Victor New Racket Meteor X JJS ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Polaroid, May 18, 2012.

1. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Depends on the flex you prefer.

2. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

The stiffness is similar. The LYD will swing faster cause of the sword frame. Probably better for defense. The JJS would most likely be better for offense.
    Check out the LYD vs JJS thread. There are a couple.

3. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    aren't they both the same?

4. Chien

Chien Regular Member

I have mx jjs both tw coded 3u and 4u. Vt80pg 3u and 4u. My weapon of choice is mxjjs 3u. Mx jjs 3u and 4u in terms of playability or weight wise isn't that much difference. The slight differences 3u is more head heavy and 4u more balanced racket. The differences goes unnoticed. Hope that helps fellow bc readers. My opinion based without factual or scientific measurements.

5. SolsticeOfLight

For some reason I thought the LYD was stiffer :-/

6. smidsy1985

smidsy1985 Regular Member

Yeah, I've ordered my Victor MX-JJS 3U G5 from MBS!!!
    It's going to be strung with Toalson NP 66 at 23 lbs.
    I'll hope it fits perfectly between my allready owned rackets, the Yonex Voltric 80 and Victor BraveSword LYD.
    Does somebody have a comparison of all the 3 rackets?
    Greetings
    Erik.

7. swunk

swunk Regular Member

vt80 and bslyd are very different. vt80 is way more headheavy.

also, about toalson nano premium - i'd advise against it, tried it on a couple of rackets, kindda dull feeling, didn't like it at all.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Was it the old or new colour LYD that you ended up getting? Not that it makes a difference for the comparison, just curious :D

#528 demolidor, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  9. smidsy1985

It was the "old" model, the white/yellow one.....

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:) okay, was wondering since it was mentioned in another thread this new colour would not even be available in the UK for some time. It is available now though in Germany so was also wondering if they even had it at Regeer back when you bought your LYD ...

11. smidsy1985

Ooh i think there's a little misunderstanding, i already owned the Voltric 80 and also the LYD.
    The MX-JJS is my new weapon i've ordered.....
    Why isn't the toalson np 66 no good string, is the dull feeling you mentioned already there freshly stringed?
    Greetings.

12. swunk

swunk Regular Member

well since u've already ordered the racket to be strung with toalson then there's not much point in talking bout it, you'll make your own opinion if you havent used this string yet. I used 3 rackets with it, vt80, arc7 and nanoray60 and liked the string on none of them. It's kinda okay, and durability is good, but when there're so many better alternatives, i dont know why use it. bg80 is better, 66 ultimax is better, zymax 65 is waay better. now waiting for li-ning ns30 to give it a go.

sorry for the offtopic )

13. smidsy1985

Hi, swunk and all the others :cool:
    Normaly i strung my rackets with zymax 65 but i wanted to try something new, if i don like it i can always change it to other strings wich i've in my home, wich one of the following do you prefer the best out of this list and for my mx-jjs (ofcourse otherwise it's going way off topic...) and more important why??
    Zymax 65 Red
    Toalson NP 66 white
    Toalson BL 6800 black
    Toalson BL 8000 yellow
    Yonex BG 85 Blue
    Yonex BG 80P Orange
    Yonex BG 80 Black
    Some people say that different colours play differently that's why i put them on the list.
    Greetings
    Erik

14. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I had black strings on my MX-JJS and it looked gorgeous. Orange or red would probably look good too.

15. smidsy1985

It's more about performance than the looks, I think this racket always looks sexy no matter what stringcolour....

16. swunk

swunk Regular Member

i've read a lot of respected opinions here that the color of the string doesn't matter
    as for the strings themselves, in my world it's like this:
    bg80 and bg80p are always a safe choice if you want a rather durable string with above average performance in every aspect. good for both plastic and feathers
    zymax 65 (i use white) are great in every aspect both for plastic and feathers, but durability is worse. tension loss is rather insignificant over time
    bg66 ultimax - i don't like it at all with plastic shuttles, with weather - it's good, but imho zymax is better anyway.
    about toalson i've written earlier.
    i've tried victor vs850 only once, it has a great feel and repulsion, amazing control and nice sound, but it snapped after 3 or 4 sessions and also many people here complain about fast tension loss. so i dont plan to use it again.
    i dunt think it matters what racket to string, mx-jjs or any other, good string will play well on any racket. i like zymax 65 on my bslyd very much and since these two rackets have similar characteristics, i'd recommend it, no matter what the color is.
    as for myself, i'm putting high hopes on ns30, but can't recommend since i'm yet to try it )

17. SolsticeOfLight

On the other hand, the BG80 might be the worst string I've ever tried. It's competing for the spot with the NG95.

18. amleto

amleto Regular Member

racket clash and broke one of my mx60... need to get a replacement mx60, but so also thinking of buying some mx-JJS at the same time. Just want to make sure they're not massively stiffer than mx60.

mx60 and TPro are fine for me, sw35 is too stiff.

19. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

I tried both racket mx60 and mx jjs... Personally, I think that stiffness of the racket shouldn't matter too much unless you are gripping onto the racket too tight while playing. After I have tried to hold on the racket in a relaxed manner when I am not hitting the shuttle, my elbow and bicep aches seems to have gone away.

20. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Just got myself a 3U MX JJS and tried for a 3 hrs session... what can I say, I'm lovin' it!