New Vision 20th Dec 2008 (Saturday) 10AM-1PM Beginner - Average

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by jk1980, Dec 14, 2008.

1. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

How dare u bocor my rahsia ! Ok, lunch treat at KFC from findecano this upcoming session ! :D:p:p:cool:

Anyway it is, my ProAce Widebody 33 is wayyyyy too light,while my Yonex Cab20 SP is designed for supremely balance so lack of power. Trying out 1st. Owh, its actually Visible Hollow 1800.

#41 mizivincible, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  2. findecano1

findecano1 Regular Member

Customer Service Exec
    Wuakaka....Vision ..Visible...duhh got blurry eyes looking at the screen whole day... Well can't wait till Sat to meet you guys up! Gonna see some new toys eh?? :D

3. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Here too, the year in your thread's title was '2007'.
    It's been changed to '2008' :)

4. tucked

tucked Regular Member

Application Engineer
    Sorry guys, i was about to reply to the issue on Mont kiara when my office server down..

to CYK80 simple :
    if 1 unit can only rent 1 court, then just get the leng lui next door to book one more court.. then invite her to play and we can then invite 12 ppl.. problem solved! And i get to know 1 more girl. How are we going to share 1 court in NV?

to Mizivincible :
    I am using ProAce widebody 55. it is indeed light but i never knew light could be a problem. Maybe that's why i m playing porly. Kindly explain..
    Will i lose more impact on the shuttle?.. If it's a matter of changing kinetic energy from the racquet to the shuttle,
    then Work=0.5(mass)(velocity)^2 hence we need to increase velocity to substitute for the lack of mass??? That means, jk1980's heavier arm is more powerful than me for the same velocity! hahahahah.

5. mizivincible

You detailed explanation says it all. Im taking engineering course yet I have hard time explaining to that extend level :D

But,its true indeed, this is usually apply to hard smashing. Well, of course if you have weak wrist, you cant blame on the lightweight racket not giving you enough power on the smashes. A racket is a medium to transfer your energy to the shuttle hence I need to increase the velocity (smashing harder) for lightweight racket. Now I wonder why jk1980 smashes are that hard, directly penetrating our defense,shuttlecock cutting through the air with blazing speed - its all combination of heavy arm and his Yonex TI-10 ;)

6. tucked

tucked Regular Member

Application Engineer
    har har har.. yes indeed.
    Not yet sleep?:confused:

jk1980 is indeed strong. He once nearly squeezed a man to death on his bare one hand. Luckily for us, the only protection we've got is the badminton court net!!! :p

7. eddychan

eddychan Regular Member

retired
    I almost flunked physics in school, but this I remember:

m1v1=m2v2

m1=mass of racket+player
    v1=velocity of racket head
    m2=mass of shuttle
    v2=velocity of shuttle

theoretically, a lighter racket would need increased velocity of the racket head to make a strong smash
    theoretically, a 100kg player would deliver a stronger smash than a 60kg player???

8. tucked

tucked Regular Member

Application Engineer
    ok let's try the momentum equation :
    1 for racket, 2 for shuttle
    R=racket S=shuttle
    U=velocity before impact V=velocity after impact, so we need V2 to be big for smash.

R1U1 + S2U2 = R1V1 + S2V2, since shuttle coming from opposite direction
    R1U1 - S2U2 = R1V1 + S2V2, move the R1 to left side & factor :eek:
    R1(U1 - V1) = S2(V2 + U2), then we aim for increasing V2
    (R1/S2)(U1-V1) = V2 + U2, then rearrange for V2
    V2 = (R1/S2)(U1-V1) - U2, hence we conclude that :

1. R1 = racket mass need to be high
    2. S2 = shuttle mass need to be low (impossible to manipulate)
    3. U1 = racket velocity need to be high
    4. V1 = incoming shuttle is lower speed give faster smash result
    5. Finally U2 racket after collision will be slower.. (impossible to manipulate)

For that we see that the mass impact is as much as the velocity impact
    and not like the kinetic equation where velocity is squared.

