Yonex Nanogy 98 New String (NBG98)

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by ants, Jan 29, 2007.

1. jacksiong

jacksiong Regular Member

Computer support
    i'm just brought my new TI-10 3rd generation with Nanogy 98(red), is RM420(Racket) + RM48(String) =RM468. At Puchong AJ Badminton.

2. Mwesty

Mwesty Regular Member

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

4. Mwesty

Mwesty Regular Member

On my website I have all restrings for £10, any string. I'm going to wait until I finish this promotion before sticking it on. I couldn't offer a restring with the NBG98 for £10. Probably going to make it £12-£14 roughly.

Not using it or tested it myself yet. I only use BG80 at the moment. Probably will in a couple weeks when the season has finished.

5. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

6. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    That is great news! Yonex finally decides to let the rest of the world to get the NBG98 without paying premium price.
    [​IMG]

7. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

yes definitely. i got them for about 10USD each. there was JP version available too around 15USD

8. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I got it about rm35 and it is about USD10 but unfortunately this is not japan version, because nowadawys china version is much more cheaper, and this string is generated good power as well as bg66, but i really cant find any diff.

9. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

you will after a couple days, when the bg66 snaps but the 98's stay in place. also, i think 98's are a bit numb, and a little slippery.

10. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

lets me tried and update here.

11. BJOOI

BJOOI Regular Member

marketing
    where did you string this Nanogy 98 at RM35? Fyi, all Nanogy98 is made in japan and there is no china made N98. I'm afraid you got a fake string which is made in china at this low price. Unless you order tonnes of the strings from Yonex m'sia, probably, you may get it at this price, but of course, strings only, no stringing provided!!

12. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

in UK, NBG98 is around US$6-10 per 10-m pack. so, price of RM35 is reasonable.

13. gavinloh

gavinloh Regular Member

Stringer in MY say that SP version and JP version of this string is different. I am not sure how true is this.

Review (Nanospeed 9900 @ 26Lbs)
    Definately more powerful compare with BG66 and NG85 that I have. However, it is harder to control at net and drops are not accurate, probably because of the high tension. I have no issues with another NS9900 with BG85 @ 24Lbs. Clears and drive are great. Repulsion are good for smashes and I believe the durability will be higher than BG66.

Require to play few more times to get the tension lower to determine whether can it replace my current favorite BG85.

14. gavinloh

gavinloh Regular Member

Played 2 hours + 1 1/2 training. Same review where as It has better repulsion due to the 0.66 nature. However, it is lacking of control and it is slightly slippery compare with BG66 and BG85 that I have. Conclusion, it is a great string if priced same as BG85, else get BG85 in your place.

15. moore_shady

moore_shady Regular Member

What's the difference between JP version & SP version of nanogy 98 string?

16. Petah

Petah Regular Member

I am 99% certain there is a CH version of this string. However, i am not sure if there are actually any difference when compared to its JP counterpart. Like all JP yonex products, no one really knows if there are any difference aside from the price premium.

17. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

the Nanogy 98 is definitely more durable than BG66, however it's more slippery (the feel of net shots would be different).
    for an alternative, do try the Li Ning AP62 (0.62mm). When strung properly at a reasonable tension, it is just as powerful and durable as the NBG98, if not better.

18. TsAr83

TsAr83 Regular Member

I have strung Nanogy 98 on my Gosen racket and also on Head Power Metalix......beautiful string......found no issues with drop shots infact my drops are better now....bit costly....

19. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

I have the same question with you..today I strung my racket with NG-98 for the second time (the last time I used NG-98 was about a year ago). I was surprised to figure out that the the price is far cheaper than it used to be. Then I found-out that this NG-98 I purchased is SP coded; while the JP coded NG-98 (which I purchased a year ago) price remains expensive.

The stringer said the materials are different. Also the JP coded one is exactly 0.66 mm in diameter while the SP coded one is slightly thicker. Tonight I'm gonna try its performance on court.

20. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Sorry to dig up an old threat, but since there are new colors available (yellow and red) I wonder if any of you have durability problems with the colored ones. At first, a yellow one ruined my Yonex Voltric 80 because it snapped during storage and the head cracked. Recently, I checked my Voltric 70 with the same string (red), and it also snapped during storage. The VT80 was only strung at 11 kg, and the VT70 at 10,5 kg. It may be my stringing technique, but other strings are still fine and these just snapped during storage. I have a ARC10PG strung with Yellow NBG98 at the same tension as the ARC10 in cosmic gold, but the string feels different.