JJS/LYD - Road to the WR #1

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by narnia, Dec 22, 2008.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It seems that you had to fiund excuses if LYD lost...when KOR sagainst MAS, LYD played long XD, LCW finished KOR MS quicker than LD against Park, still LYD could win MAS MD.....
    Lost is lost....you just praised them that LYD/JJS still performed well eventhough JJS was in military which it is true but then when KOR MD lost to China MD then you said that because it was not enough time to practice...look at INA MD..hendra just paired with Ahsan in this week, still preformed well eventhough they lost..I do not see any excuses from INA's side..learn to accept the loss...

2. narnia

narnia Regular Member

lol.... read carefully word by word. :)

3. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Indeed, the Chinese are so smart to come up with good tactic to trash Korea. Perhaps Korean coaches should all be fired for totally falling for the Chinese ploy. :p:p

LYD, in my view, is a great player. He gave both XD and MD games his all despite the odds against him. He is noticeably tired during MD but still stayed with the game throughout -- fantastic spirit. In the end, he is still human.

Net hunting skills of LHJ is simply not on par with YY. Against FHF/CY, their placement were crafty and especially testing on the already tired LYD. You will notice that FHF used more drops than usual. I'm sure a fresh LYD/JJS will certainly do better (I was hoping for that to watch the WS) but the SC finals simply isn't theirs to take.

Despite their narrow loss, JJS/LYD can certainly hold their head up high. Both pairs played excellent badminton and wowed all viewers with one of the best matches in SC'09.

#343 weeyeh, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
  4. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Very true. I was at the edge of my seat the entire time they played XD and MD.

China (as a team) is definitely a great tactitian. They know that LYD/LHJ is a pair to beat so they combined the best front player (YY) and the best rear court player (ZB). And they know that LHY has a problem in her defense so they attacked her most of the time.

And if you're going to notice, in the MD event, they mostly bombarded the attack to LYD. The Chinese also changed their strategy by making Fu make 2 to 3 drop shots before attacking explosively. However, the Koreans countered this by changing the strategy in the 2nd set. They kept the shuttle flat at all times and maintained the attack. They knew FHF was too strong with his smashes. But this costs them dearly because in the 3rd set, LYD could not smash hard enough to penetrate the defense of the Chinese pair. But they gave a valiant effort. I think it's the greatest match this year.

5. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Stats time...

Win, post the stats. Lost, post the stats too.
    Gotta be fair.;)

Attached Files:

• LOST.JPG
      LOST.JPG
      File size:
      37.5 KB
      Views:
  6. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Thanks for the uploading. As seen in the graph, JJS/LYD all the way led the match but unfortunately come back finally because of JJS's insufficient training after military service and LYD's tiredness after full-set match in XD. Great players! :)

p.s. I didn't upload the match against HS/Ahsan as it was not worthy to mention.

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Excuses..excuse..you said that after military..JJS and Park become different, better..blah..blah..when they lost..tired..bunch of excuses..your KOR team not even gave any excuses for their own loss but their fan gave the excuses...LYD/JJS in my opinion is not great pair..they have to prove to win OG and WC....Ahsan/Hendra is a scratch pair that being formed in 2 days...but at least they did well against Cai Yun/FHF....thought LYD is so smart that he wont lose to same pair? LOL.....

8. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Yes, Excuses, Reasonable Excuses. Yeah. Lost is Lost.

We only analyzing about the loss. Why can't we? This forum is the place for this sort of stuff. Relax... :)

9. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

excuse me, do you know what are "reasonable" and "analyzing"? please learn from Venkatesh's post above...

Are you aware that the chinese XD pair ZB/YY is the first time pairing for such an important match!!! Do you remember how the Chinese team performed when they came back from their military camp early this year??? Have you got any clue what's JJY's life in the military? Maybe he's in the military badminton team practicing every day (joking)... not to mention that Fu/Cai also changed partners for a while between late last year and early this year....

What I like to say is that national competition is a serious and professional business, if JJS is not in good form or the pair is not good enough, do you think the Korean coaches would be fool enough to play them in such an important final, and even the matches before (don't you mention that they did beat KKK/TBH and Boe/Morg in 2 sets in the prior rounds?)!!

relax, a loss is a loss.. they were just outplayed at that match... no need to find cowardic excuses...

10. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Welcome a newbie... If you want to know about all your wonders, read my postings carefully in this thread and learn more about the players. :)

11. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

"Excuses" or not, it depends on perspective. The loss is graciously accepted. The real coward is not to learn from those defeats. Similarly, it is a crime not to appreciate the beauty of these matches.