Which equation is correct???:p

9. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

Guys, bad news...for me at least. Sprained my ankle from yesterdays game. I may not be able to make it this Saturday. From the feel of it...seems bad. May need a couple of days to recover.

We'll see ok. I'll try tit tah chau everyday to see if it helps.

10. DaveC

DaveC Regular Member

IT manager, Lifetime Badminton Player
    wahh... you still have a Proace widebody 55 ? The racket is not really that light and it have good smashing and whiping power with very good control and feel. I have worn out and break over 10 pcs of this model. It's already 20++ over years in the market and is one of the best racket of it's time (besides Yonex). This racket came back into production atleast 5 times due to poupular demand.
    Yang Yang (World champ & All England champ at that time), was using this racket wile playing against Morton Frost to win the titles. Yonex was his sponser but for some reason he opt to use this racket over the Yonex's racket.
    I would would be more than willing to trade for it with any of my acepac rackets that i am currently using.
    regards

#50 DaveC, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  11. mcnair

mcnair New Member

Hello friends

I'm interesting in joining your badminton group.

My skill is average only but have passion to improve on it.

I'm 27 yrs old Indian guy. Appreciate if I can join you guys.

12. CalvinSeak

CalvinSeak Regular Member

can i join saturdays slot? :D i would love to play a game with you all!

13. mizivincible

Wish u speedy recover bro. Dont rush la, give it a rest 1st, you rilly have to let it fully recover if not you may sprain it in short time.

I did experience it 5-6 times during basketball training, and the last one fractured my ankle bone. It takes me a whole semester (4 months) for me to play sports again. So wish u fast fast recover aite !

14. mizivincible

Over 10 pcs ? Means you broke one you get the same racket for over 10 times ? You must love the racket very much. Must try out tucked's ProAce Widebody 55 after this, since sifu daveC highly rates it.

15. DaveC

DaveC Regular Member

Yes, and sometimes I buy 2 pcs at a time, the problem is this racket does not last if you play hard game. Fro your info, because they have stop prodcution and then re-produce the racket a few times. Of the at least 5 times they did it (that i know of), the blue colour ProAce WB 55 is heaviest & worst of all the batch but still consider good to use and it's very lasting. (the batch before the blue are the best but does not last long.)
    First was golden/light grey, then golden grey, then silver light grey, then blue, then silver light grey. Something like that.

They are other Widebody model are a bit comparable this racket, they are ProAce Widebody 328, 320 & 99. If you are lucky you may still be able to get it at some stores but are also out of production.

btw... sorry that is out of tropic. Can't help, maybe i will join your session so i can steal tucked's racket :p

16. tucked

tucked Regular Member

Application Engineer
    DaveC... how much did you bought the racket for the last time?
    I m curious.
    Also you are so ganas lah, how did u manage to break 10?
    When u say whiping.. did u wipe the floor with it but I m sure u meant whipping the shuttlecocks...;)
    Unfortunately i love the racket very much although old, i never changed.

Mizi.. i want to try your ProAce 35 too.., see what;s the difference... :D

17. mizivincible

Owh I see, so its been in production for more than 20 years. Do you still have any Widebody 55 left in your possesion ? Or all have become history ? From your words, I believe you have tried all the batches right ? How much you bought it last time ?

18. DaveC

DaveC Regular Member

Whiping the shuttlecork leh :p:p. That time i play almost everyday and some does not even last 6 months. Also sometimes kenna knock by other players then the racket got weak and crack.
    The retail price is around RM150 to RM170 w/bag
    Ya, you see, you also say you love the racket, it means you also feel its good to play with. btw... you mean you never change racket and you only one racket?

19. mizivincible

I only saw taiko david played once, didnt manage to play with him tho. But indeed, his smashes are rilly hard, so its no wonder he able to break or worn out the 10 Widebody 55.

Its ProAce Widebody 33, sure you can, I also wanna try your 55 too. But now bro jk1980 has problem coming, we'll see about that ok.

20. tucked

tucked Regular Member

Application Engineer
    Yes bro, beginner mah.
    Actually throughout the years been into many other sports but only lately my racket came out of hibernation and back into badminton.