to badge it hehe) I can't wait,.. I play on the APACS nano7000/7700 and 9000S I have since sold the edge sabre7 i had,.. just wasn't stiff enough for me.

Not sure what strings i'm gonna use on the new 9000S,.. I usually end up going for old faithful BG65's strung at around 26lbs but I really enjoyed the BG80's, felt a lot more solid when hitting anything,.... just seems getting hold of them is a bit harder over here in UK,..

What are you guys using on your 9000's?... Mine will arrive with ashaway xl's on... and the first thing i'm doing is taking them off,.. piece of crap string if you ask me.

20. Retro_10s

Retro_10s Regular Member

Might as well post this here, a couple of members have asked me if I know where to get APACS rackets in the UK, since i play on them and am resident here.

In short, No. I don't know where to get them from in the UK,.. I'm lucky as I have a guy in my local club who flits over to Asia Twice a year and brings rackets back with him,.. but they go like hot cakes at the club. I'm trying to find a UK distributor for them but i have not succeeded yet.

So I'm currently getting them off A guy called 'racket sports' on Ebay, had 5 rackets off him so far and they've all been good, strings are Durakill66's which a quite poor though that's the only problem, I've retrung them all since i got them, with BG80's and BG65Ti's, I'm wating on an NS9K that's coming with Ashaway strings on. My experience of Ashaway strings is not good but hopefully they'll prove me wrong.

Anyone found a UK distributor/supplier?