FHF/CY played brilliant badminton that took advantage of LYD's relative physiological condition. Great choice of tactic by the Chinese and a well deserved win. Both pairs faced certain defeat at various points and demonstrated the utmost fighting spirit.

12. kirana

kirana Regular Member

Just because he is a newbie doesn't mean he/she does not know as much as you about the players, who knows he regularly visit this web without signing in, i.e as a "guess", be humble my friend:)

13. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    relax folks........

14. headphones

headphones Regular Member

attention all newbies: I highly recommend reviewing and studying all of narnia's posts. I once knew next to nothing about any badminton player, but that all changed after thorough and diligent review of narnia's posts. His insight is unparalleled; sometimes he seems to know more about LYD than LYD himself! :)

On topic: I look forward to seeing LYD/JJS excel at the World Championships in Hyderabad :)

15. narnia

narnia Regular Member

As I mentioned, I fundamentally credit CHN's win to Fu's remarkable improvement. And I analyzed why KOR lost from the view point of KOR's side. Definately KOR could finish the rubber game in winning state but LYD's consecutive errors in the final stage failed it. He was losing concentration at the very important timing as it was his "sixth" game on the very court; he only could take tens of minutes for taking rest during MS match.

Nevertheless, they were leading the game until the final come back.

Despite Fu's improved power and in-court movement, the CHN team still lacks in the fundamental apsects of MD; speedy drives, rotations, techniques, strategical movements in comparison with JJS/LYD. What they are specialized in is only the traditional way of standing; front-back, that's vulnerable if you can't make effective smashes like Fu did at the final match (he can't do it like that in all tourneys; it usually depends on the mood on the very day.) and their opponents can prepare for it in advance.
    (Note I like Cai/Fu very much. I'm only analyzing their abilities in my viewpoint.)

One more "little" side-talk; JJS's smashes were not so powerful as before. He seemed not used to his new Victor racket from his military duty. On the contrary, CHN have played with the Lining rackets for a longer time. That could be a reason for the difference they showed.

Relax always. This is only a game as we enjoy watching and thinking of great players. :)

#355 narnia, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

lol, there you go again. what will you say if lyd won that match? great physical strength?;) imo, u should say lyd lost his concentration at the very important timing of this match. He was making so much erros towards the end of the 3rd set and that cost he and his partner, JJS failed it.
    as for the racket problem, i can't see fu having problem with his new li ning rackets?;)

17. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Please read carefully what I wrote; you seem to just browse it. I wrote all you are wondering about. You need to read the details. :)

Yeah, in spite of win or loss, LYD always risking his physical strength as he plays in two categories usually up to the finals. Especially in the final event, he could take only about tens of minutes in hustle. Why can't it be one of the reasons for his loss? I already saw many people here mentioning about that before the game and after. :)

18. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

On the aspects you named, FHF does lack consistency in speedy drives but not CY. Rotation is happening a lot since the pair prefers to have FHF behind and they are usually successful in carrying that out. You need to be more specific about techniques and strategic movements.

19. narnia

narnia Regular Member

CY/FHF's formation is basic, traditional but monotonous; if you would say it is also a kind of rotational movement it would be true. However, in contemporary badminton, especially in MD, many variations have been brought in with the introduction of 21 rally systems. Especially instant and speedy drives and strategic variations in rotations and dynamic movements are making them taking the edge; look KKK, Setiawan, and Lee Yong Dae. Cai Yun is still good but a guy of old age and usually he can only make points in the front when Fu can back up in the rear court. (Unusually, in this event, Fu quite improved in his front-net attacks as preparing in advance with racket up consistently.) That formation is so vulnerable once one of them can't do his role; usually they can't because it's difficult to keep it consistently. And they should be multi-player in all-around court.
    (If you want to mention the win of AE 2009, in that event, the WR #1 who was the champion of AE 2008 and #2 who was OG Gold medalist were not there to compete them. It was lucky for them.)

In sum, even though Fu improved a lot, they still lack in more advanced skills that current badminton requires. They could win this event just because Fu was in good form. We can check it in their next matches if he can be consistent.

Note I always enjoy discussing on the matches among the top 4 in the world. The only team who have shown their consistent performance in current badminton of MD is JJS/LYD; they have mostly advanced to the Finals. The partnership had some break time for the past couple of months and still they showed their promising future.

#359 narnia, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

well, well, well. are we talking about the same pair that won WC, AE, olympics silver and with no less than 15 major titles todate? aren't you belittled the rest of the MD around?